Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big Recruiting Update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Big Recruiting Update

Apr 21, 2021, 2:11 PM

Today 247 updated their class of 22'rankings, so I figured we would take a look at Clemson's top targets and where they stand.
(Number denotes Top 247 not the composite)

4 Commits:
#64 Cade Klubnik: Klubnik rose 35 spots to be a high 4*. Worth noting that at an Elite 11 camp this past weekend on of the top Rivals analysts said that Klubnik was not far behind the #1 overall player Ewers. Said Klubnik has a faster release and is more athletic, while Ewers has a bigger arm.
#112 Adam Randall WR
Neither of the 2 OL commits where in their update, but I think 247 has them too low. They are each at least top 150 players.

Targets:
#4 Gabe Dindy DT: Dindy is an Oklahoma legacy and they were the perceived leader for quite some time, but Clemson and TA&M seem to have that gap closing rapidly. Dindy's father is a pastor, and the faith based family culture of Clemson seems to really appeal to him. He has already been to tour A&M and he plans to take a visit to OU in September. Dindy has stated that he wants to also play DE once he goes to college as well. OU should still be considered the favorite,but visits could make any of those 3 teams viable options.
#5 Shemar Stewart DE: LSU has long been the favorite, but Georgia is coming on strong now. Those two make up the top group with Bama and Clemson in the next group.
#6 Enai White DE: He is coming to Clemson on an unofficial visit this Summer. I do not expect Clemson to land him unless something drastic changes on the visit.
#7 Keon Sabb S: Clemson has been a good position for a long time with Sabb, and he is planning on taking a visit sometime this Summer. Watch Penn State, UGA, and LSU as top competition. I think Clemson may hold a lead here.
#9 Jeremiah Alexander DE: Alexander is from the state of Alabama, and they are considered the favorites. However, Clemson and Georgia are hanging around, and he could go to any of those three. I actually really like where Clemson is, I would just have to see Alexander leave the state to believe it.
#13 Xavier Nwankpa S: He has always spoken very highly about Clemson along with Notre Dame, OSU, and A&M. I except him to be a Buckeye.
#22 Daylen Everette CB: Cornerback visited Clemson for the Spring Game. After the game he made a trip to see Chapel Hill, worth noting that UNC's CB coach is one heck of a recruiter. I said earlier this week that this was UNC, Clemson, and UGA. I think Clemson is in a good spot but this no where near a done deal, he loved the trip to UNC.
#26 Cyrus Moss DE: Clemson is in a really nice spot right now with Moss. He has no plans to make a commitment early, so this one will last a while. Clemson is in his top 3 along with Oregon and ASU. Good chance they can snag him to me.
#33 Travis Shaw DT: If there is one player that I have been asked the most questions on it is for sure Shaw. I think a lot people believed that Shaw was a "lock" and were concerned that Jalon Walker's commitment to UGA could change Shaw's mind. The truth is that Shaw was never a Clemson "lock", and his recruitment was always going to be tough just because of how good he is. The other fact is that while Walker and Shaw talk, they have never really met eachother and there was no guarantee that they were going to be a package deal. Walker will no doubt try to influence Shaw, but Clemson has some help in that camp as well, he speaks with both Payton Page and DJ Reader who are from the Greensboro Area, plus other people close to him. Clemson likes where they are but his recruitment is not close to being over, and right now it seems Clemson, UGA, and UNC will battle it out for him.
#40 Jeadyn Lukus CB. Lukus is out of Mauldin and Clemson has done a great job recruiting him and are in a great spot. But again UNC is pushing, remember what I said about their CB coach, OSU is there too. However, I still think Clemson can hold those teams off.
#52 Zion Branch S: Not a lot of news about Branch recently, I like USC and OSU right now Clemson in the next group, not sure about his visit plans I will check and see.
#55 Jacoby Matthews S: just released a top 6, adjusted so that Clemson could be in it. Clemson only offered a few weeks ago but he has been high on us for a while, saying this days before offered to Letterman Row, "I’m really after Ohio State and maybe Clemson,” Mathews told Lettermen Row in New Orleans last weekend. “If can get those offers, I’ll probably close my recruitment. I wouldn’t say I’ll just go to either one of them, I don’t know that yet. But after those two offers out there, my recruitment could close down". OSU will most likely not offer, and my most trusted LSU insider is saying Clemson, LSU, and Texas, Matthews is from Louisiana. However, the only official he has planned is to Florida, so those they could also be a threat.
#71 Toriano Pride CB: Was able to make it to Clemson's Spring Game.I believe he also plans on coming to the Elite Retreat, which would be the weekend after he visits OSU for an official. This is a Clemson vs. OSU battle, that I think Clemson leads at the moment, but it will be decided by visits.
#80 Oscar Delp TE: Delp just set up a visit to Clemson in the first week of June. Also plans to see Georgia, Florida, and U of SC. Has a lot of UGA connections, but we will see if visits can change his mind.
#86 Jaleel Skinner TE: Is from the state and really likes Clemson. Florida is selling him on the Kyle Pitts role and are now a serious threat to Clemson. I was told that FSU is also pushing really hard here. I think ultimately if Clemson wants Skinner they will be able to get him, I think that Delp is higher on the TE board.
#92 Jihaad Campbell DE: Went from being unranked to a top 100 player. Clemson was in on him early and that helps. He also likes Florid, Oklahoma, UGA, and A&M.
#99 Hero Kanu DT: If you read my post earlier this week I said he would go from being unranked to a top 100 player. Kanu is from Germany and just started playing football this Spring. OSU, LSU, and Georgia have all offered and his recruitment is just getting started.

I may do the guys out of the top 100 later this week along with some MAJOR news on a 5* quarterback for next class.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank you***

Apr 21, 2021, 2:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The major news is 5 star QB Malachi Nelson from 2023

Apr 21, 2021, 2:18 PM

Is visiting early week of June

Re: The major news is 5 star QB Malachi Nelson from 2023

Apr 21, 2021, 8:31 PM

Maybe :), but that is only part of the story.

Thx****

Apr 21, 2021, 2:41 PM

Deer Clemson Paw -- a few questions:

Apr 21, 2021, 2:52 PM

(1) Who are you?

(2) Can you elaborate on how you obtain or have access to this in-depth recruiting information?

(3) Are you a Clemson alumna/alumnus?

(4) Are you "Tiger Woods"? The Clemson fan not the golfer.

(5) A/S/L?

(6) Can you confirm that you're not "Tiger Woods"? The Clemson fan not the golfer.

Please to your attention.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Why can’t you just be happy for the coaches and team?***

Apr 21, 2021, 3:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Can he be

Apr 21, 2021, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Deer Clemson Paw -- a few questions: ]

TigerBry83?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Possibly, but

Apr 21, 2021, 3:44 PM

TigerBry83 has been logging in frequently although not posting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deer Clemson Paw -- a few questions:

Apr 21, 2021, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Deer Clemson Paw -- a few questions: ]

Deer Bob-- an answer:

I am only at liberty to tell you that I am not Tiger Woods the golfer.

Re: Deer Clemson Paw -- a few questions:

Apr 21, 2021, 9:19 PM

I think this is enough to prosecute. cutigerbob®?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll be in contact with the DA today...

Apr 22, 2021, 8:51 AM

I feel sure he will want to move forward with charges.

And by "DA" I mean "District Attorney" not "Dumb Ass". If I meant the latter I would be referring to GWPCoot®

Re: I'll be in contact with the DA today...

Apr 22, 2021, 9:06 AM

Deer Bob, who will be the judge presiding over said trial?

Might I ask no involvement from GWP, I appear to have upset her.

Well there is ONE Judge on this board...

Apr 22, 2021, 12:54 PM

but not convinced he has the requisite knowledge of football to preside.

Hopefully GWPCoot® has been banned (finally).

Re: I'll be in contact with the DA today...

Apr 22, 2021, 11:09 AM [ in reply to I'll be in contact with the DA today... ]

Motion to convict!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big Recruiting Update

Apr 21, 2021, 4:14 PM

Thanks for your updates! Please keep them coming!!!

Apr 21, 2021, 4:38 PM

Thanks Paw. I'll take a quick release and good reads over velocity any day.

- I really like what I see on Billy Wiles. Thoughts? If you have time. To me, the talents there, can he learn our system in time.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2021, 8:45 PM

Yeah Wiles is a solid player. Not going to blow you away with arm talent. I think that he can be a solid functional guy that can play within the system. However, I would not be comfortable with him having to step up and play next year. We will what happens with Bubba Chandler, but he really is an exciting prospect at QB.

Apr 21, 2021, 4:59 PM

Thanks for all of your recruiting news. News re recruiting is one of my favorite topics.

Haven't visited Rivals Crystal Ball for several days. Went there just before logging on here and saw that Tom Loy, Notre Dame Insider, on 4/19 gave Wesolak a Crystal Ball for Clemson. Apparently, he is not in the top 100. Is he a take or is he in the "fall back" range? At 6'-6" and 230#, he should be able to bulk up to the 250 - 260 pound range

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2021, 6:17 PM

Thanks Joe, that is actually a long story. ND was the leader for Wesolak for months, and Loy had a CB for them for months, but ND recently just took another DE. With that take they may not have space in their class for Wesolak. Wiltfong, the director of recruiting for 247, recently interviewed Wesolak and Wiltfong felt that ASU had a slight lead and that his second choice would be Clemson, which is why Wiltfong's CB to ASU only has a confidence of 3. With Wiltfong being the last guy to interview him, I would say trust what he says.

Now whether he is a take is a different question. He has a high upside, but I think Clemson has guys like Moss, Alexander, Kenyatta Jackson, Campbell, and Stewart a little higher on the board. The issue is Moss and Stewart are going to make their decisions late, so they would have to decide if they wanted to take Wesolak and hope you land one of the others or say no and hope you land one of the others.

The good news is that Clemson is at least top 3 or 4 for most of those guys. Hope that helps.

Apr 22, 2021, 9:10 AM

Recruiting is collapsing.

Apr 22, 2021, 11:06 AM

I do not know if I would go that far at all. Clemson is in contention for all the players that I mentioned. I think the class of 23" will be the best judge of how the program is recruiting.

Apr 22, 2021, 1:30 PM

I was being sarcastic.

Apr 22, 2021, 1:43 PM

LOL my bad totally missed that.

Apr 22, 2021, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Big Recruiting Update ]

I dont think its collapsing but I certainly think its beginning to slide a little bit...The pandemic and these ridiculous recruiting restrictions are kicking our @ss...They need to get lifted so we can start getting these kids back on campus on our dime.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Apr 22, 2021, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Big Recruiting Update ]

slower or faster than the universe?if the former,then nothing to worry about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 22, 2021, 11:58 AM

Take it for what it's worth but I was talking with a HS coach from Greensboro this weekend (Albeit a basketball coach) But he said Shaw is a lock to Clemson. I guess I will find out just how much in the know he is eventually....

Apr 22, 2021, 12:04 PM

I hope the h3ll so! Bates needs to lock this one down man...If he cant beat out that clown Tray Scott for him then he needs to be coaching at SC State lol. UGA's inability to develop DL have to weigh big on him...Scott is awful at development..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Apr 22, 2021, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Big Recruiting Update ]

That is defiantly good news. Clemson has help from people in that recruitment.

Thans MIckey!

Apr 22, 2021, 12:22 PM

Stick to this, maybe find a job in it if not already. Stop doing radio, though, your show is extremely boring.

Re: Thans MIckey!

Apr 22, 2021, 2:02 PM

I told you Paw. The stone throwers have come out of the woodwork. Ignore those handful and keep on keeping on.

Apr 22, 2021, 3:04 PM

Thanks again for the update CP !

Wanted to ask, what is your honest opinion on the current class and where we will end up? I know lots are pointing out that we aren’t where we have been with previous classes. I assume lots of this has to do with on campus appeal and covid protocol shutting that down.
Thanks again!

Apr 22, 2021, 3:30 PM

Clemson is in a nice spot with a lot of recruits right now, and hopefully visits only helps that. This is not going to be bulk class and there might not be as many 5* as usual, but the average player ranking should be about the same as the last 2 classes.

Just to let you know now Clemson is in a great spot with a lot of blue chip recruits next year, and that should be a much bigger class.

Apr 23, 2021, 9:05 PM

Well we can close the book on Jacoby Matthews S. He committed to LSU, not long after getting our offer. Said he wanted closing offers from us and OSU, but looking like just to have those prestigious offers. Maybe that's why OSU didn't offer as you mentioned. Just looks like he had LSU planned all along.

Apr 23, 2021, 9:13 PM

So we got nothing!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2021, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Big Recruiting Update ]

Yeah this came out of nowhere today. LSU just hired a former Mississippi State Recruiting coordinator Mason Smith. Within 24 hrs. he was committed. Hard to get kids to leave that state.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic