Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Attorney says 12 women now intend to sue Deshaun Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Attorney says 12 women now intend to sue Deshaun Watson

Mar 19, 2021, 4:32 PM

Attorney says 12 women now intend to sue Deshaun Watson

Houston attorney Tony Buzbee held a press conference on Friday and said he will now represent 12 women who intend to sue Deshaun Watson for sexual or civil assault. Buzbee also says ten additional women have contacted him since the story first broke. On Thursday afternoon, it was confirmed the NFL w (Photo: Trevor Ruszkowski / USATODAY) Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Attorney says 12 women now intend to sue Deshaun Watson

Mar 19, 2021, 5:10 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if that sleazebag lawyer drags up every woman that DW4 has said hello to since becoming a NFL QB. Maybe even some where he went to grade school, once a sleazebag, forever a sleazebag!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2021, 7:06 PM

I'm still waiting to get more info but this looks bad right now.

Mar 20, 2021, 12:42 PM

That's where I'm at, and I HATE it. I hate waiting----we know we have to wait until at least after the remaining 6 files are sent to the court before we ever hear from Watson's camp again and I can't stand it.
It's starting to sound more and more like he simply made mistakes, knowing they were mistakes BUT without knowing how bad those mistakes were. He's going through a gut-wrenching time right now but I'm certain he'll come out on top & will be an advocate for preventing others making these same mistakes, too. He's a champion like that.

This is getting ridiculous...***

Mar 19, 2021, 5:13 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how in the world can a sleazy lawyer find

Mar 19, 2021, 5:32 PM

12 women willing to submit themselves to media fame and potentially a big payout?!! Amazing!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: how in the world can a sleazy lawyer find

Mar 19, 2021, 11:21 PM

Do we know who the women are?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2021, 12:46 PM

Several of them, yes.

It sounds like what he was doing was hiring professional, small-business massage therapists, perhaps to try to help support them like he does with his money often (i.e., rather than seedier massage parlors, prostitutes, etc.). It's a fantastic trait of his. I think he just didn't know the mistakes he made were as big as they are. It does sound like an honest but costly mistake in spite of the suit not being for money outright. I hate the waiting part, though. Can't stand it for Deshaun.

Mar 20, 2021, 12:44 PM [ in reply to how in the world can a sleazy lawyer find ]

But they're not suing for money, that's what I don't understand. It would make sense if they were (this lawyer has sued for over $100 million before & for large sums for much more frivolous cases by nature), but the texts also make it sound like Deshaun knew he made some mistakes, it just sounds like he had no idea they were this big is all. He'll come out of this a champion no matter what, but this timing is awful for all of us & for Deshaun. I hate it.

Mar 19, 2021, 5:51 PM

As Clemson fans we should support and pray for Deshaun but it is really stupid to assume he is not capable of doing what he is accused of. Every school and their supports put athletes on a pedestal but there is not one in the country, including Clemson, who are not disappointed time after time.

It's up to the Ho's and their lawyer to PROVE it ,not up to

Mar 19, 2021, 7:25 PM

the ACCUSED to prove anything .

Re: It's up to the Ho's and their lawyer to PROVE it ,not up to

Mar 19, 2021, 11:26 PM

the ho's...wow. It is not our place to judge either side, but your message is dangerous. That is the exact reason most women say nothing after an assault or harassment. I just hope the truth comes out regardless of the outcome.

Mar 20, 2021, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Attorney says 12 women now intend to sue Deshaun Watson ]

DW is guilty of stupidity for putting himself in this position. I do not believe he is guilty of any sexual assault or any crime, but anyone older than ten years old know the stigma attached to online massage therapists. why not choose a therapist from a reputable hospital or medical provider. DW no doubt probably did what many others use these outlets for. Doesn't make it criminal, just stupid.

Mar 20, 2021, 12:49 PM

It seems from just looking at the profiles, though, that these were small businesses & women trying to make it on their own. Maybe Deshaun was deliberately trying to help them? It definitely seems in his character, and the pattern is the same, so to speak (i.e., no seedy shops, no prostitutes, etc.), I just don't think he realized his mistakes were as big as it sounds like they may be is all. An honest mistake, maybe, I don't know (we have to wait to hear from him again and the waiting is the worst) but at best an honest mistake that he will own up to & be accountable for, of that I'm certain. He's a champion.

Mar 19, 2021, 7:31 PM

If Deshaun had no money, would there be a lawsuit? Definitely not, so it’s not really about being offended.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2021, 12:50 PM

But the lawsuit isn't for money?

I don't think he'd be in this position without money because he wouldn't have been able to hire these professionals & support their small businesses in the first place (to me, it sounds like that's part of what he was trying to do, sortof like how he "gives back" all the time to different places & people just trying to make it).

Boy did they pick the wrong tree to go bark up

Mar 19, 2021, 7:44 PM

I hope sleazball attorney gets disbarred-although he is probably doing nothing other sleazeballs do
Do well and find yourself in the cross hairs.I still wouldn't put it past the Texans to engineer some crap like this. It would be "NOW" will you play for us?? I find this unfathomable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2021, 7:59 PM

Civil assault claims are very weak. Where is the injury? Unless they can prove he physically forced these accusers, there is nothing to this. Did anyone call the police? It is a pure shakedown. Hope he fights it.

Mar 19, 2021, 9:39 PM

Lmao. If I had money, theres no question that someone could find 24 women to say I had assaulted them. In this day and age, if you look at a woman wrong, its assault. My wife could probably claim assault on our first date, because i stole a kiss.

Mar 20, 2021, 12:53 PM

To be fair, it sounds like even Deshaun knows he made some mistakes, like in his texts that we've seen. Did you see that stuff? I think he'll own all of this & come out on top eventually, but for now it stinks & all we can do is pray for him to get through this the best he can.

That is odd

Mar 19, 2021, 9:56 PM

I have never seen that many come forward in this time period. Usually it may be a couple come forward week or so later but not this many at one time. Sounds kinda fishy like the lawyer had this planned out and just released it all at once. If this is true why did they wait so long? Is DW guilty? Maybe but maybe not. Also find it odd that he never had any accusations in college. If this lawyer and females are making this up I hope they rot under the jailhouse.

Re: That is odd

Mar 19, 2021, 11:40 PM

Timeline does not matter in this. Victims of an assaults can wait to come forward or not at all for varying reasons. Some of those include embarrassment, self blaming, public opinion, and so many others. People who claim they are fabricating is another reason. It does not matter if he had no accusations in college. Anyone could start performing criminal acts at any point in their life. If DW4 is guilty then he should be thrown under the jailhouse just as if they fabricated the story they should also.

Mar 19, 2021, 10:51 PM

I learned through the 2020 presidential campaign that we can't believe the woman anymore...the media taught me that....See Tara Reade. So I don't believe any of these women.

Mar 20, 2021, 12:45 PM

No matter what happens, his reputation will never be the same. It is sad.

Mar 20, 2021, 12:51 PM

Maybe not, but one thing we DO know about Deshaun is he's a great person & he will own his choices. It wouldn't surprise me if instead of cowering he becomes an advocate against anyone making the same mistakes he did & he'll help promote how to do things right & louder than ever. Deshaun will turn this into something else that defines his character, not let it just tarnish him forever, just my two cents.

Mar 20, 2021, 1:54 PM

I understand Deshaun has retained counsel, and it does his side no good to try this case in public now the way the plaintiff attorney is doing.

Unless he is has been some secretive predator, I think a really large number of accusers hurts the plaintiff's case. There has to be a diminishing marginal return at some point.

DW4's attorneys will request discovery of all of the text, phone, and email correspondence -- not just what the plaintiff attorney has published.

If I were advising Deshaun, I'd have him include Atlanta attorney Ed Garland on his defense team. He's well-known in this space. He could co-counsel even if not licensed in Texas.

https://www.superlawyers.com/georgia/article/the-master-storyteller/f5046ae8-73a6-4f97-a9ef-4c2b76dbc715.html

We'll see how things play out.

Mar 20, 2021, 2:01 PM

It's a vast left-wing conspiracy. The target is anyone aligned with Dabo 'cause the liberals do not like Dabo. Hope Deshaun can make it through this.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic