Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Whatta Basketball Head Coach...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Whatta Basketball Head Coach...

Mar 3, 2021, 11:10 PM

Leonard Hamilton is and he has done it at a Football school,no reason why the same can't be done at Clemson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whatta Basketball Head Coach...

Mar 3, 2021, 11:21 PM

I totally agree. You listen to Brownell's press conference and he basically says, we're not ever going to win a tournament because it's too tough to win multiple games in a row... And then whines about a short turnaround in the game Saturday. What's he think happens in tournaments when you play every night.

Every time I want to give him credit and believe in this team thinking it's all these other variables like we can't recruit, our facilities are poor, we don't spend money on coaches and recruiting yada yada... I listen to his press conference and he just whines all the time and unlike Dabo, he throws the players under the bus.

I'm sick of hearing him say the guys were too slow tonight and didn't execute. Get a clue coach, that's your job to motivate them and coach.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2021, 10:40 AM

User Logo
Clemgalalways
Head Coach [776]
TigerPulse: 93%
Re: Whatta Basketball Head Coach... [3]
Posted: Mar 3, 2021, 11:21 PM

I totally agree. You listen to Brownell's press conference and he basically says, we're not ever going to win a tournament because it's too tough to win multiple games in a row... And then whines about a short turnaround in the game Saturday. What's he think happens in tournaments when you play every night.

Every time I want to give him credit and believe in this team thinking it's all these other variables like we can't recruit, our facilities are poor, we don't spend money on coaches and recruiting yada yada... I listen to his press conference and he just whines all the time and unlike Dabo, he throws the players under the bus.

I'm sick of hearing him say the guys were too slow tonight and didn't execute. Get a clue coach, that's your job to motivate them and coach.

OK WHO IS THIS PAUL GOOBER THAT CALLS WCCP AND DOGS BROWNELL EVERY TIME WE LOSE A GAME. SHOW YOURSELF IF YOU HAVE A PAIR. YOU ARE A PATHETIC "SO CALLED" FAN AND PERSON IT SOUNDS LIKE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2021, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Whatta Basketball Head Coach... ]

I have not heard Brownell say that we're never going to win a tournament, but if he did and I was Dan Radakovich, my response would be quick and short.

I once had a manager that I had counseled many times about his inability to do the things he should do during the day as opposed to the things he wanted to do. The last time I tried to get him to improve his performance, his response was to say that no matter how much "fairy dust" I sprinkled on him it would not change his habits or results. I just looked at him and said "I do believe you're correct - now get a box for your stuff and stop by HR on the way out".

Link to where Brad said or implied that we aren't ever

Mar 4, 2021, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Whatta Basketball Head Coach... ]

going to win a tournament?!?

Brad has a winning record in NCAA Tournament play at Clemson, something that Rick Barnes, Oliver Purnell, and Cliff Ellis don't. Check out this post for our NCAA Tournament history, including a breakdown of our performance in relation to our seeding:

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/This-wont-take-long-to-answer-since-we-have-only-28686944

Under Bill Foster, we were 2-0 as the higher seed, and 1-1 as the lower seed. Overall NCAA Tournament record under Foster was 3-1.

Under Cliff Ellis, we were 1-1 as the higher seed, and 2-2 as the lower seed. Overall NCAA Tournament Record under Ellis was 3-3. If you remove the 1990 results, he was 1-2.

Under Rick Barnes, we were 2-1 as the higher seed, and 0-2 as the lower seed. Overall NCAA Tournament Record under Barnes was 2-3.

Under Oliver Purnell, we were 0-3 as the higher seed. We were never the lower seed. Overall NCAA Tournament record under Purnell was 0-3.

Under Brad Brownell, we were 1-0 as the higher seed, 1-2 as the lower seed, and 1-0 as an equal seed. Overall NCAA Tournament record under Brownell is 3-2.

Brad not only has a winning record in the NCAA Tournament at Clemson, but he has also never been one and done when he has gotten us there. He has always won when he is the higher seed, and has even won as the lower seed.

He has no reason to say that we won't win multiple games in a row, because we've done just that every single time he has gotten us into the Big Dance. For these reasons, I don't believe he ever said what you claim he did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 4, 2021, 10:10 AM

Leonard Hamilton is and he has done it at a Football school,no reason why the same can't be done at Clemson

Except 100+ years of history? So you think we can change coaches and magically have a top 25 program? BTW our budget and program means we would hire a younger unproven coach from a small school just like when CBB was hired. Not only would we lose recruits likely players would transfer as CBB is very respected by the current players.

Did you REALLY just type this . . . .

Mar 4, 2021, 10:13 AM

"So you think we can change coaches and magically have a top 25 program ?"

lol . . . . wow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Did you REALLY just type this . . . .

Mar 4, 2021, 12:23 PM

Exactly. Definition of a loser mentality

Mar 4, 2021, 10:32 AM

GO ask FSU if they want to trade their BB coach for our FB coach....

Also, LH is a prime example of why to keep a coach around for a long tenure... even if he can't place higher than 3rd in conference and often below in his first 9 years....

LH has done more in 20 years at football school fsu than

Mar 4, 2021, 11:16 AM

we have done in our entire history. And fsu had NO history before LH.

IT IS about the right coach.

2002-03 Florida State 14-15 .483
2003-04 Florida State 19-14 .576 NIT 2nd Round
2004-05 Florida State 12-19 .387
2005-06 Florida State 20-10 .667 NIT 2nd Round
2006-07 Florida State 22-13 .629 NIT Quarterfinals
2007-08 Florida State 19-15 .559 NIT 1st Round
2008-09 Florida State 25-10 .714 NCAA 1st Round, ACC Championship Game
2009-10 Florida State 22-10 .688 NCAA First Round
2010-11 Florida State 23-11 .676 NCAA Sweet 16
2011-12 Florida State 25-10 .714 NCAA 3rd Round, ACC Champions
2012-13 Florida State 18-16 .529 NIT 1st Round

I musta missed our ACC Championship and our 2nd appearance in the ACC Championship game and our regular season ACC Champions (which isn't a "real" thing but still a thing) . . . under CBB.

LH's first 11 years are above. Looks nothing like our 11 years under CBB.

BTW - here is the rest of LH's fsu resume . . . .

2013-14 Florida State 22-14 .611 NIT Semifinals
2014-15 Florida State 17-16 .515
2015-16 Florida State 20-14 .588 NIT 2nd Round
2016-17 Florida State 26-9 .743 NCAA Second Round
2017-18 Florida State 23-12 .657 NCAA West Regional Finals
2018-19 Florida State 29-8 .784 NCAA West Regional Semifinals
2019-20 Florida State 26-5 .839 Regular Season ACC Champions
2020-21 Florida State 15-4 .789

It is about the coach and the staff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

FSU had some really good teams under Pat Kennedy.***

Mar 4, 2021, 11:20 AM

We had "some" really good teams under Bill Foster & Cliff

Mar 4, 2021, 11:29 AM

Ellis & Rick Barnes . . . .

Sure did. And “OPP”***

Mar 4, 2021, 12:53 PM

Re: LH has done more in 20 years at football school fsu than

Mar 4, 2021, 11:46 AM [ in reply to LH has done more in 20 years at football school fsu than ]

LOL: look up Hugh Durham. Not only that but FSU came oh-so close to beating UCLA. No hisotry.... sigh.

Yeah, OP was our coach with LH took over and was initially out-pacing LH in progress. What happened?

However, LH didn't have to worry about being homeless in his middle years. Unless you know when he had to play his come games Panama City... because his facilities were built just before he arrived and then updated in 2014. FSU finished their facility upgrade, brought in LH which was a known, long-haul builder (see Miami). It was a good match.

But most importantly, FSU did not get itch after some 8-10 seasons and some 4 straight NCAA misses.

I mean look at this record: Our own "only pay attention to the record" folks would be losing their mind!
25-10
18-16
22-14
17-16

I agree. Those pesky "only pay attention to the record" folk

Mar 4, 2021, 12:28 PM

are real jackwads.

That's why I brought up ACC Championships and playing for ACC Championships & stuff . . . .

Re: I agree. Those pesky "only pay attention to the record" folk

Mar 4, 2021, 1:30 PM

Lol and the funny thing is that LH might actually have a small reputation for being bounced early from the ACC tourney - at least when his team did well in the regular season. His teams do have the ability to make a run but it is not something regular about it. The only real thing we can say is that he tends to do really well when the Tourney is played in ATL rather than greensboro.

He did have a strong run in 2012 (about the same time Miami won everything too... and then a few years later ND, etc). Runner up in 2009 and the last one.

1 ACC tourney champ and two runner-ups. Ok I guess over how many years. Then again, between '62 and 07 we have not done much as a program. At least that 8/9 play-in seed isn't the Clemson gGame anymore.

Watch out what u wish for. He had to lose the

Mar 4, 2021, 11:33 AM

Football program to get it done

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Facilities, bruh..***

Mar 4, 2021, 12:52 PM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic