Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congrats Clemson men's hoops- unranked yet again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,544

Congrats Clemson men's hoops- unranked yet again

Mar 2, 2021, 2:21 PM

Use the snub to win these last 2 and get the double bye

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congrats Clemson men's hoops- unranked yet again

Mar 2, 2021, 3:18 PM

28 or 29th ranked is not too bad. It’s a very subjective argument with so many teams with unbalanced schedules. I would pay much more attention where our bracket matrix is which is a solid 6th seed across most of the board.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2021, 3:34 PM

Like I have said before, Brad needs to borrow the ROY Bus from Dabo.

Mar 2, 2021, 3:34 PM

Motor-vation

Mar 2, 2021, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Congrats Clemson men's hoops- unranked yet again ]

Then that would put us between 24-27 with overall seeding.

I'm just heartbroken.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2021, 3:46 PM

We are 15-5

There are 15 teams with more L than us (granted more games for the B10), and even two that have more L and fewer Ws. I even feel bad for Houston (scheduling asside) at 20-3 and behind a 18-7 Iowa and most of the B10. The B10 is riding those challenge wins over Duke/UNC - ya know, the mid-tier teams. Funny, the top 5 of the ACC only had one loss to the B10 but the big 10 is 'good".

We beat #8 Alabama 19-6
We beat #23 Purdue 16-9

And Purdue is ranked 4th in the B10 - so we should be ranked 3rd in the B10 and thus ranked next to #5 Iowa (18-7).

Don't tell me the prestige of the ACC in basketball hasn't

Mar 2, 2021, 5:03 PM

suffered lately. Back in the late 70's, all the way through the 90's, being fifth place in the ACC MIGHT even mean you were top 15 in the whole country, certainly well inside the top 25. All four North Carolina schools, Maryland, GT, and sometimes even Clemson would all be ranked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't tell me the prestige of the ACC in basketball hasn't

Mar 2, 2021, 5:15 PM

Was NC State ever really ranked in the 90s?

I disagree. There were years where the ACC had 4/5+ teams ranked, but just as many with only 2 ranked teams. Normally it was 3 ranked teams with the normal Duke/UNC plus one spoiler. NC State, then GT, then the Vriginia/Wake years. In the 70s it was only 2-3 ranked teams, 80s about 3. Thats it.

What you normally had was a ranked ACC team slotted a few positions below in the standings. So #15 Duke would be 7th in the ACC with three unranked teams ahead. Virginia did this, ranked top 20 but 4-8 in conference.

In 97 we only had 2 ranked teams, #3 Duke and #1 UNC. But had 5 in '93 and '96. Not sure if we had 6... but then again, that 93 year, GT won the ACC and was NOT one of the 5 ranked schools

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,544
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic