Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chickens take a CB transfer from Assumption College????
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Chickens take a CB transfer from Assumption College????

Feb 18, 2021, 12:31 PM

What the h$!! is an Assumption College????

Carlins Platel, DB, South Carolina: The Gamecocks have taken one of the more off-the-beaten path transfer routes of a team this offseason, adding a number of FCS transfers, with Platel being the latest. The Assumption College product finished his junior season in 2019 with 21 takcles and two interceptions. He’s got good size at 6-foot-2, 190 and will help rebuild the depth in the Gamecock secondary after a mass exodus.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chickens take a CB transfer from Assumption College????

Feb 18, 2021, 1:01 PM

You could tell the Coots my name as a Transfer coming in next year and they would get excited and think things are turning around for them next season, it’s how they roll. Obviously I’m a nobody and have not played football in 30 years .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2021, 1:09 PM

Don't know why the kid would transfer, looks like assumption has a lot better fan support and really, SEC-East leading facilities.

Not a dumpster fire nor a McDonalds in sight!

Feb 18, 2021, 1:12 PM

Better posters too

oh wait, their most notable alumni... I see now

Feb 18, 2021, 1:25 PM

You never know. After the Green Bay Packers made their draft pick, it was asked: "Is that Philander Smith from Elijah Pitts or Elijah Pitts from Philander Smith?"

Feb 18, 2021, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Chickens take a CB transfer from Assumption College???? ]

be afraid. be very afraid

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My assumption is that he has no idea what kind of abuse DBs at SC have to endure.

Feb 18, 2021, 1:21 PM

The assumption is that he will not defect once

Feb 18, 2021, 1:23 PM

he is with the chickens. But, you know what they say when you "assume" ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

No....

Feb 18, 2021, 1:44 PM

what?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: No....

Feb 18, 2021, 1:49 PM

It makes an ass out of both of you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

"Assume" makes an "as$" out of "u" and "me"***

Feb 18, 2021, 5:18 PM [ in reply to No.... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

SEC material?

Feb 18, 2021, 1:26 PM

I guess the propaganda of SEC speed, SEC talent, etc. doesn't apply anymore since they have to get D2 players.

The spin they'll put on it...

Feb 18, 2021, 1:37 PM

is that the kid was grossly under-evaluated and that he has NFL speed and talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feb 18, 2021, 2:35 PM

You know what they say about people who make assumptions

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2021, 3:03 PM

He heard they got free "piggyback" rides into the end zone!

Feb 18, 2021, 5:29 PM

At this point in the game you take what you can get. You're going to need a certain number of veteran guys from the portal who can step right in and play Minute 1 and there's some guys from the lower ranks who can play, so why not give some of them a chance to step up?

Ideal? No. A low-odds roll of the dice? Oh yeah. But what choice to you have at this point? Your other option is an empty roster spot, or a true 2-or-3-star freshman so green he doesn't even have to shave yet, and that poor kid is going to watch George Pickens jog right on by him like he's a baby giraffe on roller skates. I'd probably take my chances with Whoeverheis from Assumption College, you know? He's at least played a bunch of college ball.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic