Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can someone please explain why BB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,445

Can someone please explain why BB

Mar 3, 2021, 7:01 PM

doesn’t double team, press, or trap in the backcourt until the game is so far out of reach. He has absolutely no ability to affect or change the momentum in a game. He is undoubtedly the most stubborn and predictable coach in all of college basketball. It is sickening to watch him just give up in a game. A youth league coach could make better in game adjustments.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can someone please explain why BB

Mar 3, 2021, 7:28 PM

Maybe we should name JP at 55% our next head basketball coach. We are much better than your coots JP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2021, 7:32 PM

I second the jp nomination. He apparently coached in a church league one time

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I personally thought he should have

Mar 3, 2021, 7:33 PM

Bunted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2021, 12:11 AM

He mailed it in with a minute to go down 10. I know the odds are really really low for a comeback, but it has happened. I knew it was over with 15 minutes to play, but thats called giving up. He told the players to not foul with 60 seconds on the clock.

One of these days DRad might wake up and smell the roses.

Mar 4, 2021, 12:17 AM

What has always remained a mystery to this is, why are all these armchair coaches not making millions at coaching a D1 power 5 college team, and settling for a job making less than $75/100k, or even less a year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But predictably average!

Mar 4, 2021, 12:34 AM

We should be happy with that because we are a football school.

This season is one of the top 12 or so seasons we have had

Mar 4, 2021, 1:50 PM

in our 100+ years of basketball at Clemson.

We have played one of the toughest schedules in the country, are in the top 1/3rd of the ACC standings, and have an excellent resume for the NCAA Tournament this year. And we have done this despite not just one, but two pauses due to COVID-19.

Please tell us what is average about that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 4, 2021, 6:37 AM

Brownell said they played dodgeball during practice this week when he was on Packer and Durham. Maybe if they had taken on Syracuse in that activity the result would have been more to our liking.

Mar 4, 2021, 1:39 PM

Go for it on forth and long in the first quarter.

Mar 4, 2021, 2:12 PM

We are #2 in opponent shooting % and No 2 is opposing team scoring. Yup No. 2. Only FSU is better and we are better than Virginia in %. Only UVA is better in PPG.

We are No 4 in turnover margin.

What is wrong with our D? Notta darn thing.

It's hilarious reading posts like yours

Mar 4, 2021, 2:38 PM

because I just read another post complaining about Brownell's illogical substitution patterns. That post painted this horrible picture of players not getting into a rhythm because Brad substitutes with no predictable pattern.

Meanwhile, you are complaining that he is too predictable and should've been trying to do more to win the game.

The REAL answer here is that he realized early on that his team wasn't shooting well, but was playing pretty good defense. We kept it close in the first half. But when Syracuse went on their run early in the second half, he started making substitutions outside of the normal pattern in an attempt to find a combination that worked. Thus, the "random" combination of adjustments.

He's not nearly as clueless, disorganized, and lackadaisical as you guys make him out to be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,445
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic