Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are the COVID protocols for football and hoops different?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,377

Are the COVID protocols for football and hoops different?

Feb 16, 2021, 8:44 AM

TL acquires COVID during the season and misses two games. Practice is not interrupted and no other players or coaches miss a game.

Conversely, in hoops, one or two team members (players, coaches, trainers, etc.) test positive and the entire operation is completely shut down for two weeks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Are the COVID protocols for football and hoops different?

Feb 16, 2021, 8:52 AM

I'd guess much smaller team, tighter nucleus (everyone in contact) for contact tracing. More than one game a week. If we miss two weeks to quarantine in hoops that could be 4-5 games.

What do I know? I only wear one mask when they make me on the way from the door to my table.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

Feb 16, 2021, 8:54 AM

I was wondering same thing. I guess the inability to social distance during practice plus being inside a building has some impact. Not sure how football deals with lineman hammering into each other however. I also suppose a limited roster is part of it. I think BC had spread such that they lost a good portion of their scholarship players.

Also, recall that the Big10 was shutting down all football activities in response to outbreaks once a certain thresholds were reached.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2021, 9:03 AM

Yes basketball is stricter with smaller numbers and playing inside. Also a lot has to do with the contact tracing. Because it’s not two different entrees like offensive and defensive teams in football with constant guarding including in practice you really have to shut things down when there is more than one positive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,377
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic