Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sean Miller out at Arizona...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Sean Miller out at Arizona...

Apr 7, 2021, 4:58 PM

Wonder if Brad Brownell likes the desert...?

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1379839534452641798?s=20

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting !!!

Apr 7, 2021, 5:12 PM

Let's conduct a bit of a comparison just for ***** and giggles.

Miller compiled a 302-109 (.735) record in 12 seasons at Arizona including 7 NCAA Tournament appearances 3 of which the team made it to the Elite Eight, and this guy is out on his a$$.

Meanwhile, in 11 season at Clemson, Brown L is 201-150 (.573) with 3 NCAA Tournament appearances. Remind me again why he's still here? Oh that's right, because the Clemson athletic administration places a very low priority level on men's hoops.

How nice would it be to read a similar quote from DRad?

"After taking the many factors involved into account, we simply believe that we need a fresh start and now is the time. I want to thank Brad for his service to the university and wish him the very best in the future."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

His termination probably had more to do with this...

Apr 7, 2021, 5:16 PM

"The NCAA charged the school with five Level I violations, according to a notice of allegations released last month."

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1379845002336026625

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Interesting !!!

Apr 7, 2021, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Interesting !!! ]

Last 3 years:

Sean Miller 55-35 overall, 29-27 in PAC-12, no NCAA appearances, NCAA sanctions.

Brad Brownell 52-37 overall, 28-26 in ACC, NCAA appearance, no NCAA sanctions.

Arizona is historically one of the best programs in their conference, while Clemson is historically one of the worst.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Apr 7, 2021, 7:50 PM

Last 3 years:

Sean Miller 55-35 overall, 29-27 in PAC-12, no NCAA appearances, NCAA sanctions.

Brad Brownell 52-37 overall, 28-26 in ACC, NCAA appearance, no NCAA sanctions.

Arizona is historically one of the best programs in their conference, while Clemson is historically one of the worst.

So your saying Brad would be a great candidate there, eh Judge?

We will learn a lot about how actual basketball

Apr 7, 2021, 8:15 PM

professionals and not T-Net goofballs like ourselves feel about Brownell by the amount of feelers and offers he attracts such as this while he is in a mobile contract status here and not too expensive a hire.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your mistake is assuming that you will hear about every inquiry he gets.***

Apr 7, 2021, 11:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

How his contract is extended and the size of any new

Apr 8, 2021, 10:54 AM

guarantees, if any, will tell the tale of the tape here. The level of competition for his services will dictate this. Don't be blind to that, Tiger friend. You don't have to be privy to every detail to achieve that kind of clarity.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I partly disagree with this.

Apr 8, 2021, 11:54 AM

His contract and extension status will largely be based on Clemson's level of satisfaction with the job he has done, and Clemson's confidence in his abilities in the future.

The threat of someone else plucking him away could be a factor in the contract, but if Clemson is only mildly pleased with Brad he won't be locked into a long-term deal with a big buyout regardless of the interest he has gotten or will get in the future.

If we love him and are convinced that he's our coach regardless of what happens in the future, he will be locked in to protect any potential suitors, now and in the future.

In other words, I think it's overly simplistic to say that a long-term contract with a big buyout means that he has gotten a lot of interest from other schools and a shorter-term contract without a big buyout means that he hasn't.

Apr 8, 2021, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Interesting !!! ]

BigCUFan® said:

Let's conduct a bit of a comparison just for ***** and giggles.

Miller compiled a 302-109 (.735) record in 12 seasons at Arizona including 7 NCAA Tournament appearances 3 of which the team made it to the Elite Eight, and this guy is out on his a$$.

Meanwhile, in 11 season at Clemson, Brown L is 201-150 (.573) with 3 NCAA Tournament appearances. Remind me again why he's still here? Oh that's right, because the Clemson athletic administration places a very low priority level on men's hoops.

How nice would it be to read a similar quote from DRad?

"After taking the many factors involved into account, we simply believe that we need a fresh start and now is the time. I want to thank Brad for his service to the university and wish him the very best in the future."

It’s actually kind of cute how “fans” that know nothing about basketball use every job opening, transfer, or recruit going elsewhere to bash brownell.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sean Miller out at Arizona...

Apr 7, 2021, 5:28 PM

They "finished no better than fifth in each of the past three seasons, going 29-27 in conference play" plus the NCAA charged the school with five Level I violations.

Bill Self will be next.

Apr 7, 2021, 5:42 PM

They have about the same number of Level I violations filed against them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But Kansas just gave him a “lifetime” contract.

Apr 7, 2021, 6:05 PM

Unless the FBI arrests him, I don’t think the NCAA has the balls to do anything to him.

~JKB

Re: But Kansas just gave him a “lifetime” contract.

Apr 7, 2021, 8:00 PM

Self's new contract includes a clause that says the school cannot terminate him for cause “due to any current infractions matter that involves conduct that occurred on or prior to” the signing of the new contract.

https://www.usnews.com/news/sports/articles/2021-04-02/kansas-gives-bill-self-contract-to-keep-him-until-retirement

Re: Bill Self will be next.

Apr 7, 2021, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Bill Self will be next. ]

With his new lifetime contract?

Apr 7, 2021, 5:44 PM

nctigs said:

Wonder if Brad Brownell likes the desert...?

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1379839534452641798?s=20

Wondering if you will try to link CBB to every job opening as it can get tiresome and childish.

Apr 7, 2021, 7:51 PM

The question is; if Coach Brownell is such a great coach why don’t these great opportunities open for him? UNC, Arizona and others have not contacted Clemson asking to talk to him about their opening.

Apr 7, 2021, 7:56 PM

waterboyII said:

The question is; if Coach Brownell is such a great coach why don’t these great opportunities open for him? UNC, Arizona and others have not contacted Clemson asking to talk to him about their opening.

A $425k buyout is just too much to muster up for...

Because basketball schools realize that Brad doesn’t have experience

Apr 7, 2021, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Sean Miller out at Arizona... ]

coaching at a basketball school.

HTH.

Apr 7, 2021, 8:47 PM

Heard Josh Pastner may take it. Go from one worm to another

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would be surprised if they hired Pastner.

Apr 7, 2021, 9:13 PM

He hasn’t exactly set the world on fire at GT. They won the ACC this year but it seems to be an anomaly more than a trend.

Re: I would be surprised if they hired Pastner.

Apr 8, 2021, 11:17 AM

Even moreso, the NCAA banned GT the previous year from the tournament for infractions DURING Pastners tenure and within his personal/professional circle.

I strongly doubt that Arizona would target a coach with any NCAA violation issues at this time.

I'd say he's in the Portal to Prison

Apr 7, 2021, 10:47 PM

He has all kinds of major infractions & is a top target in the FBI investigation.

Re: I'd say he's in the Portal to Prison

Apr 8, 2021, 11:15 AM

I bet AZ goes with Miles Simon. You're going to need a "family" member to take this job given the unknowns with the NCAA.

That makes a lot of sense.

Apr 8, 2021, 11:58 AM

He is a legend from his days playing there. I believe he was the MOP in their national championship win. Then he played in the NBA some, and returned to Arizona to be an assistant coach. He also has good coaching experience as an assistant for the Lakers.

He checks off all of the boxes.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic