Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QB Position
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

QB Position

Feb 11, 2021, 9:31 AM

Is it just me or is anyone else more excited about DJU and the next two years than both TL and DW? I was pumped about both of them but just have more excitement about the new guy. Anyone?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: QB Position

Feb 11, 2021, 9:46 AM

Each have had me pumped. What a trio to have as your QB's!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2021, 10:20 AM

It’s a great time to be a Tiger! Can’t wait to see the RBs in spring. Gonna be some major competition there. And Lynn J is the man to beat!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2021, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: QB Position ]

Let's not leave Taj Boyd out of that lineage. He was the pone who got it all started.

Feb 11, 2021, 8:25 PM

Yep, DJU even said during an interview this year is thats when he starting noticing Clemson a lot more, when Tajh and SW were here

I couldn't agree more!!

Feb 12, 2021, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Re: QB Position ]

Tobias27772

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2021, 10:58 AM

From my perspective, sitting here in Texas, DJU seems to be flying under the radar. I hear no talk on him which is kind of amazing to me but also fine. All the talk Clemson has received in recent years from outsiders raises Clemson’s profile, which is good for Clemson from a financial perspective. but it also has the potential to distract at the “football team taking care of business” level.
DJU looks like a beast to me. I kinda prefer that the outside world just ignores that reality.
We can sit back and wait for Dabo to “Release the Kraken”. The shock registering on the faces of the vanquished is good for a laugh.

Feb 11, 2021, 11:59 AM

I am very excited about the upcoming years with DJ, I think he will be a beast. But I was happy when we signed all 3. But I gotta say when I saw DW's highlight video when he committed I felt like he was going to take us to a level we had not been since early 80's. I had no idea at the time we would experience what we have the last 6-7 years and hope it continues for a long time. I believe DJ will continue and improve our streak.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2021, 12:03 PM

I remember being pumped about Trevor. Thought we’d win 2-3 national championships with him.

Feb 11, 2021, 12:04 PM

However, I’m pumped about DJU. He really impressed me last season and if we can fix our line and issues on defense, sky is the limit for him. Exciting time to be a tiger!

Feb 11, 2021, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: QB Position ]

Same here, it just goes to show how hard it really is to win a National Championship.

Absolutely not.

Feb 11, 2021, 3:19 PM

I'm equally as excited for DJ as I was for Deshaun and Trevor. I guess one difference is he's already shown us what he can do, so it will be cool to see him after a full off-season with the ones.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2021, 6:58 PM

Gotta be excited about DJ.

But, I'll give you this story of mine. I watched the spring game when Trevor had just enrolled. I think it was his first pass that was a bomb that hit a WR in stride. Pass travelled over 60 yards in air. Texted a friend of mine (also an FSU fan) and said, "I don't know when, but sometime this Fall, the starting QB for Clemson will be Trevor Lawrence."

I had high expectations. He exceeded my expectations.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2021, 7:23 PM

Trevor had more natural talent than any of them in my opinion. What set DW apart as the greatest to have ever played at Clemson in my opinion was ability to put the team on his back. Not saying we best LSU or OSU but with Deshaun it’s a game. He has that swag to him that he would win no matter what. Trevor didn’t have that. Yet to be seen but DJ has the feel to him that he will put the team on his back and make it a game no matter what.

Feb 11, 2021, 9:29 PM

I agree with this as well. I remember feeling extremely confident before games that we were going to win when DW4 was the starter, never really had that feeling when Trevor here. I guess its because of what you said, DW4 had the ability to put the team on his back and go win the game

Feb 11, 2021, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: QB Position ]

IMO Idk how you could say one is better than the other.

Granted, DW4 got the storybook ending I hoped TL16 would go out with, they are both equal in my eyes.

The thing about DW4 was we had way more entertaining and memorable games because they were closer in score vs TL16 who just flat out dominated most opponents...

I mean, TL16 never really got to show how clutch he could be because games were usually over by the 3rd QTR. Only 3 games I can think of where he could have done something but...2 of those games were against teams that weren't losing to anyone that night.

Don't kid yourselves though...those were 2 excellent football players with HoF potential. DJU aka Big Cinco could very well continue to carry that torch based on what we have seen.

I imagine in a few years we'll be having similar conversations :)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2021, 11:47 PM

Agree and no way did I mean to diminish Trevor. He is one of college footballs best but I just never had the same feeling I had with Deshaun at the helm. Even in a loss I had that same feeling about DJ. He will carry the team and bring at least one more natty to Clemson. Still waiting for that elusive 2 natty winning qb!

Feb 11, 2021, 7:16 PM

Yeah, because he has a rocket launcher of an arm, once-in-a-generation type arm strength.

I’m very excited for D.J.

Feb 11, 2021, 7:31 PM

He played an outstanding game against Notre Dame. He didn’t get nearly enough credit for his performance in that game.

I predict that he will have a great career here. Here’s to making sure he wins at least one national championship.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Agree. His performance that game while being...

Feb 11, 2021, 7:36 PM

...run-limited was incredible to me. True freshman, on the road, at Notre Dame. What a future this guy has! Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

DJU will be second Clemson QB as #1 draft pick.***

Feb 11, 2021, 7:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2021, 8:01 PM

I think DJU will do great. We've already seen him play well even as a true freshman in two games. On the other hand, his HS highlights weren't as impressive as Trevor's. DJU looked like the top QB recruit in the country. Trevor's highlight didn't even look real. It looked like what you'd expect seeing Tom Brady playing against Middle Schoolers. Trevor was just that much bigger, faster, and more arm-talented than everybody else.

Feb 11, 2021, 9:44 PM

I always thought of DJU as being a Tebow (college days) type QB. (Compliment) Obviously, less speed and likely elusiveness of the most recent two, but a powerful passer and runner as well.

Trevor Lawrence type arm with Raymond Priester type running ability!

If possible, there was even more hype about DJ than

Feb 11, 2021, 10:17 PM

there was with Trevor coming in. Mostly to do with him being huge and having an absolute rocket for an arm, which has already been shown to be true. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it depends on who the back up is next year

Feb 11, 2021, 10:44 PM

now that DJ is the starter, I have to give them a long look and decide if I think they should start instead.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic