Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scott Drew is just a flash in the pan. This month's favorite
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Scott Drew is just a flash in the pan. This month's favorite

Apr 6, 2021, 3:25 PM

flavor if you will.

Just wait until he's been there eleven years. By then, Baylor's record of accomplishments will pale in comparison to that of Clemson.

Some of you bandwagon hopper-on-ers really blow my mind.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Scott Drew is just a flash in the pan. This month's favorite

Apr 6, 2021, 3:30 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2021, 3:31 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I understand why you are saying that.

Apr 6, 2021, 3:39 PM

Both Drew and Brownell had three NCAA Tourney appearances their first 11 years at their respective schools.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Baylor will always envy our trophy case.

Apr 6, 2021, 3:41 PM

THAT is what I'm saying.

Re: Baylor will always envy our trophy case.

Apr 6, 2021, 3:50 PM

Imagine what Baylor could have done with Coach Brownell at the helm. It wouldn't be fair.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Toatally agree with you.

Apr 6, 2021, 3:51 PM

Re: Toatally agree with you.

Apr 6, 2021, 3:52 PM

Sometimes people forget that success isn't gauged by wins and losses in college basketball.

Especially not in the postseason***

Apr 6, 2021, 3:53 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or during brunch at Captain D's.

Apr 6, 2021, 3:59 PM

Brownell is the GOAT. We’re lucky to have him.***

Apr 6, 2021, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Baylor will always envy our trophy case. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it Hasn’t always been

Apr 6, 2021, 3:48 PM [ in reply to I understand why you are saying that. ]

A smooth ride for Drew at Baylor. Baylor was in ncaa troubles when Drew came on board several years ago. He righted the ship by bringing in some good players and relied on transfers as well. I remember he got a transfer just as the Tigers did from UNCA who really helped his program. His team went through a tough time this season after having COVID shut them down for several weeks. Like the Tigers, he lost some keys guys after missing practice time. But, to his credit, he got his kids playing at a high level when it counted.

Re: I understand why you are saying that.

Apr 6, 2021, 7:49 PM [ in reply to I understand why you are saying that. ]

Wrong, Drew had 4 in his first 11 years. Pretty good considering Baylor had 0 NCAA tourney appearances in the previous 15 years before Drew, and only 1 in the previous 53 years

Apr 6, 2021, 3:47 PM

Nobody inherited a worse situation that him either. The team was ineligible his first year due to the prior coach paying players and then there was the one player that murdered the other player. Good times. Since the 4th year after Baylor was eligible, he took them to 9 out of 13 possible NCAA Tournaments, round of 32, sweet 16 twice, elite 8 twice, run-up and won the NIT for what it's worth, and won a National Title. It's safe to say his luck is about to run out. Baylor just caught lightning in a bottle. This guy is a sham. I will take what we have any day of the week.

"SoCalled" basketball fans will fall for just about anything

Apr 6, 2021, 3:50 PM

It's sad.

Apr 6, 2021, 8:01 PM

bandwagon hopper-on-ers like negative nellie's bus

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic