Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Starting lineup next year in basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Starting lineup next year in basketball

Mar 23, 2021, 12:11 PM

Here is what I would like to see as our starting lineup.

PG: Al Amir Dawes (Jr.): easily our most promising PG prospect brownell has signed.

SG: Alex Hemingway (Jr): our best pure shooter since TO. Hopefully he will take another step in his development in the offseason

SF: Hunter Tyson (Jr.) this position is up for grabs with the transfer of Newman. I’m hoping we can sign a nice slasher SF in the transfer market. Im expecting a big improvement from him next year.

PF: O-Max (soph): I was surprised how big he played this past year. I thought he was going to be similar to grantham, but he can bang down low. I’m expecting a huge improvement from him next year and think he has a very bright future here at Clemson.

C: Pj Hall (soph): he started well this year but kind of faded down the stretch. I expect a substantial improvement next year. He’s got good post moves and a sweet mid range game.

Key reserves:

Nick Honor (PG)I think Honor, Dawes, and Hemingway should split time almost equally between the PG and SG spot. So that would mean about 25 minutes per game between the 3
Of them.

Lynn Kidd (C): should be a solid back up at center and should get decent minutes. One of the highest rated recruits signed under brownell.

Chase Hunter (SG): don’t like bashing our players but he didn’t do much at all this year. He looks like he has the tools to be good but it seems he lacks confidence. I don’t expect him to get a ton of minutes next year and don’t really understand why he got so much this year.

Potential transfer: really want the player from Davidson. Dude is a stud. Either way we should expect a transfer that will contribute next year.

We won’t be nearly as deep of a team next year, which I think is a good thing. It seemed some players couldn’t get into a groove this year due to how many players we played. I think we should be better offensively but worse defensively. What say you?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Starting lineup next year in basketball***

Mar 23, 2021, 12:20 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Starting lineup next year in basketball***

Mar 23, 2021, 12:24 PM

I agree overall.

Trust me if we get Grady from Davidson he will be starting at 2 guard or small forward from day one. He was 1st team All Atlantic 10 one of the best mid major conferences.

It’s not Hemingway.

Mar 23, 2021, 12:21 PM

Why is that so hard for people?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s not Hemingway.

Mar 23, 2021, 12:30 PM

Sorry row. Now move along and go cry about us not firing brownell. There are plenty of threads to go to where people agree with you.

Aren’t you the one that stated they barely watched any regular season games this year? I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure
It was you.

No. You’re wrong.

Mar 23, 2021, 12:33 PM

Don’t know how much I’ll watch next year.
But I’m sure I’ll torture myself and watch them all, like usual.

That Ernest Hemingway guy can really shoot, though!

Re: No. You’re wrong.

Mar 23, 2021, 12:51 PM

Cool. Thanks for your input. You seem to be very knowledgable about basketball.

Yes. Thank you. Same to you.

Mar 23, 2021, 1:02 PM

Gotta get back to work now, and make sure I get at least half of everything done right.

We always think we will improve offensively but never do. Chasing the

Mar 23, 2021, 1:47 PM

proverbial dragon on that one. Better crank up the transfer portal and hope someone remarkable spits out or were in trouble. I’ll be shocked if we finish above .500 next season.

Re: We always think we will improve offensively but never do. Chasing the

Mar 23, 2021, 2:25 PM

We have only finished below .500 once in his 11 seasons here. So your prediction is likely way off. EspeciLly considering this will be one of brownells most talented teams.

Re: Starting lineup next year in basketball

Mar 23, 2021, 1:53 PM

This isn't terrible. The development of PJ Hall and O-Max would be critical, obviously.

We would need Hemenway and Tyson to shoot the 3 really really well.

Dawes would have to carry this team IMO.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic