Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What’s up with us missing on these recruits? UGA? Really?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

What’s up with us missing on these recruits? UGA? Really?

Mar 26, 2021, 8:13 PM

Please explain to me why Jalon Walker is all of a sudden going to UGA? Why can’t we close lately? Is the visit restrictions hurting us that badly? Jeff Scott being gone? A rumor out there? And please don’t give me the whole tired “bagman” stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What’s up with us missing on these recruits? UGA? Really?

Mar 26, 2021, 8:22 PM

They have a McDonald’s

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will help u understand.

Mar 26, 2021, 8:35 PM

Not missing on recruits. Did u not see that Clemson offered the safety in VA pretty much the day before the athlete from GAs commitment day? Plus we offered another safety in that same period. Clemson is top 5 recruiting everywhere and they pick who they feel will be a right fit. Obviously the guy in GA was not the right fit and had us in his hat collection because there are only 3 hats a kid from GA covets. That’s GA, AL, and Clemson but Dabo and company made their intentions to recruit elsewhere public before his commitment. I can see why u have a 54% rating because ur either a troll or a sucker for gcocks!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson grad but 54% because I’m politically/socially different than most here and vocal...

Mar 26, 2021, 8:56 PM

I am just disappointed mainly by the news I’m hearing about Jalon Walker and hate losing these recruiting battles to the mangy mutts!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will help u understand.

Mar 26, 2021, 9:59 PM [ in reply to I will help u understand. ]

Not sure what HBrown did to anyone but your response isn't entirely correct. Not saying that's never happened TForL, but it's a rare occurrence. The vetting Clemson does before We offer anyone is next to no one. Hence We don't offer many.

H, We had him down for a visit at spring practice before covid shut everything down. We offered him last June. He was a high priority recruit for us.

At the time we offered, Bama and jawja weren't in the mix. I wish we could just pick and choose as suggested but that's not reality.

That said HBrown, we've been losing in certain positional groups lately more so to Bama and Ohio State. Hate to lose a NC kid to uga though. That's been our bread and butter for awhile.

You'd really have to know the inside info to really understand. Could be something as simple as CBV wanted him to play ilb and he wanted more of outside etc... Not saying that's the case, but I'm sure Kirby would promise that if he thought the kid would bite. Again, not sure but that's possible.

A lot of it is selling the competition. The ole play against the best blah blah. And really lean on the ACC being weak. I don't get it either H. Ask Quozzel, viztiz, Leon Trosky? Sp. And those guys. I'd suggest you look and search for their posts and follow them.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2021, 2:01 AM [ in reply to I will help u understand. ]

You think maybe we offered those guys immediately after being told by recruit that he was going to UGA?

We’ve got a habit of recruiting only one kid so that he can see we are serious about him..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Mar 27, 2021, 6:15 AM [ in reply to I will help u understand. ]

That post is not based on reality. It wasn't about fit. We go allin and we hope to get plan A. We missed and we have a plan B. Our plan B's are great too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep exactly right

Mar 27, 2021, 10:00 PM

See Trenton Simpson as an example.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a fair question...which nobody here has the answer to.

Mar 26, 2021, 8:37 PM

I can only assume that Kirby has some extraordinary bs that he tells recruits and their families that they, for whatever reason, buy-in to. That's all I got.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Mar 26, 2021, 9:05 PM

We have some talented grad students on the roster for next season. W'll be ok.

A lot of us know what’s going on...

Mar 26, 2021, 9:09 PM

but, unfortunately, we’ve been asked not to tell you.

Sorry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Lol!!! That’s clever

Mar 26, 2021, 9:24 PM

Nm

Re: A lot of us know what’s going on...

Mar 27, 2021, 2:28 PM [ in reply to A lot of us know what’s going on... ]

It has to be the retarded fake virus restrictions not letting any juan visit.

Once they get on campus and get a feel for the place our closing % goes way up.

A real visit is 100X better than a Zoom Call.

But I guess we’ll just listen to Tyrannical Doctors Orders until they tell us we can go outside and play again which will be never.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2021, 9:22 PM

How many post are you going to have one the UGA crap?

Mar 26, 2021, 9:33 PM

It will get easier before signing day after Dabo runs up the score in Charlotte. Bank on it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2021, 8:33 AM

You need to brace yourself for a third consecutive loss to a transfer QB.

Hmm, we beat the transfer QB at BC ...

Mar 27, 2021, 12:59 PM

... so your comment has many inaccuracies, both in predicting the future and understanding the past.

Re: Hmm, we beat the transfer QB at BC ...

Mar 27, 2021, 1:03 PM

My mistake. Forgot about your win over......BC.

Your only comment is the opponent?

Mar 27, 2021, 1:05 PM

Not your inability to have facts to backup your assertions?

Thanks for proving my point.

Re: Your only comment is the opponent?

Mar 27, 2021, 3:03 PM

Suddenly facts are important around here. I look forward to your insisting on such accuracy and detail the next time one of your pals is droning on about Kirby Smart's "obvious" cheating.

I did not realize BC played with a transfer. I'll concede the point to you that he was a transfer. I stand corrected. Clemson's loss to UGA will in fact not be it's 3rd in a row to a transfer QB. It will mean that 3 or their last 4 losses will be to a transfer QB.

Re: Your only comment is the opponent?

Mar 28, 2021, 12:30 AM

Nobody here believes what you’re hoping, ??

Mar 27, 2021, 8:41 AM

Since you don't want to hear it, I won't tell you. But, he/they is/are very real.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2021, 12:52 PM

Well it helps that Kirby can tell LBs that we haven’t put a decent LB in the league years that’s had success...I don’t count Simmons because his @$$ is a freak of nature who’s more in tune as a DB...

I don’t see why anyone would ever want to play for UGA and that staff...They simply fail at develop players and that’s by a long shot

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

This isn’t new.. How any 5 star OLs have we lost t

Mar 27, 2021, 2:09 PM

To UGa? How many RBs picked Uga at the last second over Clemson? It usually doesn’t matter bc UGA is never in the CFP but they always poach our targets.

Mar 27, 2021, 7:46 PM

Why is everyone suddenly freaking out with criticism of our inability to close recruits? Makes no sense! Clemson is top 5 in recruiting year in year out. You snowflakes need to settle down and take a deep breath. Who cares about UGA anyway. They are the master chokers and can't translate recruits into victories anyway. Kirby Smart is Mark Richt 2.0. Clemson will be fine!

Mar 27, 2021, 8:49 PM

Honestly, with only a handful of exceptions, Georgia has out recruited us for most of the last twenty years. Hasn't translated to success on the field (or at least not more success than us) though.

Mar 28, 2021, 10:51 AM

Honestly, with only a handful of exceptions, Georgia has out recruited us for most of the last twenty years. Hasn't translated to success on the field (or at least not more success than us) though.

Some may actually need to look at the recruiting rankings before they post. Jut looking at Rivals (which is likely slightly biased towards southern states) Clemson has had one (1) top five class in the past five years and that was 2020 where we land at #2. In 2017 we are ranked #22 (small class). UGA has been in top 10 all 5 years and has three (3) classes that Rivals rated as #1. No question that UGA has done less with more over the years than any team in CFB but please don't compare Clemson's recruiting to UGA - it doesn't. D Ford actually had eight (8) CONSENSUS top 10 classes in a row but it never contained a TL or DW because we ran an option so we didn't really get the most out of all those blue chippers. BTW the series record between UGA and Clemson has UGA leading 42 to 18 with 4 ties. Not sure you would even call that a rivalry but the Tigers have been on top for a few years which may or may not continue. Long way to go to get to 42 wins against the Dogs - safe to say it will never happen in our lifetimes although we can get to 19 wins next year if we play our "A" game.

Mar 28, 2021, 12:27 AM

Cool it HBrown ??

Mar 28, 2021, 1:20 PM

I think it’s pretty simple. It goes like this.

Here’s the standard, meet it or you will not be here.

Some recruits don’t meet it and they are not offered. Other recruits it scares off.

UGA & BAMA have more of a “you’re special and we’ll make special rules for you” kind of policy.

Clemson won’t do that. Hope that clears it up.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic