Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have a contact in the Clemson administration
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

I have a contact in the Clemson administration

Apr 8, 2021, 12:43 PM

Who knows what they’re talking about. Based on what transpired around the Darla Moore snub, they are convinced it is intentional. In Clemson and South Carolina alike, there are three levels of administration to make sure major donors are taken care of. Oversights like this just do not happen. My contact’s assessment is there is a rub between Darla Moore and Caslen , and Caslen allowed his personal grudge to harm the university. University of South Carolina has become incompetent from top to bottom and it’s pretty hilarious to watch

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This story just keeps getting better and better!

Apr 8, 2021, 12:46 PM

Hilarious!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: This story just keeps getting better and better!

Apr 8, 2021, 3:29 PM

is this the same darla that use to be with the little rascals?maybe buckwheat could help out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I have a contact in the Clemson administration

Apr 8, 2021, 12:56 PM

Even if it USC's snub was not intentional, leaking the letter to the press is a straight up slap in the face. I suspect Ms. Moore never intended for that to become public. Any possibility of repairing the relationship is toast. Good news for Clemson.

Or, she has an ally that leaked it on purpose...

Apr 8, 2021, 7:48 PM

...to make sure it became public and further embarrass the U of Suckage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Apr 8, 2021, 1:10 PM

Darla Moore was very vocal in her disapproval of Caslen. She told the BOT that politics should not be involved in hiring the president, but McMaster wanted his friend to get the job, and the BOT went against her wishes. The P&C article said that she hasn’t been in contact with any BOT members or Caslen since his hiring. Not acknowledging her mother’s death was definitely intentional. She’ll continue to to work with the school of business because it has her name on it, but the university in general has been cut off. And they have Caslen to thank for it.

Apr 8, 2021, 1:26 PM

Your post is 100% accurate, but I didn’t want to drag the politics into it. I was trying to dance around the issue since too many people get their feelings hurt over truth.

Apr 8, 2021, 1:38 PM

True. Especially liberals.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2021, 2:03 PM

Naw, the truth is HE LOST, GET OVER IT! Hurts, don't it?

If someone can translate this for me, I would appreciate it. Thx***

Apr 8, 2021, 2:33 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it is another post about brownell.***

Apr 8, 2021, 3:09 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Maybe he's talking about his dog***

Apr 8, 2021, 6:55 PM [ in reply to If someone can translate this for me, I would appreciate it. Thx*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liberals ? hmmm, , .....

Apr 8, 2021, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: I have a contact in the Clemson administration ]

I dont think caslen or mcmaster are liberals. But the libtards have taken over, and libtards have a lot of money , so jarhead and foghorn leghorn better get in shape and suck it up, buttercups ..lol..

Message was edited by: Lennon-McCartney®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2021, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I have a contact in the Clemson administration ]

I wondered if it went that high up or did some underling forget to do his/her job but that confirms it.

Apr 8, 2021, 2:19 PM

No, the president would be involved with a school’s largest donor.

Absolutely.. especially considering her donations have

Apr 8, 2021, 3:10 PM

Been on the academic side.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Darla Moore made a power play back in 2019 trying to

Apr 8, 2021, 7:19 PM

keep them from hiring Caslen, and he evidently holds a grudge. (She was listed in the news story as just a billionaire donor, not on the voting Board of Trustees.)

Anyone who thinks these large donations don't come with "strings attached" is deluding themselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mrs. Moore has been very gracious and generous

Apr 9, 2021, 4:34 AM

to Clemson and South Carolina; thus, I am appalled that politics and/or a lack of gratitude have reared its/their ugly heads to denigrate her benevolence.

When the Nikki Haley/Darla Moore controversy arose several years ago, I cringed, and now, I believe news reports of Mrs. Moore's letter to the Carolina administration are only serving to widen the controversies.

Frankly, Mrs. Moore deserves better, and the USC administration was completely lacking in foresight and common decency for failure to acknowledge her Mother's passing, as alleged. Fortunately, Clemson was forthcoming, as it should have been, in expressions of sympathy, for both humanitarian and compassionate reasons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mrs. Moore has been very gracious and generous

Apr 9, 2021, 7:04 AM

Just the outside looking in, and based on other articles I would guess when accepting money from this lady, you kind of have to put on a dog and pony show just to let her know how important she is. And I’m sure a lot of big donors are like that.

However, I’m sure it makes those in fundraising appreciate the ones who aren’t . That’s definitely a line of work I could never be in.

Having said that, I would have at least been at the funeral and sent an appropriate sympathy card if I’m Caslen

The problem is that, assuming what’s been described

Apr 9, 2021, 8:56 AM

is accurate...that being that a University will have a robust infrastructure to account for everything with regard to big donors, and acknowledging the death of a big donor’s parent is a no-brainer, definite area a group like this would account for, and therefore it can be reasonably assumed that UofSC didn’t just mess up, but chose not to acknowledge it...

...well, I hardly think she’s being high-maintenance to be furious about this. You can have all the grudges in the world, but wow. How petty can you be?

Honestly if I were on the board I would be very concerned that you may have a president of a university that would jeopardize the relationship of the school’s largest donor because of a personal grudge. That’s remarkable, I think.

null

Her Mother's passing wasn't just alleged...

Apr 9, 2021, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Mrs. Moore has been very gracious and generous ]

it actually happened.

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Apr 9, 2021, 10:22 AM

Your take is spot on. When Caslen was hired I talked to a former president of Clemson University. He was shocked that Caslen would take the job given the uproar it created and given the 11-8 vote of the board of trustees to hire him. I believe Caslen was angered by Darla Moore's public opposition to his hiring. Unfortunately for U of SC, Caslen made the decision to snub her. She has now made the decision to snub
U of SC. Guess who got the better of that exchange.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic