Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey Dawg lurkers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Hey Dawg lurkers

Mar 31, 2021, 8:02 PM

Some people are saying that a handful of UGA players are getting paid in Bitcoin, and free Amazon accounts. So basically this is impossible to trace. Most criminal enterprises use Bitcoin as well. I was just curious if any of you guys had heard about this. I know that there are probably a lot of people out there that suspect something like this is going on, which makes it seem very likely that this is true.

tia

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear similar whispers down here in Savannah

Mar 31, 2021, 9:00 PM

But the word down here is those payments are being made with Dogecoins.

While some cryptocurrencies appear to legit (Bitcoin, Cardano, Ethereum, Dot) most believe Dogecoin to be what is known as a $hitcoin or a "joke coin" (i.e. a coin or digital currency with little to no value or discernible purpose.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have not heard about this...

Mar 31, 2021, 9:25 PM

but it will be interesting to follow the replies and see if it’s true. Than you for starting this dialogue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I have not heard about this...

Mar 31, 2021, 9:49 PM

I’ve heard this is true! FYI

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have not heard about this...

Mar 31, 2021, 10:08 PM [ in reply to I have not heard about this... ]

Like I said, people are talking about this.

Yes, there are rumors

Mar 31, 2021, 10:45 PM

My source at Dawgpost told me about it in early January after the Cincinnati game.

I do know the NCAA has approached UGA and the semantics about what actually took place was discussed. Now, the lawyers are involved. The hope, from UGAs perspective, is that it can be handled internally, but you never know when dealing with the NCAA.

I’m kinda fed up with college athletics to be honest.

At one time college athletics had an innocence about it, but no more.

Re: Yes, there are rumors

Mar 31, 2021, 11:02 PM

my advice would be to just play dumb when it comes to the NCAA, which should be easy for your Athletic Department to pull off.

That is the problem

Mar 31, 2021, 11:15 PM

For whatever reason (and I say this as a UGA alum) Georgia athletics literally has been cheating going back to the Dooley years through the 70s and they have somehow gotten away with it without major repercussions. Am I proud of it? No. Not at all.

Somebody knows something and that is obvious. But, for 50 plus years to continually do it with ZERO punishment? That is what I find embarrassing

Re: That is the problem

Mar 31, 2021, 11:31 PM

I KNOW NOTHING 'BOUT NO RECRUITING VIOLATIONS!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2021, 12:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From what I understand,

Mar 31, 2021, 11:55 PM [ in reply to That is the problem ]

the NCAA only penalizes programs that gain a competitive advantage on the field when they commit major recruiting infractions. This is probably why you'll have managed to fly under the radar for so long.

Apr 1, 2021, 7:53 AM [ in reply to That is the problem ]

That is a refreshingly honest take on the state of affairs. It’s hard to weed out cheats and criminals when hundreds of millions of dollars are in play at dozens of schools every year.

Re: Playing dumb is really what Smart does best........

Apr 1, 2021, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes, there are rumors ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Everything can be handled internally with the NCAA...

Apr 1, 2021, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Yes, there are rumors ]

All you have to do is write them a large check to turn a blind eye and sweep everything under the rug.

The NCAA is totally for sale and has their hand out like a beggar on the street corner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It’s a well established fact that UGA football is a criminal enterprise.***

Apr 1, 2021, 12:00 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s a well established fact that UGA football is a criminal enterprise.***

Apr 1, 2021, 8:16 AM

yes, I believe they are eligible for Rico statues, which could mean seizure of their stadium and facilities.

Re: Hey Dawg lurkers

Apr 1, 2021, 12:57 AM

Cash is the best not traceable money they use, because bitcoin leaves a trail no matter how they try to make it anonymous.

Cash motivates & Bitcoin is for emergency’s during the season.

They get more money if they threaten to tell or claim racist forsure!

I love these sarcasm posts because they have a hint at possibilities. I love it when Dawgs play along, tells you they’ve been around for a while!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Hey Dawg lurkers

Apr 1, 2021, 7:29 AM

I have found, living in Georgia ... you want to hid a monetary transaction ... pay in chickens, canned peaches, or even fresh home grown tomatoes.

This is a very serious situation

Apr 1, 2021, 8:14 AM

and for folks to treat it in a flippant manner is, frankly, disturbing.

I am NOT saying UGA is going to go the route of SMU. But, I am saying that the NCAA is taking a hard look at Georgia and whispers are that negotiations between the NCAA and UGA lawyers are ongoing and an agreement is trying to be reached.

The whole thing stinks. Any resemblance of innocence is gone with college athletics today.

Re: This is a very serious situation

Apr 1, 2021, 8:17 AM

GT hired Paul Johnson to keep the NCAA off its back when they had their academic scandal, maybe you guys can run triple option for a decade as punishment too.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic