Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When we beat UNC this season, saw young athletic guy...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,502

When we beat UNC this season, saw young athletic guy...

Mar 24, 2021, 7:36 PM

That battled With the big highly regarded Tar Holes inside guys and belonged with them. Looks like he really had a lot of potential. Now, that young guy O-Max is in the transfer portal. SMH...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When we beat UNC this season, saw young athletic guy...

Mar 24, 2021, 7:40 PM

I feel your pain. Looks like we are about to lose half of our team.

Mar 24, 2021, 7:46 PM

We have lost more than you guys so far, and heard there might be more...
Walt Deptula on radio has been talking about how the Tar Heels are losing a lot of players, but didn't even mention Clemson which has more right now...lol

Mar 24, 2021, 7:58 PM

Unfortunately we ain’t done. I really hate this new environment in college basketball. Maybe we can benefit by picking up a few players. Maybe y’all can too.

Mar 24, 2021, 7:44 PM

I am mistaken, but didn't I hear the "talking heads" very early in the season talking about what a great inside game with both Hill and Simms and O-Max, playing inside together? Just asking?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2021, 7:48 PM

Yep. Hall and O-Max were going to be key players for at least two more years. Hope at least Hall stays.

Mar 24, 2021, 8:05 PM

I hate to see him leave the program but if he isn’t happy here he likely would not become a go to guy. Rare to find a big time player out of Mexico but that is where he last “transferred” to. He had moved around a lot and that concerns me.

It didn't concern Coach Brownell.

Mar 24, 2021, 8:13 PM

Not that it should have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2021, 8:02 PM

i was looking forward to watching him next season...thought he could have been a starter

Mar 24, 2021, 8:04 PM

Sucks really bad. He played so much bigger than I thought. I thought he was going to be a lanky donte grantham type. He banged inside but could also dribble, slash and create. He was going to be a star by his junior year.

He may have deserved more minutes, it not sure how many more minutes considering we had Tyson and baehre at his position. His future was bright here though.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2021, 8:07 PM

Last year WAS Brad's best class. This year's class was nothing to get excited about. We had one player that is worthy of ACC recruiting that just decommited. For 11 years running, I've watched Brad go head to head in recruiting against app st, Furman, NC A&T etc.

Then I read on here how OP left Brad with nada. His best recruits to date is the team OP left behind. OP was recruiting against ACC schools for recruits.

The facts speak for themselves.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad doesn't have the confidence to go after the better

Mar 24, 2021, 8:15 PM

players. We concede.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2021, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: When we beat UNC this season, saw young athletic guy... ]

Agree that this years class is nothing to brag about. Was disappointed as I wanted him to build on last years class.

I disagree with OP recruiting well and competing against other ACC schools

2003 - 12th in ACC. 1 of 2 recruits transferred. Vernon Hamilton was the lone recruit that stayed

2004 - 7th in ACC. 2 of 5 recruits transferred. Best recruit was James Mays (beast) and Cliff Hammonds with that sweet lefty stroke.

2005 - 13th in ACC. 1 of 3 transferred. Best recruit was KC Rivers

2006 - 10th in ACC. 2 of 4 transferred. Best recruit was Trevor Booker. Only a 3* but what a beast

2007 - 13th in ACC. No transfers. had Jerai Grant, TO, and Demontez Stitt (RIP) Stitt was only a 2*. Wow

2008 - 8th in ACC. No transfers. Had 2 4* in Catelin Baciu and Andre Young. THe other two were tanner smith and Narcisse

2009 - 5th in ACC. 2 of 4 Transferred. Milton Jennings, Noel Johnson, Devin Booker, and Donte Hill. This is how hard it is to compete recruiting in the ACC. on 5* and three 4* and we were only 5th in the ACC

2010 - He had Marcus Thorton committed and then OP left without saying anything to his players and he decommitted. We signed Cory Stanton who was originally signed w/ Brownell at Wright State but then he transferred.

This is also a good reminder of the nature of college basketball. Purnell had 8 transfers in 7 years of being here. It's not fun but it happens. Transfers are way more frequent now in general.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,502
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic