Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rush Propst at it again........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Rush Propst at it again........

Feb 25, 2021, 8:17 AM

the "legendary" AL and GA HS coach is under investigation, again, down in Valdosta for "illegal recruiting" violations. Allegedly, through his HS booster club he was paying the familes of a couple HS QBs who transfered to Valdosta for their monthly living expenses. The Cali QB, 5 star who signed with MIAMI, was being paid $2500 per month. This kid actually was declared ineligbile by the GHSA (a hugely inept organization) and he then left to go to GRAYSON where they cleared him to play and he led them to the 7A state championship.

As one who follows HS football and recruiting in GA, I was very impressed with kid's abilities although not so much with his demeanor. I did wonder why Clem, UGA, BAMA didnt seem to be actively recruiting him. I think we know why now. Obviously, that didnt stop FSU or Miami though, not that any of us ever thought it would.

Next step - transfer portal in GA for HS football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It just means more in Georgia...

Feb 25, 2021, 8:44 AM

This guy is trouble. Priorities totally out of whack.

He has the mindset of a child. Selfish and clueless

My main question is, other than the illegalities of it,

Feb 25, 2021, 9:34 AM

how does a Georgia high school come up with the cash to pay individual players families $2500 A MONTH!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My main question is, other than the illegalities of it,

Feb 25, 2021, 9:38 AM

IMG Academy in Florida is a private school that charges $25,000 - $35,000 per year. So when they want a player to come to IMG they give him a scholarship. What is the difference between Valadosta High School and IMG? About one zero on the end.

Feb 25, 2021, 9:42 AM

I am sorry, I did a little research and the cost of IMG is $85,559 for room, board and tuition.

Per year?***

Feb 25, 2021, 12:34 PM

null

Feb 25, 2021, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: My main question is, other than the illegalities of it, ]

makes the cost of attending the ivies seem like a bargain.wonder which diploma is worth more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I;ll add too that...

Feb 25, 2021, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: My main question is, other than the illegalities of it, ]

IMG is a sports specific academy that plays exhibition games nationwide. Valdosta is a state supported public school playing for championships against other community schools.

Re: Rush Propst at it again........

Feb 25, 2021, 11:04 PM

GHSAA proved to be as inept and illogical as the NCAA is on a regular basis.

After Probst was run out of Bama, he got a job at my Alma Mater, Colquitt County HS. Great coach, won a couple of state championships, but got into so much off the field trouble he was fired. After a year, Valdosta High hired him. Long story with Valdosta High. For years they were the #1 HS program in the state (even country). Wright Bazemore and Nick Hyder are legendary in national HS lore. But, recently, Lowndes High has surpassed them. (Lowndes County High is the other HS in the country with Valdosta High. Basically, the school and the boosters sold their soul and hired Probst in an effort to be able to be better than Lowndes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It has all grown so corrupt from high school on up.

Feb 26, 2021, 12:20 AM

There is a very distinct reason we’ve dropped to this level in amateur sports and it’s very obvious. Just look at the changes in the sport and the weakness in the governing bodies over the recent period.
It is a travesty and disappointing face of not just football but primarily football - look at Vanderbilt baseball.
Once players begin getting paid legally to play college football I agree with Kirk Herbstreit it’s the beginning of the end.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic