Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
question for Spud or other fishermen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

question for Spud or other fishermen

Apr 8, 2021, 11:10 AM

I will be in greenwood area tomorrow with my kayak . which is a better bet to catch a bass or two : Clarks Hill or Lake Greenwood?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my 2 cents

Apr 8, 2021, 11:25 AM

It has been a long time since I fished either of those lakes as I'm in Georgia near Lanier now. But if I had to make a choice, I'd pick Clarks Hill and bring some blue herring to free line across points while throwing a crank bait to the banks. I don't know what the water level is or the temperature or the clarity. But this time of year the hybrids and stripers will be chasing the herring spawn up into shallow water. And the largemouth will be getting on the bed. So I'd go after the bass on the banks with my crankbait while having my 2nd rod free lining a herring about 50-60 feet behind me.

My personal favorite crankbait for this time of year is the Rapala DT6 in Silver. Never failed to catch fish with that lure. I buy them by the dozen. =) Good luck!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: question for Spud or other fishermen

Apr 8, 2021, 11:29 AM

If you do not mind the Drive, Lake Okeechobee is producing some nice-sized bass so far this year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always helpful

Apr 8, 2021, 11:39 AM

That's a long kayak ride though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Always helpful

Apr 8, 2021, 11:42 AM

Put in at buzzards roost at Greenwood ####. 8 hour later you will be in lake Murray.

Re: Always helpful

Apr 8, 2021, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Always helpful ]

it is actually great for kayak fishing. Just watch out for the gators.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2021, 11:37 AM

Skip both and drive the 30 min to Lake Murray. The bass are hot right now. Spinner baits and worms off points.

Lake doesn't matter when you use the right bait

Apr 8, 2021, 11:45 AM

https://images.app.goo.gl/QtUbeDdeD69xtp967

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Apr 8, 2021, 1:34 PM

If you can get in Greenwood before sun up and work a white trick worm along the banks. You should have some luck with them still on the beds. When the sun comes up the bite really slows

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2021, 8:12 PM

Lake Greenwood for bigger bass -- tandem blades, white spinnerbait around the points & docks will get you bites in the dirty water -- find the muddy water and bang the banks going into creeks -- hold on,cause some of the Greenwood bass,will tug your kayak -- good luck**

I don't fish Greenwood, but you can hit Secession pretty

Apr 8, 2021, 8:47 PM

easily. A brownish green jig around the docks can produce some monsters. Took 27 lbs. a couple of weeks ago to win a tournament there...

Apr 8, 2021, 9:09 PM

With Kayak, ease of fishing and catching, I definitely fish Greenwood. Fish are bedding, trick worm or 6" lizard around docks and wood. Should be easy to catch some 2lb buck bass and run across a 3-5+ female. Won April tournament couple yrs ago with 31+lbs doing the exact same thing. Was pretty good day plus the $4k was a bonus.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic