Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Funniest thing I have read in a long time....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Funniest thing I have read in a long time....

Apr 7, 2021, 2:24 PM

"Clemson is run like a hungry business trying its best to win market share. USC is run like the DMV, as if you have no other options."

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/darla-moore-angry-at-usc.355549/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Re: Funniest thing I have read in a long time....

Apr 7, 2021, 3:37 PM

There are several gems in that thread...but that's probably the best.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2021, 4:45 PM

Funny thing to me is Mrs Moore GAVE the money to UofSuk, I don’t understand the strings attached if it is a gift. What does she want in return?

Apr 7, 2021, 5:00 PM

waterboyII said:

Funny thing to me is Mrs Moore GAVE the money to UofSuk, I don’t understand the strings attached if it is a gift. What does she want in return?

It is simply about showing respect to an Alum and someone who has given over 75 million to your institution, whose name is on the School of Business Building and who was once on the Board of Trustees. If Clemson could reach out to her, why didn't the school in which she has given so much of her money and time?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Apr 9, 2021, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Funniest thing I have read in a long time.... ]

Top donors always receive attention, especially when it comes to deaths in the family, marriages, children being born etc. Other top donors would have received condolences from the school, when she didn’t, she felt ignored. I understand her position completely.

Apr 7, 2021, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Funniest thing I have read in a long time.... ]

Apr 7, 2021, 5:04 PM

Normally when you are at "that" level - which is often not just money, but also time and board work, you are literally a "friend" of the university. If the coot didn't know or didn't care that is a major party foul. It wasn't something quid pro quo but rather a failure of the coots to act like a gentleman (I know, self defeating).

Apr 7, 2021, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Funniest thing I have read in a long time.... ]

The people on FGF and on this board who act like paying considerate attention to those who support your school with generous gifts is not appropriate kill me.

I like Clemson athletics. I give IPTAY a nice donation every year. I love Clemson but I get great gameday parking and a chance to buy tickets to every event. I appreciate the consideration a LOT.

Buddy of mine is rich and he and his family have given a lot of money to Clemson over the last 70 years. My buddy is as far from a selfish diva as a person can be. He really appreciates the personal support he gets all year long from IPTAY and the University. When his Dad died very close,considerate and appropriate personal attention was automatically extended to everyone in his family by a lot of people at Clemson and in IPTAY.. He did not give it a second thought the week, month or probably year of his fathers death. But a decade later he still appreciates it.

People like to belong. People like to be appreciated. Someone noted in this thread that a pastor at their church paid no attention to a death in their family, so the family moved to a different church. I won't say I would do that but I understand. That family realized the church did not see them as members of that church family.

Around Clemson we all talk about being members of the Clemson family. We welcome newcomers. We tell each other we love the Clemson family. If we see a Clemson cap or shirt on the street anywhere in the world most of us say Hello or Go Clemson. Being part of the family is really important to most of us.

My daughter is a physician in a big hospital and she meets familes at bad times in their lives. If she sees anyone wearing a Clemson ring she very often brings it up. The mention of the ring creates a bond that helps everyone.

Darla Moore is from South Carolina. Her Mom died. Reading the cards,taking the calls, looking at the flowers, bringing her food helped her at a very tough time in her life. USC did not care or even act like they cared or saw Darla as a member of the South Carolina family. I get her hurt.

Everyone gets to think whatever they want to think about Darla Moore and South Carolina.

I am glad the same thing is unlikely to happen to the Clemson family. Clemson acknowledged Darla Moore's loss because of who Clemson is and how we operate especially toward the people in our family who make our family what it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2021, 7:37 AM

Harley® Your post was perfect. Everything you said was stated perfectly and accurately. Thank you.

Apr 8, 2021, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Funniest thing I have read in a long time.... ]

Agreed 100% - Common courtesy and sympathy for a fellow alum and friend in need which I believe that she fully earned that title, transcends any amount of donor-ship, gifts, and accolades. It's the very fabric of the golden rule.

I also like being long..

Apr 29, 2021, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Funniest thing I have read in a long time.... ]

Oh.. u wrote belong. Oops

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Apr 29, 2021, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Funniest thing I have read in a long time.... ]

Tremendous post. Thank you-

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2021, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Funniest thing I have read in a long time.... ]

Tuesday at 9:57 PM

Carolina is ran by idiots.

This was the most logical thing I have seen posted on that site.

Apr 29, 2021, 3:39 PM

Not taking sides on this, and them pissing off a donor is funny. That said, in the quotes from the two letters she wrote where she refers to herself as “the university’s largest donor”, she comes across as an egotistical #####.

That is straight EPIC

Apr 29, 2021, 9:20 PM

taking a dump in your own bed

How can sci be so stupid ????

null

Apr 30, 2021, 8:01 AM

and run with a smile, I remember those gals over in Sikes hall were always in a good mood, never a bad attitude from any Clemson employee, even those broads in Harcomb used to flirt with us and call us sugar, then pile extra food on our plates.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic