Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finally got around to watching the spring game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Finally got around to watching the spring game

Apr 10, 2021, 10:37 PM

been busy. True freshman and players that stood out.

RB. Not a single guy outside of Dixon and Mafah belongs at a Power 5 program, sorry guys. None of these guys are very good. GT has better backs returning than we do. you are kidding yourself if you think the light is just going to turn on with the Juniors.

That said Mafah is the complete package, He will be our starter at some point this season, sooner than later. I was very relieved to see his performance. He has exceptional balance and a nice wiggle, he is a bruiser. The other backs go down like a sack of potatoes at first contact, he gets that extra yard or 2.

Shipley is overrated. JMHO. I hope he proves me wrong, but his game will not translate at this level. maybe he can do things in the slot and hit a few home runs. Definitely fits the mold of a punt returner, that will be his home I imagine.

WR, don't even know where to start. Ajou Ajou is about all I have to say..Nice surprise to an already loaded roster. Our TE rotation has me drooling.

Oline Tate Tucker and Mayes stuck out. Was not paying much attention. Honestly have no clue what to look for here, but Tate seems impressive as a true freshman.

DB We hit it out of the park with Wiggins and Mukaba. Mukaba is a big-time upgrade on the back end. He will play this year.

DL Denhoff stood out, He will redshirt. Nice length. He will be a tough guy to deal with a couple of years.

Message was edited by: SmilingTiger®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Finally got around to watching the spring game

Apr 10, 2021, 10:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Apr 10, 2021, 11:07 PM

Just not seeing it with Shipley. If he was the top APB in last year's cycle, then there are a lot of disappointed coaches out there right now. Don't get me wrong, he is a fantastic athlete and a winner. The coaches will find ways to get him the ball in space where he can be effective.

I don't think a lot of people on here know how to take you.

Apr 10, 2021, 11:37 PM

If they hang around long enough, they may catch on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I don't think a lot of people on here know how to take you.

Apr 10, 2021, 11:41 PM

I don't think you know how to take me. I stand behind Shipley being a marginal top 200 talent, and i hope I am wonrg.. And I stand behind Mafah being the closest thing to a RB on this roster now that ETN has moved on.

Apr 11, 2021, 12:28 AM

I want to hear more about your impression of Mukuba at DB in the spring game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Apr 11, 2021, 1:01 AM

sorry, I confused him with Mickens. stop being a d!ck.

Apr 11, 2021, 8:59 AM

Sorry, but between that and your take on our RBs, I thought you were being a d!ck. When I saw the part about Shipley and the other RBs, I thought, wow, that's a brave and controversial take! Then, when I read the part about Mukuba, I thought "Aha! Now it makes sense. This is just Tbalm yanking our chain! He threw the Mukuba thing in to see who is paying attention". Sorry, peace out.

- H. L. Mencken

Apr 11, 2021, 10:23 AM

I know I am a bit of a jokester, but I do not joke about Clemson football. I seriously have been living in cave the last couple of months pulling 70 hour weeks. I have started to watch the game, only to have it drone in the background while I am slaving away. I got to finally sit down and focus on a handful of players. Again, I hope I am dead wrong about Shipley. I think he is a great player, just not the answer for replacing ETN, just my 2 cents.. I think Mafah is our guy.

I see a couple of nasty guys on the oline with the right attitude, and the backup safeties looked good.

and if I am wrong about Ship, I will be the first person to GLADLY post that I was wrong.

that is about it.

Apr 11, 2021, 10:49 AM

Don't stop being a jokester, whatever you do. That would confuse me and cause me to have to reevaluate and relearn everything, and I'm getting too old for that. I love learning new things and I know change is inevitable, I just don't like having the rug jerked out from under me.

- H. L. Mencken

Apr 12, 2021, 6:53 AM

Hmmm, as someone earlier posted, how is SmilingTiger editing T-Balms posts?

Message was edited by: ColumbiaTiger66

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Apr 12, 2021, 7:02 AM

Edit one of your own posts, then go back to it and see if you can change the name of the editor.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2021, 7:38 AM

Edit one of your own posts, then go back to it and see if you can change the name of the editor.

You learn something new everyday. See above.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Apr 12, 2021, 7:56 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't think a lot of people on here know how to take you. ]

You didn’t think Pace looked decent at RB?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see what you did there. Are you trying to make Shipley

Apr 11, 2021, 12:57 AM

punish dudes just so he can prove you wrong? I like it

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I see what you did there. Are you trying to make Shipley

Apr 11, 2021, 1:03 AM

Hey whatever works. . He just is not a Running back.

I see what you did there. Are you trying to make Shipley

Apr 11, 2021, 12:57 AM

punish dudes just so he can prove you wrong? I like it

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't see most of the spring game

Apr 11, 2021, 1:27 AM

but I think you are very wrong about Shipley. I don't know if he'll be productive as a freshman, especially early on. But he'll make an impact in future seasons. However, to be honest, I would rather have Bowman than Shipley.

I also like Kobe Pace at RB. He should be the starter against UGA.

Would not surprise me at all if Mafah emerges as the primary RB sometime during the season.

I have heard a lot of coach speak this spring

Apr 11, 2021, 2:01 AM

On Shipley I hope am wrong too. As far as Pace, he is no Nick Chubb. I saw Jones yank him to the ground with an arm tackle and he put it on the turf on a simple pitch play. The others just didn't run with that anger and purpose like we saw with Gallman and ETN.. I see that with Mafah. And he has those wide, fluid hips that make a good back hard to wrap up and tackle.

Shipley looks like a slot receiver to me.

Apr 11, 2021, 3:43 AM

We are so loaded at RB & WR!! Your a week late for class but that’s ok because Shipley is going to do it all for This team for years to come. I like the thunder (Mafah) & Lightning (Shipley) comparison! We hit on both recruits, Dabo loves both but is really High on Shipley breaking off long runs in practice & blocking. (Special teams & RB Mikey Dukes is coming on fast too) love Dabo & crews ability to develop TALENT.

WONDER IF-> they could develop this 53 year old into a special talent, I still have some eligibility left(just ask my wife)lol.....

Kobe Pace & Lynn J will be our thunder & lightning this season to begin but it might just end with the rookies dominating. Shipley will get more playing time than Mafah because of his playbook knowledge & breakaway speed.

We are going to go Paul Johnson on the little puppies!

You didn’t mention Ruke Oh-Roh-Roh-Roh but he’s going to be a big breakout player on defense this season!

The kids special & only practiced a couple times in the spring because of injury & still caused havoc.

Denhoff will be a keeper to with his technique & speed just needs time in the weight room!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

How does SmilingTiger

Apr 11, 2021, 7:20 AM

have access to Tigerbalm1's credentials in order to edit a post?

Asking for an imposter hunter.

The answer is in my original reply above.

Apr 11, 2021, 9:03 AM

A lot of you don't know how to take Tbalm!

- H. L. Mencken

Apr 11, 2021, 8:04 AM

Losing Bowman was a kick in the n*rds. Pretty decent assessment except I think Pace can be good.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2021, 9:56 AM

Pace looked dang good so not sure what rbs u watched. None of them close to Etienne tho.

I have not...

Apr 11, 2021, 10:00 AM

No spoilers please.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Unfortunately it seems we beat ourselves...

Apr 12, 2021, 8:25 AM

but I won't tell you the score

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

^^lots of experience beating himself***

Apr 12, 2021, 9:15 AM

Shouldn't short sell Shipley so soon

Apr 12, 2021, 10:36 AM

nm

So saying...Shipley should surely surprise in summer?***

Apr 12, 2021, 11:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

No spoiler alert or anything.

Apr 12, 2021, 11:13 AM

Please keep in mind not all of us are as up on current events as others.

Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic