Clemson Basketball Preview vs. Nebraska
|Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 4:33 PM-|
Clemson (3-2) vs. Nebraska (4-2)
Date: Wednesday, Nov. 30
Tipoff: 9 p.m.
Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (9,000)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ESPNU (Rich Hollenberg-pbp; Dino Gaudio-color)
• Clemson and Nebraska meet for the first time in history as part of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. The Tigers are 9-7 all-time in the event and are in search of their first challenge win since 2011 at Iowa.
• Wednesday’s matchup features two top-65 teams in the latest RPI according to WarrenNolan.com.
• The Tigers are 15th nationally in free throw accuracy, according to the latest NCAA statistics. Clemson, coming off a 22-24 effort against High Point, is shooting 79 percent early in the season.
• Sidy Djitte, averaging a double-double for the Tigers, is third among all players nationally in offensive rebounds per game (5.0). He has had seven offensive boards in each of Clemson’s last two games.
• Jaron Blossomgame is coming off a season-high 27 points against High Point. He has averaged 18 points per game in two career ACC/Big Ten Challenge games, posting 24 at Minnesota last season.
• Blossomgame moved into 21st in Clemson’s career scoring list last time out, moving his tally to 1,241 total points.
• Gabe DeVoe has scored double figures in four of Clemson’s first five games. He entered his junior season with just seven career double-figure efforts.
• Marcquise Reed, Clemson’s sixth man, leads the Tigers in three-point accuracy (.563) and free throw accuracy (.905).
• Shelton Mitchell, projected to be the starting point guard, made his Clemson debut last time out, collecting two assists in 11 minutes against High Point.
• Avry Holmes needs 19 points to reach 1,000 for his career.