Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Updated ACC Basketball Standings (2/24)......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 3,301

Updated ACC Basketball Standings (2/24)......

Feb 24, 2021, 10:47 PM

Still weird with all the different number of games played....but here it is.

1. FSU 10-2
2. UVA 11-4
3. Va. Tech 8-4
4. Louisville 7-4
5. Clemson 8-5
6. UNC 8-5
7. Duke 9-6
8. Ga. Tech 8-6
9. Syracuse 7-6
10. N.C. State 7-8
11. Notre Dame 6-9
12. Pittsburgh 5-8
13. Wake Forest 3-13
14. Miami 3-12
15. Boston College 1-9

Obviously it's going to be a close race for a top 4 spot and one of the ACC tourney double-byes. 4th place is very reachable...3rd is not out of the question, although Va. Tech's schedule closes pretty well for them.
While Louisville has a tough closing, there are several other teams waiting to take their spot. But we do have the inside track.
If we win out...we'll stay ahead of anyone behind us. Drop one, and we'd still have a shot, but it could get messy. Good thing is that a lot of teams around us play each other (see below).

Remaining Games (for the relevant teams)

FSU (at UNC; BC; at Notre Dame)
UVA (Miami, at Louisville)
VT (Wake, Louisville, at NCSU)
Louisville (at Duke, at VT, UVA)
Clemson (Miami, at Syracuse, Pittsburgh)
UNC (FSU, at Syracuse, Duke)
Duke (Louisville, at GT, at UNC)
GT (Syracuse, Duke, at Wake)
Syracuse (at GT, UNC, Clemson)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Updated ACC Basketball Standings (2/24)......

Feb 24, 2021, 11:10 PM

Louisville has a really tough stretch. No way they win all 3 games. I agree. As long as we win out, we are in great shape...

Yeah, I think Louisville is not the team to worry about...

Feb 25, 2021, 9:34 AM

In my mind...if we drop a game (at Syracuse, for instance)..then we have to deal with someone like Duke or GT being in our business. I suppose UNC could factor in...but they don’t seem equipped to win out.
GT in particular could sneakily win out....I think our win over FSU will loom large in a tiebreaker scenario with them.
We really are in good shape with tiebreakers.
VT and Louisville will play less games than us...so we don’t have to worry about some weird 3 way tie with them that would bounce us to 5th.
As usual...the most difficult thing is to go win the games...the rest should fall into place.

Re: Updated ACC Basketball Standings (2/24)......

Feb 24, 2021, 11:41 PM

I'm not one that likes lots of byes. I get the rest factor, but missing two games . . . worried about sitting too long.

Depends on if you actually want to win the thing or not....

Feb 25, 2021, 7:55 AM

If we get the double bye...we start Thursday.
Otherwise it would be Wednesday.
Not much of a difference.
Bottom line is we’ll have a tough game that day against a team that had to play the day before....likely Duke, UNC, Louisville, or GT.
If we win, then let’s say there’s UVA or FSU on day 2. Wouldn’t you rather be playing them on equal footing? Or be on your 3rd game when fatigue starts to set in?
We haven’t had very much success in the ACC tourney. Double bye is best chance for it. By the time we’ll hit the court...half the teams will be out!

Yep, our ACC Tourney record is indeed dismal. So much so

Feb 25, 2021, 8:01 AM

that a couple of my "Pie in the Sky" goals that I hope to see Clemson basketball achieve before I die do not even include winning a Natty. They are:

Win the ACC Tournament, just once. Preferably beating UNC or Duke in the Championship game.

Get to a Final Four. Sure, winning a Natty would be great, but for right now, just getting to the Final Four and having that experience on the biggest stage available in college basketball would be a Matrix moment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here.***

Feb 25, 2021, 8:51 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 3,301
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic