Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This morning on WCCP they were asking, "When did you know
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,979

This morning on WCCP they were asking, "When did you know

Feb 17, 2021, 8:32 AM

something was different about Clemson....", and the announcer said,"A friend of his who went to practice called and said,man, we got this cat named Watkins....."....Well sirs, before the first game I was warned, instructed, notified, to be in my seats early and NOT TO MISS OUR 2nd Play on offense. Sammy took it to the house!! I believe the gut on the radio was right...And then when we beat LSU..it was on!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just think how good he was............

Feb 17, 2021, 9:36 AM

was an AP 1st team All-American his freshman season - not the "freshman All-American team" but the actual All-American team.

My favorite play with SW is still when he caught a pass in DV from TB at around mid-field then stared down several Georgia defenders before breaking away and outrunning them to the end zone for a TD.

The foot injury and subsequent surgeries has evidently

Feb 17, 2021, 9:38 AM

robbed him of some of that speed. If not, he would be seeing the field a lot more for the Chiefs. :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, it's a shame that this nagging injury has kept him....

Feb 17, 2021, 9:41 AM

from being all that he would have been in the NFL.

Re: Yeah, it's a shame that this nagging injury has kept him....

Feb 17, 2021, 10:08 AM

true. when he was a freshman no one could accelerate like him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I knew we were better before then but. Excuses excuses I know but

Feb 17, 2021, 10:29 AM

It had been years since I’d been to a game with life happening being in Air Force, medical school, residency etc. finally met my brother and his boys with me and my son at the auburn game we played in 2016. Sprung for some decent seats close to the field but around 10-15 yd line. I remember when the team came out for warmups just thinking how differently our team was size and speed wise as compared to the games I went to in the late 80s-90s.. Looked like a bunch of athletic freaks. A nail biter of a game that I expected us to look better in. But funny story is I told my son to wait til half time to get something to eat. My brother and his sons went. I took one look at the line and said no we’d wait until we got ahead by a few tds and then we’d go. Needless to say we didn’t eat the rest of the game. My brother missed most of the third quarter in line. Then after getting out of auburn etc (late game), it was like 2-230 in am my son finally ate at Taco Bell. Guess he learned about how seriously I take Clemson Football then. Sorry for the long post but that’s when I knew how differently we were built and could give anybody fits.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I knew we were better before then but. Excuses excuses I know but

Feb 17, 2021, 1:37 PM

The overtime loss to Auburn in 2010 is when I knew we had the right coach.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,979
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic