Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is going on in Mens BB?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

What is going on in Mens BB?

Apr 9, 2021, 11:29 PM

Recruit now going to Wake?
Newman transfers? Ok, maybe for more PT as he was not used by BB
Talented Prosper leaves when clearly he should be getting PT next season.
Now Trapp - a starter uses his extra year to transfer to Charlotte?

Something is amiss. This does not make sense for talented starters or future starters to leave like this.

WTH is going on?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same thing going on with every other basketball program

Apr 10, 2021, 3:16 AM

Tons of kids transferring. Sleep easy, we’ll have some transfers come our way soon enough. Pour another glass of that brown water and calm ya ####.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is going on in Mens BB?

Apr 10, 2021, 6:12 AM

What would you do if you were a recruit?? When your are constantly reading or hearing so much negative comments from Clemson fans and media sources about the Coaches and the program as a recruit would you be interested in the Tigers. It is already tuff to recruit at Clemson and against several ACC teams and other conference teams. But then you constantly read or hear on sports media that Coach Brownell does not have fans support and he should be fired, would you come to Clemson?? If I am a top recruit I would definitely eliminate Clemson. Most likely I would end up going to a school where there is a lot of support for the Coaches and the basketball program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah it’s all the fans’ fault.

Apr 10, 2021, 6:32 AM

Just really bad luck that we’re the only school in the country with an internet message board.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah it’s all the fans’ fault.

Apr 10, 2021, 7:46 AM

Row86® said:

Just really bad luck that we’re the only school in the country with an internet message board.

Not saying this message board is the reason for transfers and 1 recruit being released but we have to have some of the worst fans in college basketball.

The shear ignorance I see on this board is astounding.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2021, 10:29 AM

Just let Dabo have a 8-3 or 8-4 season and they'll be after his a$$.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right. People are outraged when football “only” wins by 28.

Apr 10, 2021, 11:40 AM

And Dabo seems to overcome that situation just fine.

But I guess that’s just because he has a slide in his office.

what a load of crappa . .

Apr 10, 2021, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah it’s all the fans’ fault. ]

you speak. I coached Hs BB for 11 years, so I have a clue what it's like to coach a team, run a team and what to ask for from my players. I have not been happy with the way our team plays, consistently, under Brad. If you are, what is your experience with coaching BB ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2021, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Yeah it’s all the fans’ fault. ]

Row86® said:

Not all but you and others like you certainly do your part to keep our program down

The real question is .

Apr 10, 2021, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: What is going on in Mens BB? ]

Are Clemson fans just bad, negative fans? Or have the results of our basketball program over the past decade led us to feel this way?

People say the things they do for a reason . BB isn't a terrible coach, he's pretty good considering he has taken multiple schools to the NCAAT and runs a respectable program here, but it's just stale and no real trajectory for the future.

Great post.***

Apr 10, 2021, 1:52 PM

Re: The real question is .

Apr 10, 2021, 6:10 PM [ in reply to The real question is . ]

Actually, before the Newman and O-Max transfer our program was in great shape. The two transfers stink, but we could still get a couple good inbound transfers.

We just had a great regular season and brownell just had 2 of his best recruiting classes.

We still have great talent on the team for next year.

Re: The real question is .

Apr 10, 2021, 6:16 PM [ in reply to The real question is . ]

What I have said in the past is, I think he has reached his ceiling. I don't see anything in what he has done, what he teaches and expects from the players during a game, to think the ceiling is still not reached. I do not see where we can get better with the way his teams play. . and I mean consistently better.

Apr 10, 2021, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: What is going on in Mens BB? ]

What media negativity? They’ve gone to the mat for years propping up Brownell because he’s nice to them unlike OP. You couldn’t criticize him on WCCP for years without the host calling critical fans dumb.

If it is truly the fans to blame for us being mired in

Apr 11, 2021, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: What is going on in Mens BB? ]

mediocrity for the past ten + years under Brownell with tepid prospects at best looking ahead, and not the leadership of the program, then perhaps it's time for these same fans to roll hot and turn it up a notch. Go full on "Brown L" and really leverage our influence and power and force change. Maybe we're being too chill.

There are lots of competitors in the coaching world that would fully embrace the fan and historical landscape here and swim in that challenge. Real competitors don't shy away from that - they hunger for it.

Brownell is a nice guy. Great. Our basketball program is in a full malaise and consistently disappointing. Great games here and there, and always over the top love for the players, but overall no reasonable sports fan can look at our past decade in basketball and peg it as anything but bland and disappointing. In any objective measure we have not had a successful decade as a college basketball program.

I wish it weren't so, but it is what it is.

Go Tigers. Time to take a chance on better.

Message was edited by: wildblulou®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If it is truly the fans to blame for us being mired in

Apr 13, 2021, 9:07 AM

Thanks for saying what many think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Brad is going on

Apr 10, 2021, 6:14 AM

Year 12

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brad is going on

Apr 10, 2021, 7:09 AM

And has done a solid job so what is your point?

You have NO expectations

Apr 10, 2021, 8:03 AM

Only way you make that statement

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brad is going on

Apr 10, 2021, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Brad is going on ]

Solid job? Your expectations of solid are significantly lower than mine.

A "solid" coach can make a HUGE difference. We have our current CBB and he is a career twin of Tommy Bowden; good but not great.

Bowden out, Dabo in and the rest is history. We missed big time by not going after Pat Kelsey. Kelsey has a lot of similarities to Dabo.

Apr 10, 2021, 7:55 AM

Nobody wants to play for Brownell and losing in the first round of tournaments back to back kinda leaves a big stink that doesn’t wash off easy

Prosper and the recruit that got away are the big concerns.....

Apr 10, 2021, 8:45 AM

Trapp, under a normal/not giving out extra years scenario, was done.
Basketball is different from football....guys staying around for a 5th year is going to be less likely. Those guys actually need to move on to create space and playing time for others.
Newman clearly wants to play more minutes.
We had a lot of depth this past year...but that led to less PT for some. Not everyone digs that.
The Prosper transfer is the most bothersome....because he seemed to have a higher ceiling, had 3 more years, and was in line for a jump in playing time.
I don’t know anything about the recruit that went to Wake...but that was odd to lose a guy at this stage.

All that said...it now comes down to who Brownell brings in through the transfer portal.

Re: Prosper and the recruit that got away are the big concerns.....

Apr 10, 2021, 9:26 AM

Building a team thru the transfer portal is crazy. No chemistry, players trying to develop won’t get minutes to do so.
I get bringing in a player to fill a hole. I don’t get where it is needed to fill out the team.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prosper and the recruit that got away are the big concerns.....

Apr 10, 2021, 9:35 AM

clemzn1981 said:

Building a team thru the transfer portal is crazy. No chemistry, players trying to develop won’t get minutes to do so.
I get bringing in a player to fill a hole. I don’t get where it is needed to fill out the team.

Baylor says am I a joke to you?..

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well...we need them now just to have enough players!...

Apr 10, 2021, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Prosper and the recruit that got away are the big concerns..... ]

We now have 6 guys from this year’s team that are gone. Simms, Trapp, Baehre. Newman, Prosper and the recruit.

We have 2 freshmen coming in.

That leaves us several open spots. And we are super thin at certain positions.

This team needs athleticism at the 2 guard and small forward position in a major way. And one more big guy for depth.

Apr 10, 2021, 12:15 PM

There are not many good kids who want to come to a program where the offense is designed to score 50 or sometimes 60 points and the high scorer has 12 points. What fun is that

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Apr 10, 2021, 2:05 PM

seems like all the other ACC teams have picked up good transfers already. UNC just got one today from Virginia. NC State also got a guard from Virginia. Wake got a good center from Colorado. Virginia Tech got two good ones including the high scoring guard from Wofford and the big man at South Florida.

We are due to get a good transfer or two in next week to month or things look bleak for next season...

Apr 10, 2021, 8:17 PM

you mean the transfer that ends up with us because no one else wanted him?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2021, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: What is going on in Mens BB? ]

and Louisville just got transfer Noah Locke from Florida. we were recruiting him hard just like Franklin from Indiana who choose Virginia. Not looking good now...

Apr 10, 2021, 3:49 PM

Do yourself a favor and see nctigs thread. I posted an article in that thread that answers some of the Baylor debate.

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-basketball/forum/thread/so-this-is-our-roster-as-far-as-guards-and-wings-now-2066341

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Brownell has been here for 12 years...***

Apr 10, 2021, 5:38 PM

I think the players are bored (as well as the fans)

Apr 12, 2021, 10:50 AM

They wanna go play basketball ... you know taking it to the hoop and all that ... not hot potato and heave a brick on cue

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic