Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson guard enters name for NBA draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson guard enters name for NBA draft

Mar 31, 2021, 2:21 PM

Clemson guard enters name for NBA draft

Clemson senior guard Clyde Trapp announced he is entering his name for the NBA draft but is not signing with an agent. Not signing with an agent opens up the possibility he can return to college basketball, which said in the announcement that he is "keeping the option of returning as a grad transfer Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson guard enters name for NBA draft

Mar 31, 2021, 2:25 PM

Well this stinks since he had another year of eligibility! When he was defending CBB, the first thing that came to mind was that he would be the first to enter the Port-a-let! Well, not the first but he has joined as I expected.

Mar 31, 2021, 2:31 PM

https://247sports.com/Article/Clyde-Trapp-enters-transfer-portal-Clemson-star-basketball-NCAA-Tournament-March-Madness-point-guard-graduate-163422722/

You do realize that he is a senior, right?

Mar 31, 2021, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson guard enters name for NBA draft ]

He only has another year of eligibility because this season doesn't count against anyone's eligibility.

He has been at Clemson for four years. He will have a Clemson degree. Nobody has been expecting him back at Clemson next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You do realize that he is a senior, right?

Mar 31, 2021, 2:53 PM

But he could have played another year and he had not announced he was leaving. Nobody thinks he is ready for NBA, so putting name in portal was next step if he were to leave. We could surely have hoped he would stay his final year of eligibility.

Do you also expect Simms and Baehre to return for

Mar 31, 2021, 2:55 PM

their fifth year?

Should every player who isn't a sure fire first round NBA Draft pick stay in school even though they have been in college four years and earned a degree?

Come on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Do you also expect Simms and Baehre to return for

Mar 31, 2021, 3:00 PM

Really? Who is being dramatic now? Nobody expected Simms to return next season and many thought he was gone next year. Several football players have returned for their gimme season, so I guess bball players can't be assumed to return?

Re: Do you also expect Simms and Baehre to return for

Mar 31, 2021, 3:01 PM

*Last year, mis-typed

No, I don't expect any senior who has put in the work over

Mar 31, 2021, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you also expect Simms and Baehre to return for ]

the past four years and earned their degree to come back next year. Anyone who does that will be a nice bonus, but certainly not someone I counted on to return.

When most people are 21, 22 years old (or even older in the case of Baehre), they naturally want to leave the college environment and be a real adult. They want to make money, start a career, pursue additional graduate studies, and be more independent. It's a natural course.

For those who want to play basketball as a career, a fifth year of college basketball isn't likely to help their chances. If they are good enough to play professional basketball, either in the U.S. or overseas, why spend another year in college when you can go ahead and start your career and make some money?

Re: No, I don't expect any senior who has put in the work over

Mar 31, 2021, 6:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Mar 31, 2021, 6:32 PM [ in reply to No, I don't expect any senior who has put in the work over ]

It’s called getting a free masters degree. Or a double major. And actually most kids I know love college and are in no hurry to leave. Look how many football players at Clemson come back even when they are high draft picks they’ll come back for their senior year. Look how many players this year decided to come back for another year of football. But of course it’s painfully obvious and has been for quite a while that the culture of our football team is radically different than our basketball team and we’re recruiting a different caliber of player And person. Most of our basketball players seem to have gotten here by way of the transfer portal. They didn’t really start out here as incoming freshmen so they don’t have the loyalty or the attachment to the University and the community.

But regardless of any of this we could struggle to put an even mediocre team on the court next year. So we will probably suck next year and people like you will be talking about why BB needs another year or two because of all the players that left leaving him in a rebuilding mode after having been coach for 11 years.

The truth of the matter is our basketball team and program is greatly underachieving. We are a freaking charter member of the ACC. Schools like Florida in Arkansas have one multiple national championships. Schools like Florida state and Virginia tech and Miami that have significantly less basketball tradition than even Clemson have come in and been top tier programs in the ACC. I don’t expect us to ever be consistently better than North Carolina or Duke or Louisville, but there’s no excuse why we can’t be fourth or fifth behind those schools on a regular basis. If Virginia Tech and Florida State in Miami can do what they have done since joining the ACC there’s no excuse for Clemson not being right there just below the top tier programs. But that would never happen because unlike football, the university and the administration are simply not committed!

Mar 31, 2021, 10:10 PM

Mar 31, 2021, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Re: You do realize that he is a senior, right? ]

no agent, he could return

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2021, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Re: You do realize that he is a senior, right? ]

Since he doesnt have representation, he will find out where nba thinks he will be drafted
If its not what he wants, he'll come back

Mar 31, 2021, 9:26 PM

He actually said he did not sign an agent so the option of being a grad transfer is open. He is done at Clemson.

"Nobody has been expecting him back at Clemson next year."

Mar 31, 2021, 6:22 PM [ in reply to You do realize that he is a senior, right? ]

So now you speak for everyone....got it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

So you’re saying I missed a discussion here about next year’s lineup

Mar 31, 2021, 10:12 PM

which included Trapp?

Please share the link.

Not at all what I’m saying. Link to where you specified

Apr 1, 2021, 1:19 PM

that your comment was directly related to tnet posts only?

Bottom line is you don’t speak for everyone and if you truly believe that “nobody” thought he’d return with the new rules and the unlikely chance he gets drafted in the NBA, you’re more delusional than I thought.

I guess in reality I don’t expect anything from you outside of doing whatever you think is necessary to protect your precious on these boards.

When the player

Mar 31, 2021, 2:26 PM

defending the coach after the Rutgers game jumps ship there may be a problem. Nothing to see here right, everything is great and the program appears headed in the right direction!

He was a senior this year, has been in the program for four

Mar 31, 2021, 2:46 PM

years, and has his degree. Nobody has been expecting him to come back for a bonus season.

It's not "jumping ship" for him to leave.

Are you always this dramatic?

I'm not saying anything about

Mar 31, 2021, 2:55 PM

whether or not the team expected him back.

If he really supported this coach, team and school than it's just as easy to play your bonus season at Clemson than it is to go to another school. The grass isn't always greener. I find it amusing that you rush to the back of Brownell when even the team's Senior leader doesn't want to be part of this for another year. Everything's great!!!

You sure are assuming a lot here.

Mar 31, 2021, 3:03 PM

Chances are good that Trapp has planned all along to graduate and start earning a paycheck, either overseas playing basketball, as a graduate assistant coach, or in a non-basketball job related to his field of study.

If you're expecting many seniors to return for the extra year of eligibility, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

You don't know Trapp's situation, nor do you know what discussions he has had with the coaching staff. Perhaps he's looking for a graduate degree program elsewhere that Clemson doesn't offer. Perhaps he wants to be closer to a family member/significant other. Perhaps the coaching staff told him that it would be in his best interest to move on.

It's sad that you are using this situations to somehow evaluate Trapp's level of loyalty, commitment, or support for the program. I question whether you are actually a Clemson basketball fan.

Re: You sure are assuming a lot here.

Mar 31, 2021, 4:34 PM

But it's okay for you to assume the guy whose post you commented on is wrong? The way the post reads if he doesn't get the grade he is looking for then he is coming back to enter the portal. The only one doing a lot of "assuming" is you. I'm going off what he actually wrote. It's easy to continue on saying you are leaving to do a post grad that Clemson doesn't offer. Time will tell though won't it? You may be right but then again he didn't write anything you're assuming.

Re: I'm not saying anything about

Mar 31, 2021, 6:50 PM [ in reply to I'm not saying anything about ]

If he didn’t want to be a part of this team any longer, he would’ve signed with an agent. What he wants is to make money playing ball. He’s leaving himself the option of coming back if his prospect isn’t where he wants to be.

Mar 31, 2021, 2:37 PM

Now that’s funny. I thought talented and skilled players went to the NBA. Hopefully he can start a new trend for Clemson basketball players.

Mar 31, 2021, 2:39 PM

Just like Football, guys do this all the time to see where they stand. Simms did this as well. As long as they don't hire an agent they have a time period where they can return. I think he will be back. He needs to have a good year next year to be drafted.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.thetigernet.com/images/profiles/21132.gif

Nothing wrong with the young man testing the NBA waters***

Mar 31, 2021, 2:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Nothing wrong with the young man testing the NBA waters***

Mar 31, 2021, 2:44 PM

Everyone else reporting he has gone to the portal. Tnet only one saying anything about the NBA draft.

Re: Nothing wrong with the young man testing the NBA waters***

Mar 31, 2021, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Nothing wrong with the young man testing the NBA waters*** ]

Everyone else reporting he has gone to the portal. Tnet only one saying anything about the NBA draft.

Since Trapp's post on Instagram includes a direct quote...

Mar 31, 2021, 2:49 PM

where he specifically says that he plans to enter his name in the 2021 NBA draft, I'm going with TigerNet on this one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Since Trapp's post on Instagram includes a direct quote...

Mar 31, 2021, 2:58 PM

Didn't see his post. Don't have Instagram, Twitter, nor whatever else stuff ppl use to post their life on. But if Trapp posted it then obviously that is his plan. I assume he can do both at the same time especially if he doesn't expect a draftable grade.

Re: Since Trapp's post on Instagram includes a direct quote...

Mar 31, 2021, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Since Trapp's post on Instagram includes a direct quote... ]

He also said he is not signing an agent and that he could return to college as a grad TRANSFER.

Straight from his instagram:

Mar 31, 2021, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing wrong with the young man testing the NBA waters*** ]

GO TIGERS!!!

Trapp shot 61% from the line this year, 54% in ACC games

Mar 31, 2021, 2:59 PM

I wish the kid success, but that's not going to get it done unless you have the body of Shaquille O'Neal.

Mar 31, 2021, 3:04 PM

Silly. I am going to try as well.

Joe21 and Trapp have about the same chance at the NBA

Mar 31, 2021, 4:40 PM

Along with most of the other posters on T-Net...

Mar 31, 2021, 5:52 PM

If he does.leave, will we have a team next year?

Mar 31, 2021, 9:33 PM

He is projected to go somewhere in the 87th round.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic