Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Monday Update: Stadium expansion, Swinney's camps and Elite Retreat, and tailgating
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

TNET: Monday Update: Stadium expansion, Swinney's camps and Elite Retreat, and tailgating

Apr 12, 2021, 2:57 PM

Monday Update: Stadium expansion, Swinney's camps and Elite Retreat, and tailgating

As Clemson University and the rest of the nation make progress in coming out of the pandemic, the athletic department continues to adapt and improvise as conditions merit. That leads to some updates we would like to pass along to all of you, some of it newsworthy and some of it just informational. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Concerned, as I saw no mention in the stadium plans of

Apr 12, 2021, 3:05 PM

dipping dots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Other Proposed Ideas ---

Apr 12, 2021, 3:20 PM

A designated section for balloon releasing.

10 cent wings for when we play Chickenlina in Death Valley. It will make the slaughter..!$### ...I mean beating...!$###...I mean victory in our favor that much more flavorful.

Are they expanding the equipment room next to the lockers

Apr 13, 2021, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Concerned, as I saw no mention in the stadium plans of ]

to make space for the purple helmets?

Dipping dots!! Are they the most useless invention ever??***

Apr 14, 2021, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Concerned, as I saw no mention in the stadium plans of ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Monday Update: Stadium expansion, Swinney's camps and Elite Retreat, and tailgating

Apr 12, 2021, 3:15 PM

It would seem that they would just go with the flow until they can recover from the covid season losses before spending a huge amount of money with anything concerning DV, just saying!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Monday Update: Stadium expansion, Swinney's camps and Elite Retreat, and tailgating

Apr 13, 2021, 6:50 PM

the purple chrome helmets...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its nice to add the seats and I know...

its an enhancement is spots, but its really not necessary. In person viewing has declined each season overall and by my count (excluding 2020) we have only sold out 8 games since 2015...and thats basically a mix of Carolina, FSU and the SEC opponent.

Re: Its nice to add the seats and I know...

Apr 12, 2021, 3:55 PM

Actually, plenty of statistics and studies have been done that states long range they'll be an even bigger decline.

I was reading two different studies that showed Gen Z (1995 - 2012) birth years, are far less likely to identify with sports. so about half have either enrolled in college or getting ready to enter college. Most identify with E-Sports... Whatever those are.

An even less portion participate in the traditional sports. I'm sure Clemson and Southern schools has a higher rate but still falling nonetheless. Interesting stats.

https://morningconsult.com/2020/09/28/gen-z-poll-sports-fandom/

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2021, 10:45 AM

E-sports are definitely the future. The next LeBron James is going to be someone that plays video games professionally and streams on a platform like Twitch or YouTube. A report came out in 2016, I believe, that showed about 17 million people watched the final game of the World Series, while 40 million people watched the League of Legends (some PC video game) final match. That is a massive difference in viewership, and that was 5 years ago. Millennials and especially Gen-Z are going to watch E-sports over traditional sports. And young people will likely grow up wanting to be professional video gamers/content creators instead of athletes.

Apr 13, 2021, 4:19 PM

Thanks Leon. You're the bomb, or is that not said anymore either. Anyway, you pretty doggone smart on sports.

But, each their own. Can't beat being outdoors, packed like sardines and getting chills over the experience.

Apr 14, 2021, 9:44 AM

Football, MMA, and basketball will probably always be my 3 favorite sports. However, I imagine future generations will be saying League of Legends, Fortnite, and Call of Duty will be their favorite sports. Microsoft paid this one video game streamer $50 million to stream on their platform. That's insanity. Imagine how much more lucrative that industry will be in 5-10 years lol.

Apr 12, 2021, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Its nice to add the seats and I know... ]

Unfortunately Swoffie's additions to the ACC other than Miami (and they aren't in our division) did nothing to excite and increase attendance either.

Miami?

Apr 13, 2021, 10:05 PM

?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2021, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Its nice to add the seats and I know... ]

So if you as an athletic department know your attendance will be declining what do you do? You try to create the illusion that there is premium seating (it’s still a football game people) and make it more expensive per seat hoping the die hard and deep pocket fans make up the difference in lost revenue by having a higher percentage of premium seats. This is why they mention the future reduction in seating elsewhere later - they want to turn the whole stadium into boring premium seating.

Apr 13, 2021, 11:50 AM

Exactly. The newest pro stadiums have larger nummber of premium seating vs regular seating. Levi’s stadium had one side lower deck seating only with large suites above that. Not worried as much about regular customers

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2021, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Its nice to add the seats and I know... ]

This ole gals pockets are only so deep. Heck, I still prefer grass. Wouldn't trade my hill experience in the 60-80's for nuttin in the world. The more packed the better. We got hurt a good bit trying to get on the field. Shoot man, them were battle scars. The more the merrier...

What, no mention of an East Oculus?

Don't they know these things usually come in pairs, like eyeballs?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What, no mention of an East Oculus?

Apr 12, 2021, 3:26 PM

;)

Apr 12, 2021, 3:23 PM

Was there mention of the oculus adding the PAW lighting into the sky? I’d tap on a few extra 100’s to IPTAY.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men’s XC/T&F said ‘Hi’ and ‘BYE’

Apr 12, 2021, 3:28 PM

Not good timing right now. This is gonna generate some negative press.

Apr 12, 2021, 4:36 PM

Good news that we are moving in the right direction, but yes, I don't think I would not be building anything bigger at this point. Even if all seats do end up being available, I don't think anything other than perhaps a move of UGA to a home game would fill them up.

Apr 12, 2021, 7:01 PM

Quit reading when then title got to two ands...

Apr 12, 2021, 7:32 PM

GREAT job by the Athletic Dept and IPTAY. If any place can return to normalcy it’s Clemson with the great leadership in place. As for me, I can’t wait. My Tickets were ordered yesterday and I didn’t get my forms until Go Tigers

Apr 12, 2021, 7:32 PM

Until today

Apr 12, 2021, 8:24 PM

Good comments here. Our AD loves to build and Coach Swinney has to have most and new, etc.

This should be on hold for couple years. Decline in attendance is real. We have a terrific facility. Our team has not done well against very good teams past two seasons.

We need that videoboard ASAP!***

Apr 13, 2021, 7:25 AM

$68.7M to expand the stadium, but drop Track and Field and

Apr 13, 2021, 7:47 AM

Cross Country to save a lousy million a year. Ridiculous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2021, 8:44 AM

I'll see a full stadium with tailgating when I believe it. Until then it's all platitudes. All I want is tickets for the two games that my daughter can make this season. Hopefully they can accommodate that.

Apr 14, 2021, 6:23 PM

Still would like to see a few oversized elevators added to access the upper decks to prevent heart attacks for us old guys who can't afford the elite seats.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic