Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
#1 in CFB Facilities - Again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

#1 in CFB Facilities - Again

Mar 2, 2021, 2:51 PM

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/LongFormArticle/college-football-recruiting-2021-facilities-Alabama-Clemson-Ohio-State-LSU-Texas-Georgia-Florida-160189814/#160189814_1

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #1 in CFB Facilities - Again

Mar 2, 2021, 3:02 PM

Excellent and we know Dabo stays ahead of the curve, so I am sure he will plan for updates as needed to keep us on the cutting edge.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 words

Mar 2, 2021, 3:07 PM

Thad Turnipseed

We really got this dude at the right time. Accent of coaching, players, facilities, etc... All seemed to happen together. Thad was very instrumental behind the scenes.

Mar 2, 2021, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: #1 in CFB Facilities - Again ]

Impressive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of my clients built the Northwestern and Bucknut...

Mar 2, 2021, 3:15 PM

facilities, so I've toured them both, and while they are really nice, Clemson's is still superior.

As a side note, uof6c at No. 5 is a joke.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Easy to splurge when you save so much.....

Mar 2, 2021, 3:31 PM

by not building a trophy case

Re: One of my clients built the Northwestern and Bucknut...

Mar 2, 2021, 4:14 PM [ in reply to One of my clients built the Northwestern and Bucknut... ]

Does the Woody Hayes venue have a whack-a-player game?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Re: One of my clients built the Northwestern and Bucknut...

Mar 2, 2021, 4:27 PM [ in reply to One of my clients built the Northwestern and Bucknut... ]

The Coots do have a studio where players and recruits can make their own songs, cuz they’re very original with their 2001 and Sandstorm music. I think the Hootie dude gave them the money for that.

Mar 2, 2021, 3:19 PM

Five the Coot some credit - they spent the most money on Division II transfer talent than anyone in the country - like spent the most money per championship our of all NCAA programs

naw, don't even give coot credit for failing....

Coots are way too high on that list.***

Mar 3, 2021, 8:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Mar 3, 2021, 9:40 AM

Wondering where our basketball facilities rank? I ask this for the folks who think our basketball program should be too 25 every year. If you ranked our football facilities in 2000 or 2005 they would have been middle of the pack as was our program. Only when we started investing in the program did it improve. Yes Dabo made a big difference but not without elite facilities.

Mar 3, 2021, 10:09 AM

Clemson;'s faciities are fantastic, but what they have over in Eugene is not even on the same planet. Oregon should win this award hands down every year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2021, 2:46 AM

Always thought ours doesn't look nearly as futuristic as Oregon from the pics.

My #1 and #2 favorite teams

Mar 4, 2021, 1:08 AM

are ranked #1 and #2 in this survey, in that order.

I'm calling it now: Tigers vs. Ducks on January 10, 2022 in Indianapolis (my hometown).

That would be so awesome!

Re: My #1 and #2 favorite teams

Mar 4, 2021, 2:55 PM

Serious question: Do facilities actually help persuade top recruits? The UofSC ranking of #5 should be evidence of that. I've had a few HS coaches in Georgia tell me that they've never had a P5 recruit choose a school because of facilities. Now, uniform colors, shoes, girl friend, that's another story.

Most P5 schools have decent facilities: some are just over the top.

Players won't admit facilities affect their choice much

Mar 6, 2021, 1:55 AM

Not really a good look for them.

However, there is a reason the top schools have great facilities and why they pour millions of dollars into them. They are essential for top line success.

However, facilities alone aren't enough. USCe is a prime example of that. But without great facilities, a school is very lucky to even be in the game for top recruits.

Coaching, winning tradition, recent success getting players into the NFL are also huge factors.

Many recruits like to use the word "fit" as a catch-all phrase and avoid being too specific. I don't blame them.

Re: My #1 and #2 favorite teams

Mar 6, 2021, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: My #1 and #2 favorite teams ]

Dlc83 said:

Serious question: Do facilities actually help persuade top recruits? The UofSC ranking of #5 should be evidence of that. I've had a few HS coaches in Georgia tell me that they've never had a P5 recruit choose a school because of facilities. Now, uniform colors, shoes, girl friend, that's another story.

Most P5 schools have decent facilities: some are just over the top.

Distance to a CFA is the primary factor for every single recruit. After that in no order: hookers, bagmen, hostess and facilities

Mar 6, 2021, 8:03 AM

I think not having good facilities hurts more than having top notch facilities help, of that makes sense

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic