Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell’s salary compared to other D1 coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Brownell’s salary compared to other D1 coaches

Mar 25, 2021, 9:58 PM

Can’t believe he makes more than Leonard Hamilton and Juwon Howard

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell’s salary compared to other D1 coaches

Mar 25, 2021, 10:06 PM

Leonard Hamilton is the best value in the country. After another sweet sixteen he will be getting a good raise.

Yeah, almost $3 million are we getting good value for Brad?

Just noticed BB makes more than Mark Few at Gonzaga!

Mar 25, 2021, 10:27 PM

Wow

Re: Just noticed BB makes more than Mark Few at Gonzaga!

Mar 25, 2021, 10:40 PM

Yeah, Few doesn't really make that much, but he is never leaving.

Gonzaga just doesn't have the money I would guess***

Mar 26, 2021, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Just noticed BB makes more than Mark Few at Gonzaga! ]

Brat BrowHell obviously has some dirt on DRad that Jack Leggett didn’t

Mar 25, 2021, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell’s salary compared to other D1 coaches ]

Leggett should be suing DRad and Clemson for his termination while Brat Brownhell is able to continue his pathetic excuse for a program here at Clemson! We are about to lose yet another future star in Hall and it goes to show players with true talent are not developed but indeed hindered by the “coaching” of Brat Brownhell who is DRads buddy as well as WCCP’s hero because they lack objectivity because Brownhell kisses the station managers butt and gives him lots of latitudes and freebies to make him like him. Kick me off if you like but the truth is the truth “Judge Kellar!” If you kick me off for speaking the truth it’s censorship and that’s a slippery slope especially for WCCP and Tigernet. Anyway I’ve known Crump since about 1997 as well as his brother and spent time with him on the sidelines as a fellow member of the media.
WCCP had lost ALL objectivity over the Brat Brownhell situation and think a fifth place finish and then losing to Miami and Rutgers is awesome. Players, including his great recruiting class, are jetting for programs with better offensive prowess and who can blame them.
Remember the having to play in Greenville excuse.? It’s always some excuse. At Clemson we can do much better in terms of recruiting, winning and player retention. But we will keep the status quo and lose again as excuses will abound.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brat BrowHell obviously has some dirt on DRad that Jack Leggett didn’t

Mar 25, 2021, 11:26 PM

Where did you see Hall is leaving?

Some clown posted his "inside sources" at Dorman said it

Mar 27, 2021, 8:12 AM

But that was before we found out O-Max was the other player leaving. Not Hall.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2021, 10:44 PM

Coach BB is 52 out of 84 coaches; has taken us to two NCAAs in the last 4 years including a sweet 16. I would not say that we are giving him a great deal. But you are right; some other coaches deserve salary raises.

Mar 25, 2021, 10:57 PM

Coach BB is 52 out of 84 coaches; has taken us to two NCAAs in the last 4 years including a sweet 16. I would not say that we are giving him a great deal. But you are right; some other coaches deserve salary raises.

those salaries are not very up to date. Brad will be making close to $3 million next year.

Mar 26, 2021, 8:20 AM

Thanks. My comment was based on what I saw.

Mar 25, 2021, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell’s salary compared to other D1 coaches ]

Basketball coaches are grossly overpaid when you realize that football generates about 8x the gross revenue for schools that basketball does but P5 football coaches are only paid about 2x on average what the basketball coaches makes. These are very rough estimates and there are certainly outliers. But by and large basketball coaches consume a much greater share of their gross revenue than football coaches. And both are absurdly overpaid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2021, 11:25 PM

But if you look at the total money into football it makes sense. Remember football staffs including coordinators and other assistant coaches is a lot more than basketball staffs including assistant coaches. Football still has a lot higher paid staffs than basketball.

Mar 26, 2021, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell’s salary compared to other D1 coaches ]

has taken us to two NCAAs in the last 4 years

He's also taken us to 2 NCAAs in the last 10 years...

Mar 27, 2021, 12:29 AM

Si if we go to the NCAA again next year, you will say that we have been to only three NCAAs in the last 11 years and still want to fire him?

So he’s the 9th highest paid in the ACC

Mar 25, 2021, 11:12 PM

That is about what we are getting overall

Re: So he’s the 9th highest paid in the ACC

Mar 25, 2021, 11:35 PM

Except his average finish is 6.8 so he is a great deal for clemson

Re: So he’s the 9th highest paid in the ACC

Mar 28, 2021, 8:22 PM

? 7th, 9th? What’s the freaking difference? in the middle of the pack, mediocre, nothing more

Mar 26, 2021, 2:29 AM

Not my place to make a call but they aren’t going to fire Brad until he has a bad season or two consecutively.

It would be cool to see how #### Bender would do as coach. He has been a faithful assistant who loves Clemson.

We need to keep the fire BB talk in house because it hurts our recruiting & player confidence.

If we could find a Certain great softball player to give us a boost. I’d love to see Dabo help Brad coach & give him some pointers on getting recruits & keeping them by developing them into champions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Mar 26, 2021, 8:34 AM

Not my place to make a call but they aren’t going to fire Brad until he has a bad season or two consecutively.

It would be cool to see how #### Bender would do as coach. He has been a faithful assistant who loves Clemson.

We need to keep the fire BB talk in house because it hurts our recruiting & player confidence.

If we could find a Certain great softball player to give us a boost. I’d love to see Dabo help Brad coach & give him some pointers on getting recruits & keeping them by developing them into champions.

Coach Bender is prickly. He doesn’t enjoy relationships with players. He is awkwardly introverted and affects social skills.
Coach Brownell does not have relationships with his players. He doesn’t enjoy coaching young men who are different than the Hoosier star Jimmy. Someone please offer him a job in IPTAY. He would be great with donors and he works hard. We need a coach who gets these young folks.

Mar 26, 2021, 10:48 AM

Doesn't have relationships with his players? Is that why Simms and Trapp came to his defense?

We should go after Mark Few at Gonzaga...

Mar 26, 2021, 8:46 AM

Offer to double his salary

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: We should go after Mark Few at Gonzaga...

Mar 26, 2021, 10:52 AM

If you're Mark Few, why would you ever leave Gonzaga? It would just be for the money. He knows he a lock for the NCAAT every year. He is recruiting at an elite level AND poaching top transfers. He's a millionaire.

As a Brownell supporter, if Mark Few would come for double his current salary, I will help BB pack.

Getting Mark Few for $4 million annually would be a steal***

Mar 26, 2021, 11:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Getting Mark Few for $4 million annually would be a steal***

Mar 26, 2021, 6:40 PM

Mark Few is not going anywhere.

Mar 26, 2021, 9:46 AM

So BB ranks 10th in the ACC. Only really ahead of the newbies, and LH.

Keep in hind that Hamilton was on the hot-seat a few years ago too. He took a lower pay high buy out - but you never know about the negotiations.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic