Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers to win the ACC tournament
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Tigers to win the ACC tournament

Mar 7, 2021, 7:07 PM

I know arguments that better teams have had for years have become us this season. Should we bow out early so we are ready & fresh for the NCAA tournament or should we just go ahead & win the ACC tournament.

I’m going for the easy ACC win this year, then worry about the NCAA final 4.

What say you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Tigers to win the ACC tournament

Mar 7, 2021, 7:09 PM

I think it’s good to at least win a game or two in ACCT to carry some momentum. But winning the ACCT would be gravy since we have never win it before.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2021, 7:12 PM

I’d say not to get ahead of ourselves and accomplish winning a first acc tournament. No reason to rest for a probable round 1-2 exit when we can fight for a trophy we’ve never had. Would be a successful season to me

Mar 7, 2021, 7:16 PM

I want so dearly to see Clemson Win it's first ever ACC Men's Basketball Tournament Championship before I leave this earth,so with that said let's give it a try this year and see what happens how bout it

Mar 7, 2021, 7:37 PM

I’d be much happier seeing them win an ACC Championship than getting to the final four.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2021, 7:44 PM

Why not Clemson

Mar 7, 2021, 8:33 PM

Your post "why not Clemson" brought a huge smile to my face. I sat at a prowl and growl about 9 or 10
years ago and listened to a coach who said "WHY NOT CLEMSON" and then went down a list of reasons
why WE SHOULD AND COULD win it all at Clemson. I was so fired up after that speech and said to myself
if I could get that motivated after a speech from this guy DABO what are the players going to do?
I think we have that answer now. Any way why not Clemson Basketball!!!!!!!! Go Tigers!!! Just Win!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2021, 8:19 PM

ACC championship is asking for a lot, so why not try and win that first, and do our best in the NCAA championship games to get as far as we can get, and if we win a championship in one or the other, great Basketball season!!!! But to win them both!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2021, 9:06 AM

I go into ever acc tourney thinking we are going to win it. You gotta believe.

It is interesting everyone fighting about seeding. I don't like the bye format. Give #1 (since we don't have a 16th team) a Bye and then everyone plays. 2 vs 15 and go.

Anyway, both sides of the bracket look harsh. On the bottom, you have VT and FSU and then UNC and UofL lurking. Lol at #10 Duke.

The top half isn't so bad I think. Sure UVA and GT (but we should be fair against them) but I would not discount Cuse/NCState a shot at UVA.

I would have preferred the other side of the bracket....

Mar 8, 2021, 9:17 AM

Perhaps as the 6 seed. Mainly because Va. Tech would have been the opponent. UVA owns us and GT is playing extremely well.
N.C. State and Cuse finished the season pretty well...they may be a tougher out than Duke or Louisville at this point.

I think VT missed seven conference games...mainly against good or decent teams and would not have been a 3 seed if they played even 2 or 3 of those. Unfortunately that sets up a path for unc.
FSU isn’t my favorite matchup, but we have at least split with them the past 2 years.

But I suppose it’s best to face your demons early...as would be the case with GT and then UVA

Re: I would have preferred the other side of the bracket....

Mar 8, 2021, 9:35 AM

I’d love to see this team get on a Sweet 16 run again, but as others have noted this week of the season has been an “off week” for the vast majority of Clemson’s tournament history. If there was one year where they could take advantage of a down conference this would be it. It would not take so much, as we need Honor and Dawes to hit 3’s, Simms to contribute in the paint, and someone from the bench to contribute 8-10 pts. Play good D and hopefully get an upset in our bracket.

Mar 8, 2021, 9:44 AM

Here are the gambling odds. I think they are underestimating us.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/acc-tournament-bracket-2021-schedule/11tk4yi4fj6nv1r67nju9g9tu5#:~:text=Odds%20to%20win%20ACC%20Tournament,%2C%20all%20at%20%2B500%20odds

Clemson is +1400. I think what that means is...

Mar 8, 2021, 11:51 AM

If you wager $100 on Clemson, and Clemson wins the whole tournament....

You get your stimulus check.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic