Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
5th PLACE - 5th PLACE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,004

5th PLACE - 5th PLACE

Mar 24, 2021, 4:14 PM

I am honestly so sick of the narrative about our big 5th place finish in the ACC, it is SO FAKE (really wish the conference had used a formula to seed teams in the conference tournament to account for the unbalanced schedule). And because we like stats, here they are:

4. GT 11-6 (9 home & 8 away)
5. Clemson 10-6 (9 home & 7 away)
6. UNC 10-6 (7 home & 9 away)
7. Louisville 8-5 (6 home & 7 away)
8. Syracuse 9-7 (8 home & 8 away)
9. NC St. 9-8 (8 home & 9 away)

So as you see we had by far the most favorable home and away breakdown for our played ACC games vs every other team around us. Just to play it out and say every team played their 20 games and wins all there missed home games and loses (not a big assumption to take for Clemson) all their away games, the standings would have been:

4. UNC 13-7
5. Louisville 12-8
6. GT 12-8
7. Syracuse 11-9
8. Clemson 11-9
9. NC St. 11-9

So 8th place, I know this is making assumptions, but the 5th place finish people on here like to brag about was strictly a figment of the imagination and the benefit of the home/road breakout vs the competition near us in the standings.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5th PLACE - 5th PLACE

Mar 24, 2021, 5:31 PM

Fortunately teams aren’t ranked on assumptions. Away games were less challenging with limited attendance so I’m not sure you could assume Clemson would lose every road game. The out of conference wins (on the road) were very impressive to many folks. Not so much from some of its not so loyal fan base! I’m excited for next season. Sorry you aren’t. There is a team in Columbia needing support.

Mar 24, 2021, 5:37 PM

Pipe dreamer! With Brownell 5th will be the highest finish in the next 3 seasons. I'd trade basketball to get track back! Clemson basketball both men and women's is just a sport to fill a building. Brownell can go away please!!

Mar 24, 2021, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: 5th PLACE - 5th PLACE ]

Not sure how you can be excited about next season with the transfers... Unless you're thinking we'll get a few impact players. The ones transferring out were our best bet on having something.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson had 0

Mar 24, 2021, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Re: 5th PLACE - 5th PLACE ]

out of Conference road wins and in fact played 0 out of conference road games. We won two road games all season, Miami on the final possession and Wake, and got humiliated in the five losses. So I don’t think it’s a stretch to think that 0-3 is unreasonable for the three missed games, UNC, Notre Dame and Pittsburgh.

Re: Clemson had 0

Mar 24, 2021, 6:20 PM

My bad Johnny. I was really mad because I didn’t get to see the Alabama,Maryland, Pardue and Miss State games in Littlejohn. Wait til next year!

Mar 24, 2021, 5:39 PM

Our cancellations were the worst teams in the league.

We had games canes canceled against Pittsburgh, wake forest and BC.

Likewise, VT had games canceled against Virginia, FSU twice, UNC, and Louisville.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2021, 6:37 PM

You don’t sound like a “fan”. Are you really a fan? TIA

Mar 24, 2021, 7:33 PM

Hey Johnny at 20%, where did the gamecocks finish in their conference and nationally ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2021, 8:13 PM

Give Johnny a break. I think he’s a Vol! That’s even worse!

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,004
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic