Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Things to do in Clemson area with 5 year old
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Things to do in Clemson area with 5 year old

Apr 8, 2021, 8:30 PM

I went to school here but I don’t think just taking my daughter to backstreets to pound liquor pitchers and pizza is going to do it. I have no idea what to do with kids in the area but I’m coming up there with my daughter and could use some ideas. Also any recommendations on waterfalls within 45 minutes or so that would be easy and fun for a 5 year old? Other fun stuff around the area? Thanks for any info

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Things to do in Clemson area with 5 year old

Apr 8, 2021, 9:30 PM

Take a 5 year old to a fun park where they will actually have some memorable fun. Anything less is just a waste of your kids time with their parents!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oconee station waterfall

Apr 8, 2021, 10:27 PM

Easy hike for a 5 year old.

Split creek goat farm. It is free

Apr 8, 2021, 10:29 PM

Feed the goats and buy some goat cheese

Apr 8, 2021, 10:43 PM

If you'll be here this weekend--

Spring Break Days at Denver Downs
April 5-10
10am-5pm: The Spring Break Event includes: seeing farm animals and all barnyard activities: New Ga Ga Pit, Ropes Course, Jumping Pillow, Dodgeball, Giant Slide, Zipline, Little Slides, Ballzone, Farmin’ Foosball, Little Farmer Corral, Cow Train, Giant Tri-cycles..and more!

One more

Apr 8, 2021, 10:47 PM

Stumphouse tunnel. bring a flashlight. $5 to park. There is also a waterfall in the park as well

Apr 8, 2021, 11:33 PM

Botanical Garden

Build a wooden troll

Apr 8, 2021, 11:39 PM

Send clemson a bill fir 180000 dollars.

Apr 8, 2021, 11:46 PM

?? to school here doesn’t know anything about the area expert, I’d suggest you stay in Cola and enjoy your massive wife and single wide, nobody gives a yeet!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go to .....

Apr 8, 2021, 11:57 PM

TTT and let him watch you drink beer, buy him a coke, get him all sugared up so you can have somebody sit up with you late at night while you drink some more

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Roller Coaster Road!

Apr 9, 2021, 12:58 AM

It’s University Drive, I think. Right off of airport road, across from the airport. You can see the Clemson planes too. Also, the #### across the road from the baseball field. You can park just past the esso on the right as you head toward Seneca. The hill is fun for kids to run/roll down, and you can see the stadium on one side and the lake on the other. Ice cream at the Hendrix Student Center.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You should write novels

Apr 9, 2021, 7:18 AM

One of the most important components of any good novel is the opening line. Your opening line to this post is excellent. Epic even. I look forward to your future work.

Best Opening Lines of All-Time:

"I went to school here but I don’t think just taking my daughter to backstreets to pound liquor pitchers and pizza is going to do it." -Issaqueena Tiger, Things To Do In Clemson Area With a 5 Year Old (2021)

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair."
—Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities (1859)

"Call me Ishmael." —Herman Melville, Moby-Dick (1851)

"It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen." —George Orwell, 1984 (1949)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have to agree with FM on this. The ice cream has to be part of the package.

Apr 9, 2021, 7:39 AM

Show her the football stadium, baseball and softball, soccer field. Show her some of the academic buildings to make her say wow. I know you said within 45 minutes so maybe not this trip. But Transylvania County, NC (Brevard) has 30 waterfalls in one
County. Some you can see from the road some are a hike.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those Dairy Sciences milkshakes are the only reason I didn't

Apr 9, 2021, 7:59 AM

mind taking Computer Science, since the place we had to take our programs to get them run was right across the breezeway from there. Still, almost 50 years on, the best milkshakes I have ever tasted. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guessing if you had a mouse on your computer

Apr 9, 2021, 8:26 AM

It was a bigger deal. Serious question what did computer science entail then. We’re you

Apr 9, 2021, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Those Dairy Sciences milkshakes are the only reason I didn't ]

It was a bigger deal. Serious question what did computer science entail then. We’re you

Apr 9, 2021, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Those Dairy Sciences milkshakes are the only reason I didn't ]

It was a bigger deal. Serious question what did computer science entail then? Did you use punch cards, tape? Not trying to pick on you I actually think it must be cool and perhaps frightening to see the changes in computers in that span.

Keypunch card decks, and there was no such thing as a

Apr 9, 2021, 11:04 AM

wireless mouse. The corded "trackball" was a bulky thing about the size of a stack of books. To run your program (Fortran IV was the language) you had to take your deck of cards over to the computer center, hand them over to the mainframe operator, and wait awhile to have them run it and hand you the resulting printout. The printout was on large "railed" computer paper, and would be several pages, even for a small program.

I know you, and any young'uns, will laugh at this. The very first assignment I can remember from Computer Science 111 was this:

Program the steps for the computer to count from zero to twenty, in increments of one, printing out each number in a single column.

etc...

That took a card deck of about twenty keypunch cards, if I can remember that far back.

My first run was a dud, because I had programmed the card that said WRITE with the "I" as just a straight vertical line. The keypunch operator took that to mean it was a ONE, and typed WR1TE. Ye olde program crash ensued, just printing out error gibberish. This was a rudimentary exercise, meant to teach you early on that computers will only do EXACTLY what they are told to do (at least back then). An "I" had to have the two lines at the top and bottom to be an "I", not a ONE.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for that reply. I’m younger but still old enough to appreciate

Apr 9, 2021, 11:42 AM

The history lesson. The only computers i used before going to college were a Mac to play Oregon trail on, a Texas instrument for typing class, and a computer with drafting software. When I got to the Air Force Academy I was required to use a computer frequently. Trial by fire and I picked it up pretty well considering but it was a learning curve.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Apr 9, 2021, 10:18 AM

Don't forget to pick up some Clemson ice cream!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic