Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson cornerback no longer with the team, expected to enter transfer portal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 75
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson cornerback no longer with the team, expected to enter transfer portal

Feb 28, 2021, 9:05 AM

Clemson cornerback no longer with the team, expected to enter transfer portal

Breaking: Clemson cornerback Derion Kendrick is no longer with the team and is expected to enter the transfer portal, TigerNet confirmed Sunday morning. Kendrick, a senio Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time for Booth to be an every down corner

Feb 28, 2021, 9:10 AM

Don’t understand DK’s thought process or the dynamics on the inside. But my opinion is he is a very immature young man and has never been 100% All In.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Time for Booth to be an every down corner

Feb 28, 2021, 12:21 PM

I think he’s in trouble with Dabo again and this straw broke the camels back. No reason to come back and be working out with them team just to transfer after practice has started. I hope whatever his issues are he works them out and gets better as a person.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2021, 1:03 PM

Headed down the road ‘out of control’ to join the National Felons League!
Martavis Bryant is his role model, the talent to be great, but is his own worst enemy.
I wish them well and success in life, but it will be a constant struggle.....
You know Dabo tried hard with this kid.....

Mar 1, 2021, 4:46 AM

There are less felons per capita in the NFL than there are in the general public. They have worked hard to get there and stay there. Pretty ignorant comment on your part.

Mar 1, 2021, 7:21 AM

Get off your high horse - whatever you are assuming he meant by his comment is your problem not his.

Mar 1, 2021, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Time for Booth to be an every down corner ]

I don't have a clue about the goings-on with this young man, but I will guess that it has to do with him running his mouth to coaches, or other teammates creating un-rest with coaches/teammates. For it to end with Kendrick transferring, it could have been a reoccurring problem with him, and Dabo has had enough of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo and players

Feb 28, 2021, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Time for Booth to be an every down corner ]

That had to be a very difficult decision for Dabo. I wish DK the best. I also pray that he seeks help for whatever demons he is fighting.

Re: Dabo and players

Feb 28, 2021, 4:32 PM

DK must have forced his hand to get booted.

CB’s are expected to be a bit more diva’ish than average and we’re thin in the secondary. I would love to know the inside details of what he was doing last season and what just happened.

Feb 28, 2021, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Time for Booth to be an every down corner ]

So you admitted to not understanding anything about it and then made that finishing comment about maturity ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 28, 2021, 4:54 PM

It was a sure fail post TD. No doubt....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His skills as a player are high reward with high risk.

Feb 28, 2021, 9:11 AM

Wish him the best wherever he lands.

Tough loss.

GO TIGERS

Re: His skills as a player are high reward with high risk.

Feb 28, 2021, 4:46 PM

Not me. He seems to be target market for Miami and FSU, neither of which I want to be successful. Hope he gets his head on straight for his kid(s) though.

Re: TNET: Clemson cornerback no longer with the team, expected to enter transfer portal

Feb 28, 2021, 9:11 AM

Sorry to see you go. Hopefully you can get your act together. Tired of reading about whether or not you are going to play. If I am exhausted by this imagine how the coaches feel.

Re: TNET: Clemson cornerback no longer with the team, expected to enter transfer portal

Mar 1, 2021, 8:08 AM

Agree, Dabo isn't going to allow the same guys to create a permanent residence in his love shack lol!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2021, 9:22 AM

WHY IN THE WORLD DOES HE INTEND TO TRANSFER?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2021, 9:25 AM

Not voluntary...

Kendrick is no longer with the team and is expected to enter

Feb 28, 2021, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson cornerback no longer with the team, expected to enter transfer portal ]

Tells you he was put off the team for some reason and will enter the Portal not of his choice.

Feb 28, 2021, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson cornerback no longer with the team, expected to enter transfer portal ]

Agree. Too late to declare for the draft, but could declare for supplemental draft ala Bernie Kosar.

Feb 28, 2021, 9:24 AM

I remember how excited we were to get dk and hope he will learn the importance of using his God given talents to better his life.

This one sucks.

Feb 28, 2021, 9:27 AM

DK has all the talent in the world to be a great WR or CB. Maybe a change is just what he needed. I wish him all the best and I hope he has a good year and can impress the NFL scouts and gets his opportunity.

Re: This one sucks.

Feb 28, 2021, 12:04 PM

Thanks for responding this way. Some of our fans make me sick sometimes

Re: This one sucks.

Mar 1, 2021, 8:27 AM [ in reply to This one sucks. ]

Just with what DK has done at Clemson to this point, he has probably already impressed a scout or two for the NFL!!!

Our depth has really taken a hit.

Feb 28, 2021, 9:30 AM

I missed that LeAnthony Williams transferred out.

Wow, this Georgia game just got a lot lot tougher!

Re: Our depth has really taken a hit.

Feb 28, 2021, 9:35 AM

Booth, Jones, Davis, and Greene are all future NFL players and Goodrich is serviceable.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Feb 28, 2021, 9:39 AM

He can't cover.

Feb 28, 2021, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Our depth has really taken a hit. ]

Sheridan Jones is awful. I dunno what you see.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Feb 28, 2021, 11:02 AM

I think Jones will he good. Kid has flashed some good potential and looked great at times. Spring game two years ago he had two picks against our QBs and looked like the future was super bright. Just needs more reps and starts. Well, his opportunity is now, go show us young man!

Feb 28, 2021, 4:39 PM

You know you're a stud when you're referencing a Spring game from 2019

What?

Feb 28, 2021, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Our depth has really taken a hit. ]

Cornerback is arguably the deepest position on the team.

LeAnthoney Williams was never a starter, and has never been more than a 2cnd or 3rd stringer the last 4 seasons.

Sleep easy. Our game with Georgia isn't going to effected even a little bit.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What?

Feb 28, 2021, 3:44 PM

I never said he was a starter but he did play in 29 games. He played in 11 games last year. So to write him off is frustrating. He contributed to this team and with DK leaving he would have been counted on this year to help contribute even more.
(I know he played snaps on special teams)

I’m not losing sleep but I can tell you after the way we played against Ohio St and LSU that Coach V Has Georgia on his mind every waking second.

Feb 28, 2021, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Our depth has really taken a hit. ]

I missed that LeAnthony Williams transferred out.

Wow, this Georgia game just got a lot lot tougher!

It was already going to be tough. Uga will pick on our safeties all day long until they prove they can cover and tackle.

Feb 28, 2021, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Our depth has really taken a hit. ]

Unfortunately, I think this loss is too big to keep us in the top 4 this year. We just lost a first round lockdown corner in a secondary that already is a concern. Absolutely a killer.

Maybe Davis or someone is a revelation at CB and it works out, but if I’m being honest, #5 feels about right for us in the preseason rankings.

At this point, Dabo either has to accept that the transfer portal is not going away and we will not survive as a top program unless we maximize the available talent. I’m old too and prefer this turnover would stop, but it’s basically adapt or die.

As for Kendrick, I’d love to hear the full story. If it was really him with the gun and he has a kid, then this is just a sad story. 5 star player, and maybe he’ll still make it to the league, get a couple paychecks then be done. Headcase CB’s are a dime a dozen and he’s not that exceptional, in fact this was going to be the year he proved not to be a 5 star bust. It’s looking like he’ll blow a rare opportunity to financially set up his family for generations.

Clemson has to be one of the safest colleges in the country, it blows my mind why anyone would ever feel they need to carry a gun.

Feb 28, 2021, 3:56 PM

CS73 said:

Unfortunately, I think this loss is too big to keep us in the top 4 this year. We just lost a first round lockdown corner in a secondary that already is a concern. Absolutely a killer.

Maybe Davis or someone is a revelation at CB and it works out, but if I’m being honest, #5 feels about right for us in the preseason rankings.

At this point, Dabo either has to accept that the transfer portal is not going away and we will not survive as a top program unless we maximize the available talent. I’m old too and prefer this turnover would stop, but it’s basically adapt or die.

As for Kendrick, I’d love to hear the full story. If it was really him with the gun and he has a kid, then this is just a sad story. 5 star player, and maybe he’ll still make it to the league, get a couple paychecks then be done. Headcase CB’s are a dime a dozen and he’s not that exceptional, in fact this was going to be the year he proved not to be a 5 star bust. It’s looking like he’ll blow a rare opportunity to financially set up his family for generations.

Clemson has to be one of the safest colleges in the country, it blows my mind why anyone would ever feel they need to carry a gun.

Would depend on the context regarding the firearm.

Did he start waiving it around with an attitude or firing shots?
Was he under the impression someone was trying to break into his house? Self defense?

Fwiw, carrying a firearm is totally understandable. I'm sure many on the board have no problem with a person that has a CWP or gun in their home in case the worst happens.

I love Clemson and want to believe it's a safe area but school shootings are a thing so can't blame anyone for carrying but, as CWP classes point out, it's your responsibility to know the rules where you are so you have to accept the consequences of carrying too.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2021, 4:41 PM

I agree. The context of the possession is important. I still don’t think there is a need for our players to be carrying guns around in Clemson, but understand that reasonable opinions disagree on the issue and where to draw the line in the law.

Feb 28, 2021, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Our depth has really taken a hit. ]

we will be fine. DK had untapped talent. Booth, Greene, Davis, Goodrich will more than fill the position

Feb 28, 2021, 9:36 AM

When the stuff went down at Lightsey Bridge last week, I made a mental note to wait for some news from the program. This was the first thing that I’ve heard about a player’s status since then. Might be completely unrelated, but it sure is curious.

What happened????

Feb 28, 2021, 9:42 AM

I must have missed something

Re: What happened????

Feb 28, 2021, 10:31 AM

Read here that DK had a child and another born this fall. He has a lot on his plate.

Aren't IUDs free with insurance?***

Feb 28, 2021, 11:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Aren't IUDs free with insurance?***

Feb 28, 2021, 12:26 PM

The same could be said for your mother but you got lucky didn't you?

What kind of post is this? You are throwing shade at a player because life happened? ??

Grow up.

Re: Aren't IUDs free with insurance?***

Feb 28, 2021, 5:00 PM

No. Its called being responsible. Hes got a self serving attitude. Hes obviously made numerous poor decisions

I’m sure a college student planned having a kid

Feb 28, 2021, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Aren't IUDs free with insurance?*** ]

while enrolled in college. College kids having kids.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What happened????

Feb 28, 2021, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: What happened???? ]

Guess you could call that way too much time in the love shack...

Feb 28, 2021, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson cornerback no longer with the team, expected to enter transfer portal ]

Its doubtful upperclassmen are living on campus.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Feb 28, 2021, 5:50 PM

Man that sure is a funny looking picture.Looks like someone I know.

Feb 28, 2021, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson cornerback no longer with the team, expected to enter transfer portal ]

Lightsey Bridge? Tell us more please.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2021, 10:36 AM

A week ago Friday there was a brief shelter in place order on campus. Police responded to Lightsey Bridge. Students reported various things and atleast one football player was mentioned as being involved. A photo was taken of an athlete being interviewed by police. The incident ended quickly and nothing was reported publicly as far as I know other than the lockdown order. That’s what I Iearned from my daughter that day based on text messages being exchanged between students. The things mentioned by the students (which would likely be only speculative) would be of the nature that would force Dabo to dismiss a player. In idea if DK being dismissed is in any way connected, but certainly interesting.

Feb 28, 2021, 12:03 PM

unrelated

Feb 28, 2021, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson cornerback no longer with the team, expected to enter transfer portal ]

different CB

So is another one going to go down?***

Feb 28, 2021, 11:11 AM

Dont think so

Feb 28, 2021, 3:32 PM

someone returning to dorm from playing air soft wars off campus and taking the air soft gun to dorm and police were called thinking it was real is what i understand happened, and wasnt DK

Re: unrelated

Feb 28, 2021, 11:25 AM [ in reply to unrelated ]

well either was disppointing. no need to mimic UGa in the offseason

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2021, 9:38 AM

Kendrick always had great ability but never realized his potential due to being a knucklehead. I can’t agree with anyone who is worried about him leaving the team. Potential aside, the results were mostly getting burned on deep balls and avoiding tackling if a teammate was nearby to do the work. Good luck to him in life, but good riddance. His constant antics could not be helpful to team unity.

Feb 28, 2021, 7:48 PM

I agree. We're better off without him, the way he played (and didn't play) last year.

Feb 28, 2021, 10:11 AM

Derion, thank you for choosing Clemson! We will miss you & we’ll Be pulling for you to win in life & football.

Praying God is always 1st place in your life & he’ll use you mightily!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Feb 28, 2021, 11:15 AM

$100 says he ends up with the coots.....

Feb 28, 2021, 8:17 PM

I wouldn’t if I was him. Sure didn’t help out Belk or Feaster.
I wonder if he follows Jones to LSU.

What the hell is going on? We are hemorrhaging players.***

Feb 28, 2021, 11:17 AM

Shout out to the person yesterday who had sources...

Feb 28, 2021, 11:26 AM

But got flamed.

He was talented, but I prefer to think that this will have a

Feb 28, 2021, 11:28 AM

positive impact on the team overall. It reinforces the fact that Dabo doesn't play around with repeat offenders "polluting" the culture he has built. It also will mean more stability with the other DB's. Someone being in, then out, then in, the starting lineup has got to hurt continuity in that group. Now, they can move on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2021, 12:00 PM

I could be wrong, but it seems as though we played about as much without DK as we did with him. Regardless, I wish him well and hope this is a wake-up call to get his life in order.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 28, 2021, 12:04 PM

Kendrick was NEVER a Clemson Man, he was lacking class, character and self discipline. Great athlete, apparently cacheable, but could not put the team above his childish behavior. He will be a good fit at South Carolina, unless Beamer has the ability to change the discipline attitude there. Don't know about the situation with his kid(s), but there again he shows a lack of control in his life and the consequences of poor decisions. Also by getting himself in the "Love Shack" so often, it proves that rehab works very little on him. I would expect, to use a Lou Holtz quote, "he will either be filling up NFL Stadiums or sweeping them out!" In this kids case, I'd have to bet on the latter.

Feb 28, 2021, 12:33 PM

BBBII® said:

Kendrick was NEVER a Clemson Man, he was lacking class, character and self discipline. Great athlete, apparently cacheable, but could not put the team above his childish behavior. He will be a good fit at South Carolina, unless Beamer has the ability to change the discipline attitude there. Don't know about the situation with his kid(s), but there again he shows a lack of control in his life and the consequences of poor decisions. Also by getting himself in the "Love Shack" so often, it proves that rehab works very little on him. I would expect, to use a Lou Holtz quote, "he will either be filling up NFL Stadiums or sweeping them out!" In this kids case, I'd have to bet on the latter.

Not every athlete that walks through Clemson is a DW4, TL16, CJ28, TB10, HR13, CW42, etc.

Personally I hope this serves as a wake up call for DK to better his life instead of being his own worst enemy.

Judging someone who's juggling plenty with school, home life, and football pressure is something most of us shouldn't be commenting on.

Feb 28, 2021, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson cornerback no longer with the team, expected to enter transfer portal ]

He must have been a Clemson man considering he was allowed on the team for 3 years.

And I’m pretty sure having 2 kids doesn’t mean you have an excuse for being a low IQ/morale person.

He’ll end up at S.Carolina or Auburn and be a player you never hear from again after graduation.

Feb 28, 2021, 12:42 PM

I have no idea where he will wind up. He's a high risk - high reward guy. Do you take a chance that he won't come in and destroy the locker room? Do you look at his potential and say, "If I can get through to him, he can really help us"?

Here is the difference in the state of two programs - Clemson and FSU. If he was entering the portal from another school (Georgia, Bama, Tennessee, whoever) Dabo would say, "No way. He ain't worth the risk." On the other hand, Norvell would be far more likely to be in the position of thinking, "Is he worth the risk?"

That's how far behind FSU is from Clemson.

Feb 28, 2021, 2:47 PM

My sources within the athletic department tell me that when Gov. McMaster lifted the Covid ban disallowing evictions, it freed Dabo up to finally empty the 'Love Shack'!

Addition by subtraction - Complete distraction to program

Feb 28, 2021, 4:57 PM

I understand trying to help a kid out when he's struggling with issues, but DK has had at least a dozen chances to 'hear the message' and he's chosen to ignore those trying to help. He is a great athlete that insists there is an "I" in team...he appears to be uncoachable and has probably averaged out as "EVEN" on a plus/minus scale of his play on the field. Time for the next man up... Go TIGERS!

Feb 28, 2021, 6:51 PM

Very talented, but could not get with the program. Dabo was very patient. But you could see something was not quite right. Next man up! So long DK.

Feb 28, 2021, 6:57 PM

This hurts. He was one of the most gifted players on the team, and we just lost him. Dabo has been amazing and has taken our program much further than I would have imagined. However some things need to be said. If you want to be an elite team you need elite talent. Not all of these guys will have the “character” that all of you want. They won’t just abide by every rule and fall in line. This isn’t the military. Dabo has to adjust and learn to deal with these types of things, it’s literally his job

Mar 1, 2021, 7:06 AM

Coaches need to adjust to rule breakers? This is sarcasm right? If not , have you ever played any sport on any team ?

Feb 28, 2021, 8:55 PM

I said a few weeks ago that we should bench DK because defense is about assignment football and discipline and chemistry. With DK out so much because of his attitude problems it was hard for the defense especially the secondary to have any continuity. It doesn’t matter how talented he is if he’s in and out of the lineup and screwing up continuity!

Feb 28, 2021, 10:12 PM

Obviously a lot we don't know here but I wish him good luck. Don't understand the transfer though- he can still go to the NFL since he is not "early" right? Maybe not, I don't know - maybe y'all do.
As other's have said he obviously wasn't "all in."

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2021, 10:21 PM

DK seemed lost last season. TV showed every lack luster effort. Never seemed to close on the ball. Waited, hesitated, and garnered several throws of my hat at the screen. The worst performance was the ACC Championship, yet there he was with the belt on with time still on the clock. He didn't deserve to put that on. TV made him appear to be cocky, with a mouth, yet no skill to back it up. Shut the mouth, make the play, and move on with the next rep.

wish him the best, but he wasn't dependable

Mar 1, 2021, 6:56 AM

never knew if he was going to play or not because of something. His loss. I don't think we have had a transfer make the NFL. Certainly doesn't help his draft potential

No matter your talent, if you are not all in, your all out.

Mar 1, 2021, 8:17 AM

DK deserved the recognition he got for making a change to D-back. He plugged a hole when we needed him, and played well. He made the right call to come back for another year. Sometimes a change of scenery is a good thing.

This young man has a family and we wish him well. This is a good thing for both DK and Clemson.

We have seen the last two seasons that the Tigers biggest weakness on defense is lack of elite talent on the back end. They need more size, speed and awareness in the secondary, and cutting edge coaching at that position to challenge for a national title. Clearly they aren’t where they were in 2018, and it shows in the number of busted coverages, big plays given up and in the current lack of NFL draft choices.

BUT - no one knows this better than Venables. At the end of the day, character counts at Clemson. You can’t get by on raw talent and unrealized potential.

Replies: 75
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic