Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who is the all-time best at third down catch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Who is the all-time best at third down catch

Apr 10, 2021, 9:47 AM

Conversions? I know who I think the person is, but I would like for someone in the know to verify the person.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No question the GOAT slot/possession WR is...

Apr 10, 2021, 10:00 AM

Hunter Renfrow

but special acknowledgment to “3rd Down” Jaron Brown

Others of note:
Artavis Scott
Adam Humphries
Tyler Grisham

Totally agree on HR as #1 on 3rd Down receptions . . .

Apr 11, 2021, 10:44 AM

yet, I remember Michael Palmer sitting down in the crease and making several drive sustaining plays.

Good old #86 . . . nothing fancy, just always there . . . sure handed while getting pounded . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who is the all-time best at third down catch

Apr 10, 2021, 10:14 AM

Just something special about that number (13 ) .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2021, 10:23 AM

That was what I thought, but does someone have the statistical evidence? Maybe even the rankings. Keith Jennings caught a lot of third down catches in his career.

Apr 10, 2021, 12:41 PM

How about 4th and 16?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2021, 2:28 PM

that catch by hopkins could very well be the most important catch in CU football history.without it the game is lost and we're still considered just a 2nd tier program.imagine what would have been said on espn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 10, 2021, 2:53 PM

Agree, that was one of those turning point catches, be we have had a few. I think the LSU win was more of a win "internally" more so than national perspective. After the previous orange bowl, we needed that postseason win.

I think by that time, our two-win season vs VT in 2010 was already on the rise and then the win over OSU the following year. I think LSU + OSU + dominating Oklahoma was the momentum changer. You have to take each one of those wins as big foundation blocks to our current success.

Also, of note, Tee's catch on 4th &6 with Brice - Drop that catch/game, we would have placed 2nd in the Atlantic and likely would have not been invited at-large that year.

Apr 11, 2021, 3:09 PM

based a lot of my opinion on what venables himself said after the game:"this is a program changing win".that night i couldn't watch the 2nd half because of new years obligations.when i got home and asked my son who had won,he replied that we had.i angrily replied that's not something to joke about.can laugh about it now though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 10, 2021, 1:26 PM

Is it limited to receivers who only played 4 years?

Apr 10, 2021, 1:30 PM

DW4 and Renfrow. A guy who can stop and start and lots of perfect passes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic