Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I the worst person on this forum?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Am I the worst person on this forum?

Apr 25, 2019, 9:24 PM

I was born and raised in South Carolina but much prefer Texas BBQ. What can ya do?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please delete your account.***

Apr 16, 2021, 12:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I’ll give you a pass...

Apr 16, 2021, 12:55 PM

I like mustard based bbq...but it’s not close to eastern NC or even TX/OK brisket. Had some chopped brisket in Muskogee OK once that might be worth a plane ride just to get again.

IF you are ever near I-77 & Farrow Rd right outside of

Apr 16, 2021, 7:32 PM

Blythewood, Big Boys Smokehouse has a brisket that I know personally that people drive down from Charlotte to enjoy a plate occasionally. I don't eat pork so can't give any info on that other than that is one place that is a barbeque restaurant where the smell of cooked pork does not offend me...
The brisket is wonderful and the turkey wings are consistently great!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, there are others out there like you

Apr 16, 2021, 1:19 PM

and I am one. SC born and bred, I like all barbecue. When I started smoking stuff (meats not doobage) it became clear to me that a smokin poke butt took absolutely no skill. But brisket, now, is artisans’ work. Good brisket is a memorable feast of senses. Don’t forget TX sausage making component either....that’s a deep rabbit hole.

Re: No, there are others out there like you

Apr 16, 2021, 1:33 PM

I guess I've never had "good brisket" because every place I've tried it has been somewhat disappointing.

I repeat, IF you're right outside of Blythewood on I-77

Apr 16, 2021, 7:36 PM

stop by Big Boys Smokehouse on Farrow Rd literally right off the exit and have their brisket, you will have finally found some good brisket.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, there are others out there like you

Apr 17, 2021, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: No, there are others out there like you ]

Most has too much fat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will say

Apr 16, 2021, 1:22 PM

Carolina BBQ often has better sides

No it’s Milano but

Apr 16, 2021, 1:52 PM

You’re in the top 5

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree!! ***

Apr 17, 2021, 11:32 AM

He is even worse to live with ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Am I the worst person on this forum?

Apr 16, 2021, 1:58 PM

You can’t beat a good beef rib

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes

Apr 16, 2021, 2:02 PM

This post belongs on the barbecue board, not the football board

First tennis, now this?

Apr 16, 2021, 2:09 PM

deer lowered

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Apr 16, 2021, 3:03 PM

I am from NC and ours is. of course, the best style. SC BBQ has mustard in it - what, are we like Billy Bob in Sling Blade?! And Alabama puts mayo in theirs - that is a sin. Texas BBQ is only barely edible - overcooked beef ain't really barbecue after all. A pig must be involved for it to be called BBQ.

Class of '87

that NC vinegar stuff is for sure on the lower tier of BBQ

Apr 16, 2021, 6:25 PM

Kansas City was actually not all that impressive when I passed through there a couple years ago.

Memphis style ribs weren't that great either. Maybe BBQ just isn't my fav

Apr 16, 2021, 7:02 PM

SC born and bred, but NC vinegar based BBQ is the best. Grew up in the lower part of the state, and hated Maurice’s mustard base BBQ. However, Shealy’s in Batesburg-Leesville (Twin Cities) is outstanding, especially their hash.
Hard to beat Texas BBQ, though.
Highlands Smokehouse in Highlands, NC does have some outstanding brisket. Melts in your mouth.

Not knocking Shealy's, but they weren't even the best

Apr 17, 2021, 12:18 PM

in Leesville, until Jackie Hite died a few years ago. Personally, I like Price's of Gilbert(actually between Gilbert & Lake Murray, just off Hwy 378. And for Friday lunch & Saturday evening, they have fried catfish! The best catfish I have ever had...not greasy at all!

Price's is one of the few that still cooks over wood! No gas at all!

Apr 16, 2021, 7:02 PM

SC born and bred, but NC vinegar based BBQ is the best. Grew up in the lower part of the state, and hated Maurice’s mustard base BBQ. However, Shealy’s in Batesburg-Leesville (Twin Cities) is outstanding, especially their hash.
Hard to beat Texas BBQ, though.
Highlands Smokehouse in Highlands, NC does have some outstanding brisket. Melts in your mouth.

Ya SC bbq is trash. The only people that like mustard

Apr 16, 2021, 8:03 PM

sauce are those that want to just be loyal to the state, but everyone knows NC is far superior. Or Texas. Or just about anywhere else.

Why do you feel the need to trash everyone else, just becaus

Apr 17, 2021, 12:24 PM

YOU don't like mustard! If the mustard sause is so terrible, then why do you see it everywhere you go nowadays! Millions of people must like it!

Re: Why do you feel the need to trash everyone else, just becaus

Apr 17, 2021, 6:14 PM

I feel you. In fact Carolina Mustard sauce can be found as an option on the table at many BBQ joints all over the US. It's one use of the term 'Carolina' that stands for South Carolina only

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love Smokin pig brisket***

Apr 16, 2021, 8:16 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't feel the need to...

Apr 16, 2021, 10:58 PM

...like one better than another

I love all types of BBQ.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're actually under-rated brother

Apr 16, 2021, 11:11 PM

You bring a different perspective to these here boards. I'm born and bred in SC, I prefer NC smoked pork/ribs/sauce. That thin vinegar sauce. Yes! Particularly Lexington NC

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Oh yeah, by a wide margin, there's no question about it****

Apr 17, 2021, 4:43 AM

Re: Oh yeah, by a wide margin, there's no question about it****

Apr 17, 2021, 8:38 AM

Born & raised in NC. The way I was raised, barbecue means pulled pork and nothing else. Moved to TX in 97. In TX, barbecue can mean brisket or sausage or pulled pork or pork ribs or beef ribs or possibly even chicken. It feels non-committed, as if they don’t have any firm beliefs...that’s sort of a joke, but sort of not. I’ll give the Texans their due, their brisket is outstanding.

When I first got to TX I would have disagreements with Texans about what is or is not barbecue. Texans will generally insist that their barbecue tradition is stronger than NC. I’d smash that line of reasoning by pointing out that NC was making barbecue when TX was still part of Spain and when TX became part of Mexico, NC was still making barbecue. No Texan has ever had an answer for that. I don’t beat them over the head with their ignorance anymore.....I just get the brisket, cuz that’s what they do best.

Re: Oh yeah, by a wide margin, there's no question about it****

Apr 17, 2021, 9:00 AM

Raised and currently live in SC. I'll put Rodney Scott's barbecue up against any. Its vinegar based and peppery. It's whole hog, not shoulder. It's hand pulled, not chopped. It contains no mustard. And his ribs are unbeatable.

Apr 17, 2021, 11:45 AM

If you have to ask...

There are lots of good BBQ options. Now I'm hungry after reading this.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2021, 12:15 PM

Praise the lord you haven’t found out about Brooklyn BBQ yet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Apr 17, 2021, 2:40 PM

You need to leave sir.

Apr 17, 2021, 2:48 PM

Rodney Scotts BBQ in Hemingway, SC is some of the best I've ever had and doesn't contain any mustard.

Stanton's BBQ made here in Bennettsville is damm good too.

Has anyone on this board had Stanton's ?

Apr 17, 2021, 3:02 PM

Never tried Stanton’s but I do have family in Hemingway. I’ve tried Big D’s And Kenny’s there before. I thought Big D’s was better. I’m selling a house down there and will have to go back down there soon. I’ll be seeking out Rodney Scott’s for sure.

Apr 17, 2021, 3:39 PM

That would be me, the communist

Carolina Pork is Best....Texas Brisket is Best

Apr 17, 2021, 4:01 PM

Both are great together

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2021, 6:57 PM

1)Beef is not BBQ

2)That is all

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic