Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not FB related, this is about covid 19 vaccine...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Not FB related, this is about covid 19 vaccine...

Mar 5, 2021, 1:53 PM

I had my first covid vaccine about 3/4 weeks ago, and as far as what I felt after that first shot was nothing more than a little soreness around the injection area.

I went back yesterday morning for the second vaccine shot, everything was good to go when I went to bed last night, but I was having some mild muscles aches. I woke up around 3 am, and I was hurting all over my body, and I felt like I had one of the worst flu bugs I've ever had, and My wife couldn't stack enough blankets on me to get rid of the chills, and I felt like I was freezing to death. I swear I felt awful with my muscles aching to the bone, and I was violently shaking with 4 thick heavy blankets on me. Wife brought me a couple of those green night time Alka Seltzer pluses, I went back to sleep shaking, woke up about 8 am, and I felt much better than a I did at 3 am. It's about 1:40 pm, and I feel like I did before I got my 2nd covid shot. But I never expected that second shot to send me into a melt down in the middle of the night.

So, if any of you experience what I did with the second covid shot, just stack on some blankets, take two night time alka seltzer plus, and you will feel better in the morning, I hope!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a good friend, 54 years old, received his 2nd shot yesterday

Mar 5, 2021, 2:03 PM

He had the same experiences. My mom, 77 years old, had her 2nd Wednesday and she had no troubles.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: a good friend, 54 years old, received his 2nd shot yesterday

Mar 5, 2021, 2:09 PM

most likely age discrimination.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 5, 2021, 2:14 PM

ps:think you should report that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 5, 2021, 5:17 PM

If I would have felt at 8 am the way that I felt at 3 am, I was going to call the covid vaccine folks, but being that I had recovered by about 50% at 8 am, I decided to give myself a few more hours, and I'm fine now with the exception of my muscles still feeling a little sore.

The shaking from the chills, and feeling that I was freezing to death was the worst part of the whole deal, and I felt so cold that I wouldn't get from under the covers to go pee. My wife brought me one of those hospital crookneck pee bottles, and she helped me to take care of my bizness without uncovering.

I do thank God for blessing me with a good wife, bc I wasn't getting out from under my stack of blankets lol!!! I did have to tell my wife that the next time that I got that way, that she needed to warm her hands, bc the water hose will shrink when something cold touches it, and making it difficult to aim!!! LMAO bc, my wife would kill me if she knew that I told everything about her helping me out in a stressful time!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2021, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: a good friend, 54 years old, received his 2nd shot yesterday ]

I'm 68, my wife is 70, she had her second covid shot a week before I did, and she says that it was no different than the first, but I am type 2 diabetic, and that could have had something to do with the reaction that I got from my 2nd the way that it did, a weakened immune system bc of the diabetes I'm a guessing!!!

Mar 6, 2021, 12:08 PM

you may well be right.i'd definitely mention it to your doc.and you can count on me not saying anything to the mrs.

null

Mar 5, 2021, 2:17 PM [ in reply to a good friend, 54 years old, received his 2nd shot yesterday ]

Same with my mom in her late 70's as well as an aunt and uncle- no problem at all after the second. Her nurse told her it seemed to be younger people that have side effects and not older. Have heard if you do have side effects just means your immune system is working. I'm kind of wanting to get the Johnson and Johnson one when my time comes that is one dose and done.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2021, 2:32 PM

My wife and I had no reaction other than a sore arm for 24 hrs. Don't know why it affects people in so many different ways.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2021, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Re: a good friend, 54 years old, received his 2nd shot yesterday ]

I think that anybody can make an appointment for the vaccine now bc, I got a call from my pharmacy an hour ago, they left a message saying that they had a limited number of the covid vaccines, and that they were doing them with a first come, first served with getting the covid vaccination. That was at the Gaston family pharmacy in Gaston, and the number is, ( 803-939-8489 ). If you live in the Cootlumbia area, call them, and see if you can make an appointment!!!!!

Has anyone had the Johnson & Johnson vaccine?***

Mar 7, 2021, 10:28 AM [ in reply to a good friend, 54 years old, received his 2nd shot yesterday ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Not FB related, this is about covid 19 vaccine...

Mar 5, 2021, 3:28 PM

Sorry you had to endure that but better than dead from Covid which my friends healthy brother is at age 65.
My 33 yo daughter got Moderna. First was easy. Second she had similar reaction as you. Lasted about 12 hours. However, piling on blankets is a bad idea. It raises your fever which makes you worse. Instead, take Advil if you are able or Tylenol and drink cool liquids. Don’t take it in advance though. Only if symptomatic.
We had Pfizer and had no side effects except sore arm. Everyones response is different. Glad you are better and now fully protected!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2021, 5:34 PM

I had the Pfizer vaccine also, but let me tell you this, with the chills, and as cold as I was, I think I would have covered up just as I did, even if I thought it could kill me. At least I would have died warm. Seriously, I was shaking so bad, that I pulled a muscle in my ribs, and in my back. I was violently shaking with my teeth gnashed so tight together, that I'm surprised that I didn't chip one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 5, 2021, 3:31 PM

My first shot .... nothing .... arm hardly sore. Second shot, a little sore that night and a restless night trying to sleep, but no chills or other side effects. Next day the entire shoulder sore and a little lethargic, but the following day was like I never had the shot .... all good. My wife's reactions were just the opposite .... sore first shot ..... nothing second shot.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2021, 3:34 PM

So sorry and hope you feel better in a day or two. My wife and I had our second shots yesterday and a soreness, we have no ill effects.

Mar 5, 2021, 5:55 PM

Some are lucky enough to not have any ill reactions, I wasn't lucky, but I feel just fine now with a little soreness from stressing my rib cage muscles, and a muscle in my back. The best results from this entire ordeal, is that I now feel much safer if I do come in contact with a covid carrier. I will continue to wear a mask, and I will continue to disinfect my hands before I get back into my vehicles. The very last thing I want to do, is to risk the life of someone just bc of carelessness, and not caring about others just bc I'm feeling safer!!!!!

I do know for a fact, that if everybody cared about their fellow man/women the same as I do care, covid wouldn't have ever spread the way that it has done bc of others not caring about anyone but themselves. Seriously, I am the type of man that would share my last meal with a total stranger if I knew they were hungry also.

When I lived in Beaufort, I picked up a homeless man, and I took him to my house to share our Christmas dinner with him, and my wife and I packed up everything that was left after we eat, and gave it to him with asking him if he would share it with somebody he knew that lived on the streets also, and he promised me and my wife that would. And fellows, he smelled so bad, that it ruined my appetite, but I was full from helping somebody that I knew need help!!!!

Yes I know that there are some that will take advantage of the situation, but helping one is worth being taken by 100!!!!

That's great, your immune system reacted as desired.

Mar 5, 2021, 3:39 PM

Sorry you went through that, but I'm glad you have it behind you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Same experience here...

Mar 5, 2021, 3:45 PM

I was pretty sure a haint was riding me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Mar 5, 2021, 4:23 PM

Regret you had a reaction. I had the Moderna (both shots) and had no ill effects whatsoever. My arm was not sore from either shot. It's amazing how some people have a reaction and others have no side effects

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Message removed by Author

Mar 5, 2021, 5:59 PM

Message removed by Author

Mar 5, 2021, 7:18 PM

I wouldn't call Joe a buzzard, but you don't get to be 99 unless you're tough!

Mar 5, 2021, 7:54 PM

I'm sure that Joe took it as it was meant as jokingly, nothing more, nothing less, and I thought that everyone would have seen it as just that, joking with Joe bc, I really don't think that anyone could respect Joe anymore than I do!!!

That should be MR. Buzzard, I say, I say, respect your

Mar 6, 2021, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

elders, son. :)

And if Mr. Joe 21 ain't your elder, we got us some REAL news on our hands here!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2021, 4:40 PM

Shot: Moderna
2nd shot Feb. 22
No side effects other than sore arm

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Mar 5, 2021, 6:11 PM

Not sure how old you are, but I had read when the vaccines were first released that the younger the shot recipient was the more likely to have worse side effects. Older people seemed to not be bothered near as much.

Mar 5, 2021, 7:55 PM

I'm an old 68, plus I'm a type 2 diabetic!!! My wife, and I both believe that was the circumstances to why I had a difficult time!!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Mar 5, 2021, 6:36 PM

I am 63 had mild case of Covid-19 thankfully and both doses of Pfizer vaccine. All 3 events felt about the same, a little worse with the illness. Likely your immune response activating made you feel that way. Best for all to get vaccinated, all 3 prevent serious illness and hospitalizations.

Mar 5, 2021, 8:00 PM

Yeppers, and knowing how bad the worst part of the side effects were, I would do it again tomorrow if needed to be!!!!

Mar 5, 2021, 9:12 PM

I'm type O . .I won't be getting a vaccine.

Mar 7, 2021, 2:24 PM

What does type O have to with being covid safe?

Mar 6, 2021, 1:00 AM

I had the first Pfizer shot today. Only side effect was it felt like I had the sniffles for two hours, then it subsided completely. My family/friends have spoke of the same horrors of the 2nd shot. Not looking forward to it at all in a few weeks. But for me it is necessary.

Mar 7, 2021, 10:10 AM

Getting my first shot on Tuesday. My wife had hers weeks ago. No side effects

Mar 7, 2021, 10:18 AM

Had my second shot the first week of January. I had basically the same reaction. I was miserable. Essentially, our hospital physicians are saying that a strong reaction to the vaccine is indicative of a very strong immune system. Your body is going #ALLIN after the vaccine. That being said, no reaction is not a bad thing.
Glad you’re feeling better.

Mar 7, 2021, 2:17 PM

Glad to hear that bit of info bc, I developed type 2 diabetes about 12 years ago, and I've been thinking that my immune system was taking a beating from the diabetes. I do know that my younger years of life, I believed that I had a pretty strong immune system bc I hardly ever got sick with colds or flu bugs. And bc I got so sick with the 2nd vaccine, I was thinking that it was bc of weaken immune system triggered by the covid antibodies.

I know that when we realized just how dangers the covid virus was, and bc my wife and I are X smokers, and we made the decision to kick smoking bc my was diagnosed with COPD. And bc of that diagnoses, I made the choice that anything that we needed from shopping, that I would be the one that took the risk to the stores to retrieve what ever we needed. I did get into a conscious habit to mask up before getting out my vehicle, and disinfecting my hands, and arms before getting back into the vehicle. I would also, when I pulled under our carport, I would spray everything that was purchased with 91% alcohol before I brought it into my home . My habits to try and keep my wife, and I safe from contracting the covid virus must have worked bc, we have been covid free, and we both have had the two Pfizer covid vaccines. And I thank God everyday that we have made it long enough in this pandemic to get vaccinated!!!!

After I have had my 2nd vaccine for two week, I plan on taking my wife to Outback for a ribeye and a blooming onion, one of her favorites!!!

Mar 7, 2021, 10:27 AM

I'm sorry your reaction was bad but glad it didn't last too long.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 7, 2021, 1:24 PM

Glad you're feeling better....hoping that we'll all be back to normal soon, and most of this board will be present in Death Valley come fall timeframe!

I just received my first dose of Moderna yesterday....sore arm and some sniffles, but nothing more....looking forward to that doozy of a second dose, but honestly, i'd go through a lot worse if it meant us being able to live normally again....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2021, 2:23 PM

Absolutely!!! My wife, and I feel like we got a Pardon from the covid 19 virus threat!!!

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic