Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Prayers for Rock Hill
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Prayers for Rock Hill

Apr 8, 2021, 8:12 AM

??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayers for Rock Hill

Apr 8, 2021, 8:20 AM

Yes.

Terrible News, can't believe anyone would have a problems with Dr Leslie, but to also kill two young Grand kids. Interested to see who the arrested person is and the relationship with the family.

Apr 8, 2021, 8:25 AM

When you keep hearing about situations like this, very hard to not think the End Times are upon us. The whole world seems to have gone stark, raving mad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

right

Apr 8, 2021, 10:25 AM

because we are so more violent now than we were 2000 years ago, or even 200 for that matter. We are 75 years removed from publically lynching people, get some perspective dude.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I never understand why people say stuff like that

Apr 8, 2021, 11:51 AM

Terrible violence has been one of the most consistent things in human history

These kinds of things

Apr 8, 2021, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Prayers for Rock Hill ]

have been happening as long as man has been around. We are a violent species.

not a lick of truth in that.

Apr 8, 2021, 3:56 PM

A baby is born with no understanding of violence, it must be learned. Some people have a genetic predisposition for violence more so than others, but no, we are not inherently anything.

Point taken...but we are very good at being bad***

Apr 8, 2021, 5:00 PM

Re: Point taken...but we are very good at being bad***

Apr 10, 2021, 7:44 AM

good yes we are. But what gives me hope, is that every time there is a tragedy, communities and people rally together and put their differences aside for the common good.

Re: Point taken...but we are very good at being bad***

Apr 10, 2021, 7:53 AM

To further show that you’re incorrect, look at children. Children are extremely cruel and aggressive. Even children raised in proper middle-class families with a mother and father at home are often very violent and cruel. I’m not sure how old you are and where you grew up but I’m 55 and I remember just how cruel kids were to other kids, especially kids that were fat or looked or acted differently. That is not learned behavior! Look at all the cases throughout history of little kids killing other little kids. That is not learned. It is in our nature! Good behavior is actually learned!

Show me one cruel infant, just one.

Apr 10, 2021, 8:15 AM

and completely anecdotal,

If a child is being cruel to others, someone is doing the same thing to them. They don't just learn the F word on their own, they observe and imitate behavior. And if a child feels the need to single out others to make themselves feel better, they have shiddy parents or peer that is abusing them, which is still shiddy parents who stick their heads in the sand because their 8-year-old is displaying sociopathic tendencies, which again, is a sign of abuse or trauma.

that being said, some kids have a higher genetic predisposition towards violence, we know this as fact. But that does not mean they will become violent, abuse has to occur first.

Re: not a lick of truth in that.

Apr 10, 2021, 7:50 AM [ in reply to not a lick of truth in that. ]

Actually we are. It’s in our nature and has always been in our nature. Scientists know that what causes sociopaths and serial killers is often when a toddler doesn’t connect to another human being and form some type of connection by the age of four or five the results are very bad! As Jordan Peterson and other well-known psychiatrists and psychologists have pointed out over the years peace is actually new to mankind. We’re actually living in the most peaceful time in human history. Violence and aggression is more our normal state, especially for young men.

Apr 8, 2021, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Prayers for Rock Hill ]

former NFL player Phillip Adams:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31214902/report-former-nfl-player-phillip-adams-kills-5-himself

It's a terrible thing and very unusual.

Apr 8, 2021, 8:44 AM

A shooting like that, an apparent home invasion taking place in the daytime hours while multiple people were in the house..just not real common.

Either the suspect likely was searching for drugs from a doctor or he had a grudge of some sort.

Terrrible tragedy. A productive family gunned down by an unproductive murdering thug that will now cost the taxpayers hundreds of thousands to keep behind bars!! Makes me sick.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

It’s a tragedy ...***

Apr 8, 2021, 8:54 AM

He offed himself***

Apr 10, 2021, 7:01 AM [ in reply to It's a terrible thing and very unusual. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Apr 8, 2021, 8:59 AM

I live in the area. My mother was good friends with Dr Lesslie and his wife. Such a terrible situation. Rumors floating around are the shooter is an ex NFL player. Praying for the Lesslie family and also the family of the HVAC guy Mr Lewis

Apr 8, 2021, 9:05 AM

It is odd how the suspect has been “found and identified” for some time now, but they have yet to release the name.
Prayers for the Lesslie and Lewis families. Just gut-wrenching.

Apr 8, 2021, 9:09 AM

Yes, it is pretty strange. I stayed up during the manhunt, kind of hard to sleep with helicopters flying around everywhere. Around 1-2 this morning they had him pinned in what they said was his parents home and from what I’ve heard is he shot himself inside. Coward

Apr 8, 2021, 10:03 AM

They’ve released the suspect’s name. Former SC State and NFL player
https://news.yahoo.com/2-children-among-5-killed-010718996.html
https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/fNk0onVBj.QxymJSom6hFA--~B/aD01MTg0O3c9MzQ1NjthcHBpZD15dGFjaHlvbg--/https://media.zenfs.com/en/ap.org/247bf4b3182796c108b9e0d09d496830">

Apr 10, 2021, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Prayers for Rock Hill ]

Actually, it’s not odd at all given the politically correct times we are living in. If he were white his name would’ve been released immediately. Just like the black guy that brutally beat the Asian woman in New York City. And the Middle Eastern guy that killed a bunch of people recently. The media sweeps these things under the rug if it’s not a white man. I’m sure I’ll get called racist by the usual brainwashed Lib Tarde‘s on Tiger net, but the truth is the truth! Truth is not racist. Hiding the truth and trusting the truth is racist. The racist in America are those on the far left. They are the communists and the fascists and the totalitarians. Them and their insane critical race theory Whereby you are racist just by being born white! If you are not a woke anti-racist then you are by definition a racist. These people are insane! Even the overwhelming majority of progressives including progressive academics including black progressive academics like John McWhorter call thus stuff dangerous and total BS!

Apr 8, 2021, 9:13 AM

What the actual eff?

I went to Winthrop. A couple of my friends back in the day went to him as their doctor. Lordy.

What in the world?

Why?

Apr 8, 2021, 9:46 AM

I went to college with Robert Lesslie and this is a another senseless, tragic event in our country. Very sad. Prayers for the family.

Apr 8, 2021, 9:46 AM

Dr. Lesslie was a great guy.When he owned Riverview Medical we took our children there when they had sinus infections,fever, etc.Go to heraldonline.com to see York County Sheriffs Dept. news notification on the suspects description which WSOCTV.com out of Charlotte did not supply all info on suspects description.WSOCTV is owned by Atlanta based Cox Media Group so you know the reason why.

I was watching fox46 out of Charlotte this morning and they

Apr 8, 2021, 9:54 AM

too didn't mention any details about the suspect, even though a description had been issued during the search by York County Sheriffs Office. Just crazy......

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was watching fox46 out of Charlotte this morning and they

Apr 8, 2021, 10:16 AM

They don't want to offend BLM

Apr 8, 2021, 11:51 AM

After deep perspective regarding this piece of crap child murdering SOB , he should receive a 1 day trial with the least capable public defender they can find and lynch his #### in the middle of town. That would be more decent than the option he gave the kids.

Apr 8, 2021, 12:09 PM

While gaining perspective you might want to read some of the other posts...he killed himself.

Apr 8, 2021, 12:15 PM

Good. Disappointing yet cheaper and same result

Live just a few minutes from where shooting happened

Apr 8, 2021, 12:23 PM

Very tragic and sad situation. Prayers to both families. Suspect's father spoke with news this morning...

https://www.wcnc.com/mobile/article/news/crime/york-county-doctor-mass-shooting-phillip-adams-suspect-father-identifies-son/275-2fa8b949-1a7f-4a86-a90b-2223b595a756

Re: Live just a few minutes from where shooting happened

Apr 8, 2021, 1:18 PM

Here comes the theme: “He’s always been a good guy, the football messed him up.” Said his dad.

The NFL destroyed this man and drove him to the point where he thought he had no way out or relief from his never-ending mental and physical pain.
The concussions made him do it.....

Re: Live just a few minutes from where shooting happened

Apr 8, 2021, 1:35 PM

For all you who don’t do sarcasm, I’m not making an excuse for this murderer. It will give the media another reason to smear the game of football.

Three letters.

Apr 8, 2021, 12:49 PM

CTE

Don't create an excuse for evil.***

Apr 8, 2021, 12:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

Yeah, if only he had gotten that exorcism, this wouldn't

Apr 8, 2021, 1:21 PM

have happened.

Science is a LIE.

Re: Yeah, if only he had gotten that exorcism, this wouldn't

Apr 10, 2021, 7:56 AM

I'm sure glad the LIE eradicated polio and smallpox.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Yeah, if only he had gotten that exorcism, this wouldn't

Apr 10, 2021, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Yeah, if only he had gotten that exorcism, this wouldn't ]

Ah yes the far left wacko one of the handful of far left wackos here on tiger net always making excuses for people saying the science the science! Actually progressives like Brett Weinstein and his wife will tell you that there is no such thing as the science! Science is a process of getting things less and less wrong. It is a process of following precise methods of research. It is not a thing. And liberals and progressives don’t believe in science and don’t follow science whether it’s global warming or abortion or transgender issues etc. as there is nothing on the left that is based on actual science!

And oh by the way CTE does not make you kill other people. CTE causes depression and causes people to commit suicide. CTE has been around for decades and to the best of my knowledge this is the only person to kill someone else. I think there may have been a couple of cases of severe CTE where they killed members of their family before killing themselves, but not other people. And oh by the way we don’t even know if he has CTE until an autopsy has been performed. But hey he’s black so let the excuses begin! If he were white it would be another reason for gun control! We don’t need gun control. Guns aren’t the problem. Ask people in Australia or in England. They have high murder rates too and don’t have guns. If you want to kill someone or kill yourself you will find a way. Since you believe in science so much maybe you should learn basic statistics.

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

No excuse

Apr 8, 2021, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Don't create an excuse for evil.*** ]

but there are certainly causes for why these things happen.

Re: No excuse

Apr 8, 2021, 4:25 PM

Yeah he probably wanted some pain pills and the Doc said NO . So like the animal he was he slaughtered everyone in sight.

It’s this kind of speculation that’s hurtful to the victim’s families***

Apr 9, 2021, 2:19 PM

T_I_P, it's a slippery slope. Some people blamed Hitler's

Apr 9, 2021, 10:41 AM [ in reply to No excuse ]

actions on a raging case of Syphilis that spread to his brain. Should we be wary of all who have had a venereal disease?

Re: Three letters.

Apr 8, 2021, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Three letters. ]

How many concussions does it take to negate free will again? Plenty of people have all different levels of brain injuries and don't go on murderous rampages. Terrible situation for the victims.

Apr 8, 2021, 4:22 PM

The killing of these 2 small children alone is about the most despicable thing anyone could do .
I hope this animal is burning in he.ll and all his father can do is blame football and say his son is a good man. Next thing you know they will have him painted on the side of buildings.

Whoa...

Apr 8, 2021, 5:28 PM

Imagine that was your son ....

Re: Whoa...

Apr 8, 2021, 5:52 PM

When will the riots start. Oh wait a minute

Grab for attention ??

Apr 9, 2021, 2:21 PM

Disgusting

Re: Grab for attention ??

Apr 10, 2021, 8:16 AM

The only thing disgusting is the fact that he is right and your sensibilities are hurt because you don’t like the truth that BLM and antifa and people on the far left are the real racists & fascists in this country. All of these so-called peaceful protests Are based on absolute lies and fabrications and distortions of the truth. And oh by the way those peaceful protests killed over 2 dozen people including some Trump supporters that waere gunned down in the streets And did over $2 billion in damage to property. Yet it has all been rationalized and justified by Democrats and the mainstream media, but now we have Washington DC looking like a war zone and whatever Democrats are controlling the strings of Joe Biden are doing everything they can to make a police state and go after anyone that simply disagrees with them because a handful of people broke into the capital.

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

Would this be a HATE crime?

Apr 9, 2021, 11:23 PM

I know suspect is dead, so no trial. But just curious.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Um no. Black people aren’t racist.***

Apr 10, 2021, 7:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Apr 10, 2021, 6:15 AM

?????? God Bless Rock Hill and the families involved in this tragedy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2021, 8:03 AM

The emotional suffering being felt by those families must be overwhelming. Sending prayers of comfort and healing

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic