Clemson Basketball preview vs. UNC
|Monday, January 2, 2017, 4:20 PM-|
CLEMSON (11-2, 1-0) vs. NORTH CAROLINA (12-3, 0-1)
Date: Tuesday, Jan. 3
Tipoff: 7 p.m. ET
Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (9,000)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ESPN2 (Tom Hart-pbp; Doris Burke-color)
• Clemson opened ACC play with a 73-68 win at Wake Forest; the Tigers ended the game on a 15-0 run to clinch an undefeated December (7-0).
• The Tigers carry a nine-game winning streak into Tuesday's tilt, the ninth-longest current streak in the nation. It is Clemson's longest streak since the 2008-09 team won its first 16 games.
CU Series W-L record: North Carolina leads 130-20
Streak: North Carolina has won the last eight meetings
• Clemson overcame its 10th deficit of at least double digits in a win under Brad Brownell to open ACC play. It was Clemson's largest deficit overcome (13) since the Tigers beat NC State at home in 2010-11 after trailing by 19.
• Brownell needs one win to match his predecessor, Oliver Purnell, with 54 wins over ACC teams. Cliff Ellis holds the Clemson coaching mark with 59.
• Marcquise Reed scored 21 points in his first ACC game as a Tiger, most by any Clemson player in his first conference tilt since Chey Christie produced the same output against Duke in 2001-02.
• Donte Grantham produced his first career double-double at Wake Forest with 11 points and 10 rebounds. He was instrumental in the win over the Deacons with a three-point play that gave the Tigers their first lead.
• Jaron Blossomgame has scored double figures in all but one game for the Tigers this season, and in 67 career games overall.
• Avry Holmes has hit at least one three-point shot in nine straight games, his longest streak since the first 10 games of the 2015-16 season.