Clemson Basketball Preview vs. Syracuse
|Monday, February 6, 2017, 4:14 PM-|
CLEMSON (13-9, 3-7) vs. SYRACUSE (15-9, 7-4)
Date: Tuesday, Feb. 7
Tipoff: 8 p.m. ET
Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (9,000)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ACCN (Justin Kutcher-pbp; Mike Gminski-color)
• Clemson is in search of a third straight win over Syracuse; the Tigers have won the only meetings each of the past two seasons, 2014-15 in Clemson and 2015-16 in Syracuse.
• The Tigers shot the ball well from three-point distance in each of the past two wins over the Orange; Clemson was 12-20 in the win two years ago and 8-17 last season in the Carrier Dome.
• Clemson's team three-point percentage (.355) is the program's best since the 2008-09 season.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 4-1
Streak: Clemson has won two straight meetings
• Avry Holmes is shooting 53.8 percent from three-point range in ACC play, less than a percent off the school record set in 1986-87 by Michael Tait, who shot 54.5 with the line a foot closer than it is today.
• Holmes has made 50 or more three-point goals in consecutive seasons, the first Tiger to do that since Andre Young in 2010-11 and 2011-12.
• Jaron Blossomgame is one of five players among Clemson's top 10 in both scoring and rebounding over a career. Trevor Booker, Elden Campbell, Dale Davis and Horace Grant are the others to achieve the feat.
• Blossomgame posted 20 points last season at Syracuse, and a double-double (15 points, 12 rebounds) the previous year at home, both wins.
• Marcquise Reed is Clemson's top scorer off the bench at 9.5 points per game, and has reached double figures in three of Clemson's last five contests.
• Sidy Djitte produced his first double-double in league play last time out, with 10 points and 11 rebounds at Florida State. His eight offensive rebounds tied an individual high under head coach Brad Brownell.