Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, under Swofford's leadership is the ACC now one of the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

So, under Swofford's leadership is the ACC now one of the

Mar 20, 2021, 12:41 PM

worst power five conferences in basketball too? Good job John.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

Mar 20, 2021, 12:55 PM

assume that is a joke?

no matter how you look at it, the ACC has more than 1/3 of the NCAA basketball titles this century

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL

Mar 20, 2021, 1:31 PM

I think he’s talking about now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 20, 2021, 1:32 PM

Mar 20, 2021, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL ]

thank you capt. obvious

only took him 23+ years

Re: So, under Swofford's leadership is the ACC now one of the

Mar 20, 2021, 3:06 PM

Simple question. Since each school fires and fires coaches who recruit their players in what universe does the Conference Commissioner have anything to do with basketball results? Your world I guess.

Besides, when to Clemson fans care about the ACC?

Mar 20, 2021, 3:09 PM

Are we forgetting the extra probation in the '80s and the Tobacco Road mafia of old?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

Re: Besides, when to Clemson fans care about the ACC?

Mar 20, 2021, 3:19 PM

and the no class program at UNC we actually want our players to get and education, and the one and done program at duke finally bit them in the butt.

oh, another myth believer

Mar 20, 2021, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Besides, when to Clemson fans care about the ACC? ]

https://www.tigernet.com/story/What-really-happened-with-Swofford-and-the-extra-year-10615

Why hasn't UNC had to vacate the tainted titles they won

Mar 20, 2021, 4:23 PM

with academically ineligible players yet? That is something I would LOVE to hear your opinion on...Why, if we know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you used academic fraud to keep these players eligible, are they able to retain their ill-gotten titles?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL (again)

Mar 20, 2021, 5:05 PM

love that it bugs you so much...

what do you know 'beyond a shadow of a doubt' that the NCAA doesn't/didn't

Are you saying there is even a shred of doubt about the

Mar 20, 2021, 6:05 PM

academic fraud on your Tainted Title Teams?Please explain what is factually inaccurate about my claim that you played ineligible players in those title runs? We KNOW for a fact they took the fraudulent courses, thus making them ineligible and we KNOW for a fact they played...Where is the disconnect?

facts are facts

Mar 20, 2021, 7:00 PM

and the fact is that the NCAA never ruled any of the UNC players ineligible

your opinion and interpretation are just 'sound and fury....signifying nothing'

Please explain how players who took fraudulent classes

Mar 20, 2021, 8:57 PM

remained eligible?

: )

Mar 20, 2021, 9:33 PM

just 'cause you think it, don't make it so

you opinion is just f'n inane

you keep making the same argument... it's been years now..

and i just keep laughing at you

It's the ONLY argument I need...You can't answer a simple

Mar 20, 2021, 9:45 PM

question, why do I need to say anything else until you can explain how your Heels remained academically eligible even though they involved in academic fraud...You can't, and we BOTH know why...Why should I drop it?

please don't drop it

Mar 20, 2021, 9:58 PM

mindless obsession is entertaining!

:)

As entertaining as watching you dodge the same question

Mar 20, 2021, 10:00 PM

over and over and over again? That entertaining?

Why argue with a Tarheel primary education major?***

Mar 20, 2021, 11:10 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_North_Carolina_academic-athletic_scandal#:~:text=On%20August%2026%2C%202010%2C%20the,the%20university's%20academic%20support%20program.&text=The%20NCAA%20found%20North%20Carolina,to%20monitor%20the%20football%20program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the same inane questions over and over

Mar 21, 2021, 8:09 PM [ in reply to As entertaining as watching you dodge the same question ]

kinda like watching a monkey trying to fornicate a football

just 'cause it makes you angry, doesn't mean you're right

your opinion is utterly meaningless.. but again, sometimes mildly entertaining (for a while, then it's just tiresome)

the only opinions that matter are those the NCAA promulgated

Just one simple question...over and over...and you can't

Mar 22, 2021, 3:01 AM

answer it...yet you still keep replying

: )

Mar 20, 2021, 5:11 PM [ in reply to oh, another myth believer ]

gotta love posting the facts as told by Tigernet and getting a TD :)

Re: : )

Mar 20, 2021, 6:06 PM

Did UNC cheat? Yes!

Did UNC commit academic fraud? Yes!

Did UNC, A school that prides itself on being an academic elite, a blue blood, a public Ivy so to speak, Commit the single biggest sin a school can commit, which is academic fraud. Then Carry out a conspiracy to hide and evade the truth after it was discovered? Yes! On both counts!

Did UNC walk away with not even a slap on the wrist by either the ACC or the NCAA? Yes!

What did the NCAA uses as their excuse? There’s no specific rule that says what UNC did was cheating. What? Even a kid in third grade understands that academic fraud is cheating and the single biggest sin a college can commit. Yet UNC did not even get a slap on the wrist. But there is a rule. It’s called lack of institutional control. And if ever there was a school that broke the biggest rule, lack of institutional control, which should lead to an entire athletic department getting the death penalty, it was UNC because their fraud went all the way to the top of the University and involved academics and the entire athletic department. These are facts that were proven.

So why did UNC get away with it? Basically two simple reasons. One, the NCAA does in fact act in an incredibly inconsistent way and often shows favoritism to certain programs. But, the main reason UNC got away Without even a slap on the wrist is because the NCAA is completely incompetent!

This may be an TigerNet, but there is nothing that I have written that you can actually dispute because everything I have written is factually correct. You are just a biased UNC fan that doesn’t want to accept the truth.

He knows they cheated, acting obtuse is all he has***

Mar 20, 2021, 6:34 PM

i'll ask again

Mar 20, 2021, 6:55 PM

what do you know that the rest of us don't?

if the NCAA doesn't say that any player on a team was ineligible, then how can you claim they were?

How can players involved in academic fraud remain eligible?

Mar 20, 2021, 8:59 PM

Please explain

show me

Mar 20, 2021, 9:34 PM

where they were found/ruled ineligible?

your opinion is f'n meaningless ... but good for a laugh

I asked you a question...How can players involved in

Mar 20, 2021, 9:38 PM

academic fraud remain eligible?

when you find some factual basis

Mar 20, 2021, 9:57 PM

show me evidence that the NCAA found them ineligible... then you have an argument..

but all you have is your opinion... fervent as it may be... it's just an opinion

good night.. got a long run in the morning and need my sleep :)

so you can't answer the question?***

Mar 20, 2021, 9:58 PM

considered switching to decaf?

Mar 20, 2021, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: : ) ]

did you even see what i was referring to?

the Tigernet article i linked was about Swofford and the 'legend' of him being responsible for the extra year of Clemson probation back in the 80's - which is the first reason many give here for their dislike of Swofford

and i have never denied anything about the scandal. i posted a link to the full Wainstein report as soon as it was released to the public

it does tickle me that so many here are still so upset about it

Re: considered switching to decaf?

Mar 21, 2021, 12:41 PM

Basically what all of the investigations found was that the UNC AFAM program was a fraud, but since that fraud extended to the entire university, it did not favor the athletes ....... although everyone at UNC knew that if they signed up for an AFAM class it was already filled with athletes. That is the only reason that the NCAA did not act.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: considered switching to decaf?

Mar 22, 2021, 6:28 AM

You’re getting really close. Think about the politically correct , social justice, equality, diversity, fairness, reparations world we live in and you will soon come to the core of why a disgraceful program like AFAM was created at a proud university.

Re: oh, another myth believer

Mar 21, 2021, 9:30 PM [ in reply to oh, another myth believer ]

If you can believe that all of those "classes" were legitimate, maybe you shouldn't be here pointing fingers at what others believe about Swofford. UNC continues to be the butt of jokes among schools both inside and outside the ACC regarding those "classes." It is an embarrassment to the conference. Regardless of what one believes about the extra year of probation, there should never be a commissioner who is an alum of a school in the conference. It will always give the appearance of favoritism whether or not it exists.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 21, 2021, 9:34 PM

The African American Studies program was a disgrace. But it was not created to give athletes an advantage. The real reason is something people are afraid to talk about.

Mar 21, 2021, 10:13 PM

Tardog said:

The African American Studies program was a disgrace. But it was not created to give athletes an advantage. The real reason is something people are afraid to talk about.

I'm sure you know more than I do regarding details. Reading pages 1 and 2 of the official NCAA decision document about the original statement of "long-standing and egregious academic wrongdoing" and then the fact that UNC "dramatically pivoted" three years later is enough for me.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 22, 2021, 5:54 AM

Actually I do know more than you. I was there.

I'm not swofford lover but don't think

Mar 20, 2021, 6:49 PM

The success of duke unc or the rest of the conference has anything to do swofford? Maybe I'm missing something though

Re: I'm not swofford lover but don't think

Mar 21, 2021, 9:08 PM

You are not missing anything. This “Swofford hates everybody but UNC and dook” belief is just foolish.

Re: So, under Swofford's leadership is the ACC now one of the

Mar 20, 2021, 10:11 PM

I believe our new commissioner has stated he wants every ACC school to upgrade their football program. I don't know if he meant at the expense of the basketball programs but if he did, it's already working and Clemson is in complete compliance.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic