Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In a sense we are no different than Ohio State now.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

In a sense we are no different than Ohio State now.

Apr 5, 2021, 3:58 PM

They spent their whole year wanting to revenge their loss. Finally they beat us and then had no identity as they got shellacked the next game. We too have been avenging a loss. The only team that can beat Clemson is Clemson. All off season we’ve been looking for a rematch against Clemson and finally Saturday we got our wish and beat Clemson. Now what? I hope we quickly move on to another identity unlike Ohio State.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nurse!***

Apr 5, 2021, 4:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I hope this makes you nauseous . . .

Apr 5, 2021, 4:17 PM

Re: I hope this makes you nauseous . . .

Apr 5, 2021, 7:42 PM

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And what's even more troubling is

Apr 5, 2021, 4:13 PM

that roughly half of our players are 0-2 in 2021. In Dabo I trust, but I sure hope he can get this thing turned around quickly.

Re: In a sense we are no different than Ohio State now.

Apr 5, 2021, 4:52 PM

Maybe you are forgetting we also got shell shocked in the last game of the season before. Either way a Spring game is no indication of who we are.
But I do know we certainly are no OSU.

Apr 5, 2021, 6:12 PM

Big difference. tOSU was obsessed with avenging the loss to Clemson, felt the game was stolen and they should have won.

Clemson on the other hand is acknowledging that they got beat, were not prepared and are committed to learning from the loss regardless to who the loss was to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2021, 4:10 AM

Point well taken.And that alone makes us better than OSU.

Apr 10, 2021, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: In a sense we are no different than Ohio State now. ]

First, Ohio State had reason to think it got robbed. The Ward hit changed the game. By the letter of the law it was targeting. But a targeting in that scenario- where a player doesn't launch- is hardly ever called. There was no launch. I mean, a guy not 6 feet tall got a targeting on Trevor Lawrence? Trevor Lawrence wasn't even hurt from the targeting. He was hurt because Young roughed him up. It looked bad because of Young, not Wade. And while Lawrence was on the ground is when the replay booth took a closer look. If anything, Young should have gotten penalized for unnecessary roughness, not Wade for targeting.

The scoop and score would have pretty much ended the game. Now one may be able to debate the targeting, but not the scoop and score. A catch with three steps equals possession.

I agree that Dobbins didn't score the TD. The replay got that right.

When Ohio State received the roughing the kicker penalty, on the same play a Clemson player face masked an Ohio State player and threw him down by his face mask. It was pretty easy to see. If you don't believe me, go look at it on YouTube. That play should have been offsetting penalities giving Ohio State the ball. That was a drive where Clemson scored a TD. You take that drive away, Ohio State wins.

Every single thing went Clemson's way in that game, including a few bad calls, and they still barely squeaked by.

Now let us go to last year's game. Ohio State was the hammer and Clemson the nail. It wasn't close. People on this board have argued the Clemson linebacker should not have been removed, but his hit included launching and was a spear- something that Wade did not do. Therefore, don't argue that Wade's disqualification was good and the Clemson linebacker was not. Second, with or without the linebacker, Ohio State was running through Clemson. Did you watch that game? The best player on the field was Fields and the second best player was Togai.

There is no justification for Clemson to think you got robbed. You can't lose by that margin, even if you disagree with a call, and say you got robbed. On the other hand, Ohio State lost by 5 and Clemson was gifted 2 touchdowns and was gifted in one less touchdown for the Buckeyes (the scoop and score).

Please don't compare Clemson to Ohio State. Ohio State actually is one of the most prestigious programs in the entire country that happens to be excellent this. Clemson has a back and forth history. This decade it has been good. But the recruiting trail is already suffering. I think Dabo making insensitive remarks this year will pay. Having a building named after a plantation owner will also pay in this culture.

On the other hand, Ohio produced Grant and Sherman, two men vital to the end of slavery. Ohio as a state and Ohio State has the history, tradition, and prestige, something Clemson doesn't have. I mean, nearly year in and year out since Cooper Ohio State was a win or two away from playing in the Rose Bowl or playing for the title. If Cooper would have defeated Michigan Ohio State would have two or three more titles most likely. Clemson doesn't have anything like that. Clemson is a recent thing that is already starting to die down. I have a feeling Clemson will go the path of the Florida Gators. For the Urban years Florida was a juggernaut.

Ohio State is old money and new money with the best band in the land. Clemson is new money, and in college football new money only lasts for about a decade. I'll give it to you that if it was about more beautiful women, Clemson would have many schools beat. But it seems that among the overall population Ohio St has Clemson beat with dental care. You need to lay off the Copenhangen and Skoal. And please don't try Grizzly.

Apr 11, 2021, 8:51 AM

Now this novel has proved to the world that tOSU can cry longer than any fan base on the planet. With the exception of USCe of course

Message was edited by: Rally119®

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2021, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: In a sense we are no different than Ohio State now. ]

If we give you the one you claim you got stolen then you are 2 and 2 against a team that cannot compare to the great OSU. Suck on that for a while, I think both tackles in the games were targeting and if we go back and look at every play I bet we find some holding calls during this years game so who knows that could have been the difference, so don't cry about something that did not get called the year before it makes you look like a big baby.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2021, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: In a sense we are no different than Ohio State now. ]

Sherman was a war criminal and HATED blacks.

Apr 11, 2021, 6:23 PM

Sad part is that after Sherman burned Cootlumbia they just built on top of the rubble. They may have cleared it but they hadn't since I was last there 5 years ago.

And Grant owned slaves long after Robert E Lee did!!***

Apr 11, 2021, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: In a sense we are no different than Ohio State now. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2021, 7:30 PM

That may be a bannable offense!

Apr 5, 2021, 7:46 PM

https://www.clemson.edu/brand/guide/

Apr 5, 2021, 8:18 PM

Nah, I actually understand what lovinit is saying. I hope that he/she will come back and expand on what was posted.

When Saban came to Bama, he said he wanted Bama to have an identity. Said beating an opponent wasn't good enough, he wanted to dominate every opponent. He's frequently referred to that from time to time saying such things as "we lost our identity"...

Imho, Dabo's version of that is best is the standard, and also reference to being Clemson. Good article written right after the OSU loss and how Clemson needs to take Clemson to phase 2. Idk lovinit, but it's actually a good discussion topic.

Apr 11, 2021, 8:37 AM

Still, to compare Clemson football to Ohio State is like comparing Baylor to Kentucky in basketball. I'm not saying Clemson is not great right now. But they have not been a perennial power for the better part of 40 years, with a chance to win the title the great majority of the years. Now, Ohio State failed to win that many titles in that time period because of inability of Cooper to beat Michigan. He had a Michigan mental block.

I love the Carolinas. I was saved in Montreat, North Carolina. I actually went on a mission trip to Clemson. Not trying to cause waves. But the first step in having decades of domination over your opponents is respecting your opponents.

I think that is one reason Alabama has the best team most years since Saban came. He respects everyone. Dabo looked like a clown because he insisted Ohio State was the 11th best team. I understand his reasoning...I get it....only 6 games....but still, he lost to the 11th best team on his scale.

Apr 11, 2021, 9:34 AM

Agree Dabo was stupid for what he did this year but so was the Doctors at Osu, Meyer for covering for an abusive man, and least we forget about Woody the legend Hayes.

Apr 11, 2021, 2:25 PM

doctors at Ohio State? For Covid issues? You do realize that the Ohio State medical school year in and year out is better than Clemson's version.

The Big 10 made a mistake about canceling season. Ohio State is not to blame. Ohio State, Iowa, and Nebraska are the three teams that pushed the most. With Ohio State carrying the most weight. Unfortunately, many of the states in the Big 10 are blue. And I think they wanted to use the virus as a way to hurt Trump. So did the Pac 12. But when the ACC, SEC, and basically every one else called their bluff, the Big 10 appeared like weak idiots. You can thank the commissioner, Warren. Ohio State did not want to cancel season. Actually Fields and Lawrence teamed up with the "Let us play" movement.

Secondly, unfortunately I think you are right about Meyer. I am not exactly sure what he knew about Zach Smith and his abuse. But Meyer's track record is extremely bad at Florida. It's not that bad at Ohio State, besides Zach Smith and possibly the Zeke issues. But the Florida problems were herendous.

I actually don't think Urban is that good of a coach. He is really good at getting top level assistant coaches. I don't think there is a better defensive line coach than Larry Johnson Sr. And Urban did bring Day in, who has a spotless record. But Urban was also tone death by bringing in Iowa's strength coach to Jacksonville who is claimed to have made racial slurs to over 40 students.

Urban is not good game coach. And honestly, Ohio State never would have wiped out a good Wisconsin team, defeated an average Alabama team for their standards, and wiped out a really good Oregon team had Barrett not gotten hurt. Cardale Jones ability to throw the deep pass, mixed in with big time receivers long ball receivers, and Zeke Elliot proved to be a great recipe. For some reason Urban likes certain guys. Jones struggled early the next year and he gave the job back to Barret. Reminds me when Florida had Cam, but Cam left because of Urban's loyalty to Teebow, even though teammates claim Cam was better.

You are a Clemson fan. You know full well how easy it is to plan for an Urban offense. If he has any sort of running QB, he likes to continue to do QB power plays. And the power rangers of Clemson stopped that easily. The Ohio State defense matched up with Clemson pretty well. But when your offense keeps going 3 and out, the other team is going to score thirty-forty. With Cardale Jones, who is not a runner, the QB power runs are off the table. And that is when Ohio State is at their best. But Urban leaned to heavily on QB running plays, and they did not work verse Clemson or against Michigan St. the year Michigan St. had a good team.

I think Urban will fail as the Jags coach. He has a tremendous winning percentage and against bowl teams of lesser talent, like USC and Washington. But when the field is equal with talent, I don't think Urban has the ability to switch strategies well enough at higher levels.

Honestly, it would have been better for Trevor Lawrence to go to the Jets, and for the Jets to get new coaches that were good with developing quarterbacks. Trevor Lawrence is probably the best quarterback prospect in recent memory, but it won't matter if the offensive line won't protect him, or if his receiving crew doesn't get open.

For the record, in the larger context of things, I would rather have the Zack Smith issue occur at my school - who was fired immediately when the administration found out- compared to having an important building on campus named after an owner of many slaves. I would rather my school be located in the state that produced the men who ended the Civil War and slavery compared to the state that fired the first literal shot in the defense of an economic system that depended on slavery. I am sure happy that Ryan Day did not wear a shirt that said, "Football Matters" a few weeks after George Floyd's death. I mean, I don't like the name "Black Lives Matter." But even someone as conservative as me knows that you only make the matter worse by being tone death. Didn't Dabo discourage a rally the football players wanted to have but when the national news found out he encouraged it? If that type is true, I am reminded of someone like the book of James says- someone who changes like the wind. In the end, I think Ryan Day is a better man than Dabo and a better football coach. And recruits are seeing it. We will see how well Venables does now that everyone knows his defense was based on stealing signs and the way to beat it is by huddling and then having quick counts. The talent gap will protect Clemson in the ACC. But we will see if Venables will be able to shut down opponents of equal or greater talent now that coaches know how to play him. Notre Dame wrote the cliff notes, and Ohio State wrote the book.

Apr 11, 2021, 3:39 PM

doctors at Ohio State? For Covid issues? You do realize that the Ohio State medical school year in and year out is better than Clemson's version.

The Big 10 made a mistake about canceling season. Ohio State is not to blame. Ohio State, Iowa, and Nebraska are the three teams that pushed the most. With Ohio State carrying the most weight. Unfortunately, many of the states in the Big 10 are blue. And I think they wanted to use the virus as a way to hurt Trump. So did the Pac 12. But when the ACC, SEC, and basically every one else called their bluff, the Big 10 appeared like weak idiots. You can thank the commissioner, Warren. Ohio State did not want to cancel season. Actually Fields and Lawrence teamed up with the "Let us play" movement.

Secondly, unfortunately I think you are right about Meyer. I am not exactly sure what he knew about Zach Smith and his abuse. But Meyer's track record is extremely bad at Florida. It's not that bad at Ohio State, besides Zach Smith and possibly the Zeke issues. But the Florida problems were herendous.

I actually don't think Urban is that good of a coach. He is really good at getting top level assistant coaches. I don't think there is a better defensive line coach than Larry Johnson Sr. And Urban did bring Day in, who has a spotless record. But Urban was also tone death by bringing in Iowa's strength coach to Jacksonville who is claimed to have made racial slurs to over 40 students.

Urban is not good game coach. And honestly, Ohio State never would have wiped out a good Wisconsin team, defeated an average Alabama team for their standards, and wiped out a really good Oregon team had Barrett not gotten hurt. Cardale Jones ability to throw the deep pass, mixed in with big time receivers long ball receivers, and Zeke Elliot proved to be a great recipe. For some reason Urban likes certain guys. Jones struggled early the next year and he gave the job back to Barret. Reminds me when Florida had Cam, but Cam left because of Urban's loyalty to Teebow, even though teammates claim Cam was better.

You are a Clemson fan. You know full well how easy it is to plan for an Urban offense. If he has any sort of running QB, he likes to continue to do QB power plays. And the power rangers of Clemson stopped that easily. The Ohio State defense matched up with Clemson pretty well. But when your offense keeps going 3 and out, the other team is going to score thirty-forty. With Cardale Jones, who is not a runner, the QB power runs are off the table. And that is when Ohio State is at their best. But Urban leaned to heavily on QB running plays, and they did not work verse Clemson or against Michigan St. the year Michigan St. had a good team.

I think Urban will fail as the Jags coach. He has a tremendous winning percentage and against bowl teams of lesser talent, like USC and Washington. But when the field is equal with talent, I don't think Urban has the ability to switch strategies well enough at higher levels.

Honestly, it would have been better for Trevor Lawrence to go to the Jets, and for the Jets to get new coaches that were good with developing quarterbacks. Trevor Lawrence is probably the best quarterback prospect in recent memory, but it won't matter if the offensive line won't protect him, or if his receiving crew doesn't get open.

For the record, in the larger context of things, I would rather have the Zack Smith issue occur at my school - who was fired immediately when the administration found out- compared to having an important building on campus named after an owner of many slaves. I would rather my school be located in the state that produced the men who ended the Civil War and slavery compared to the state that fired the first literal shot in the defense of an economic system that depended on slavery. I am sure happy that Ryan Day did not wear a shirt that said, "Football Matters" a few weeks after George Floyd's death. I mean, I don't like the name "Black Lives Matter." But even someone as conservative as me knows that you only make the matter worse by being tone death. Didn't Dabo discourage a rally the football players wanted to have but when the national news found out he encouraged it? If that type is true, I am reminded of someone like the book of James says- someone who changes like the wind. In the end, I think Ryan Day is a better man than Dabo and a better football coach. And recruits are seeing it. We will see how well Venables does now that everyone knows his defense was based on stealing signs and the way to beat it is by huddling and then having quick counts. The talent gap will protect Clemson in the ACC. But we will see if Venables will be able to shut down opponents of equal or greater talent now that coaches know how to play him. Notre Dame wrote the cliff notes, and Ohio State wrote the book.

I was actually talking about this doctor:

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2020/10/05/ohio-state-sex-abuse-daily-cover

Apr 11, 2021, 10:32 PM

Ohhhhhhh......THAT Doctor!

What ya got Sherman?

Apr 12, 2021, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: In a sense we are no different than Ohio State now. ]

and Notre Dame must have forgot to bring the cliff notes to Charlotte in December.

Apr 11, 2021, 4:09 PM

Put the pipe down and quickly walk away

Apr 12, 2021, 12:11 AM

Yeh.......in the same kinda sense as Roseanne Barr is Miss Universe.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic