Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We'll make the tournament next year, however
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,374

We'll make the tournament next year, however

Mar 20, 2021, 1:17 AM

if two of our three incoming recruits aren't better than advertised and CBB doesn't bring in a top 20 2022 class then it's all downhill from there IMHO. I really hope this season has made and next season makes a positive impression on HS recruits.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will see. Thays what was said after the sweet 16 tun***

Mar 20, 2021, 1:19 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We will see. Thays what was said after the sweet 16 tun***

Mar 20, 2021, 1:20 AM

Because we should expect sweet 16 every year?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you remember what people were saying about the year following the sweet 16?

Mar 20, 2021, 1:24 AM

We were supposed to be even better. I remember hosts on WCCP even starting to whisper about darkhorse final four team. It was meant to be a jumping off point.

Instead we reverted back to an NIT season where we crashed at out home to Wichita state.

Re: Do you remember what people were saying about the year following the sweet 16?

Mar 20, 2021, 9:46 AM

T_I_P said:

We were supposed to be even better. I remember hosts on WCCP even starting to whisper about darkhorse final four team. It was meant to be a jumping off point.

Instead we reverted back to an NIT season where we crashed at out home to Wichita state.

Honestly, it was a tournament team by all means and that team deserved to have expectations for what was coming back.

However, 2 starters were barely hanging on by the end (Reed and Mitchell) playing through injuries so I give that season a mulligan

We didnt really have the depth to just lock and reload after the Sweet 16 run. A healthy team IMO makes it to the dance again that year.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We will see. Thays what was said after the sweet 16 tun***

Mar 20, 2021, 7:20 AM [ in reply to We will see. Thays what was said after the sweet 16 tun*** ]

True and wasn't that the year that 4 instate kids that got Div 1 scholly's turned us down?. I was really disappointed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we’ll definitely get an Invitation to a National Tournament...

Mar 20, 2021, 7:08 AM

If ya know what I mean.

And go one and done AGAIN!***

Mar 20, 2021, 7:19 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We'll make the tournament next year, however

Mar 20, 2021, 8:55 AM

Nope, will probably finish night in the conference and miss the postseason, that’s Brownell’s pattern it never changes, Just like the offense and the pathetic shooting

Mar 20, 2021, 9:26 AM

Hall and/or Kidd will have to take a major step forward in order for us to have a chance next year. Not saying it won’t happen, but last night didn’t give much reason for optimism for sure!

Mar 20, 2021, 9:30 AM

Won’t make the tournament for 2 or 3 years then one and done. Then 2 or 3 years. One and done. Clemson basketball. Oh and lose in the first round of ACC tourney every one of those years.

That seems highly unlikely. We lose our best player by far

Mar 20, 2021, 9:53 AM

and there is no leadership behind him. Last night Simms, Baehre and Trapp had 55% of our points and 65% of our rebounds.

This is the pinnacle of Clemson Basketball for at least a couple of years. This was another year Brownell and Drad were hoping to prove themselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2021, 2:48 PM

Sure we will.....I think there's a better chance that we let another team break their 38 year winless streak in the tourney than a win by the Tigers.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,374
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic