Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Transfer portal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Transfer portal

Feb 24, 2021, 8:59 PM

Clemson currently has 82 of 85 scholarships filled. My opinion is one of those should be filled by a current walk on and the two remainders could be used in the portal for WR and OL depth.
Possibly Safety also If a talented player is in the portal.
We are thin at the Slot WR position, so this could be a time to strengthen that position. We could use an upper class man on the OL if talent is in the portal. Safety is another position for consideration if there is another talented player in the portal to recruit.
As I understand the 2021 season, a team can have as many players as they want due to covid. So we should definitely be willing to put some players on the roster if for no other reason than competition.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no inside info, but just based on body type, Shipley

Feb 24, 2021, 9:23 PM

and or Stellato may get long looks at the slot position. Just an uninformed hunch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Transfer portal

Feb 24, 2021, 9:38 PM

I don't think teams get to have "as many players as they want". It's just that last year did not count against eligibility -so any senior who had exhausted their eligibility got an extra year this fall and so far for this year only - they do not count against the 85 scholarship limit but they do count towards the overall roster total.. The next three years the same rule applies as far as seniors getting the extra year but NCAA has not ruled on whether they too will be exempt from the 85 limit. Regardless, even this year, teams can have no more than 125 total on the NCAA roster. I think only 115 can go to fall camp. Going to be hard to become a walk-on the next couple of years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic