Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My last rant about CBB!!! Maybe
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,080

My last rant about CBB!!! Maybe

Mar 20, 2021, 2:15 PM

Please forgive this for being long, but I'm trying to be more specific rather than just saying "Fire CBB".
So another disappointing loss to a mediocre team that actually played poorly. Rutgers shot 39% from the field, 26% from 3 pt range and 66% from the FT line and had 3 more turnovers than us. So, how does this happen , if supposedly you have better talent ?? So here's the breakdown and exactly why CBB just isn't getting it done.

First of all, CBB can't shoot the ball for our players or execute on the floor. Players on any level have good days and bad days. On the good days , the coach looks like a genius, the fans are happy and it's all good. Now , let's talk about the bad days, like yesterday. That's where a coach earns his money. The coach , no matter the sport, that can quickly analyze what's going on, make adjustments and change the flow of the game and ultimately the outcome , is worth every penny.

So, again why did we get beat?
1) Poor outside shooting
2) Not gerting to the line enough ( We were 8 for 9)
3) Not getting enough offensive rebounds , thus not many cheap baskets or tip ins.

So, as a coach what do you do? At half, it was obvious we weren't able to pull away and / or put them away. Current approach was allowing them to keep it close and it was probably going to be a nail biter. Having Sims be the distributor from the top of the key works great if your other guys are hitting shots, but we weren't. It was taking the shots away from your best offensive weapon, not giving many opportunities to get to the line and leaving no one to rebound. So, ..... how do you change the flow??
One option would be to put PJ Hall and Simms in the game at the same time and pound the ball inside for a few possessions to change things up. Look for inside shots, use head fakes to draw fouls, get to the line more, and pound the glass for offensive rebounds . Try to force the defense to collapse down and kick it out for open 3's. That's just one example of what a coach could do , to effect the outcome.

Another option could be to roll in 5 fresh guys ( since we're so deep, lol ) and go all out full court man to man trapping press for 2 or 3 possessions. Create a little chaos. Dean Smith would do that from time to time and it was amazing how often it worked.

There are other tactics of course, but what does Clemson do? No change in strategy. Just , "oh well, this is our offense, we do what we do and we hope it will work. "

So there's that, but the decision to play out the clock and not foul was unforgivable. Might as well have thrown in the towel and said we're done.

It's time for a change people. In fact, that time came and went about 3 years ago.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My last rant about CBB!!! Maybe

Mar 20, 2021, 3:00 PM

Read Clyde Trapp's interview. I'm still okay with CBB.

Mar 20, 2021, 3:16 PM

I read it. I think that's great. I'm sure CBB is a great guy , runs a clean program and is a great role model. It's just abundantly obvious we're going to be mediocre BB program under his tenure. He's had ample time and resources to prove orherwise. If you're really happy with being mediocre , he's your guy. I can assure you , it would not be tolerated in the football program , that's for sure.

Mar 20, 2021, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: My last rant about CBB!!! Maybe ]

Until Brad changes his offensive philosophy I’m afraid it’s the same thing we been getting for 11 years that we will have next year Have you ever heard of crashing the boards and tipping the ball in Trying to give yourself another ball possession Brad must not have The problem has been he is one of the nicest guys on the planet earth runs a clean program and graduates his guys and wins just enough to have a winning record which seems to satisfy the folks in charge

Mar 20, 2021, 3:35 PM

It also satisfies a lot of the fans that never buy a ticket to one of our games, and that goes for a lot of fans that live only 30-45 minutes from littlejohn!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,080
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic