Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is a weird year in my eyes.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,798

This is a weird year in my eyes.....

Apr 17, 2021, 9:40 PM

I know some aren't going to agree just based off past performance, especially post season wise, but this year I thought was going to be a hard one to predict. You have to remember how young this team is and that a lot of the young guys from last years team only played 16 or 17 games. They were unable to play ball almost all of last year except for the nit of practice they got with the team here or there. So when this team started back up this year it had been practically a year since they have played competitively. Yes other teams dealt with the same thing but not with the inexperience this team had. I'm not saying people shouldn't be upset because this is CLEMSON BASEBALL. It's held to a higher standard than probably any sport historically at Clemson. So it's a reasonable response to want to fire everyone when there is a bad year but got me personally I believe next year is the year when we will see what this team is made of. There are some young pieces here. With that said though Clemson baseball is Clemson baseball, you don't get Brownell time coaching baseball. Either turn it around and start winning or get to steppin sooner than later.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is a weird year in my eyes.....

Apr 17, 2021, 11:21 PM

I see where you're coming from for this year. Guess I got excited reading preseason press clips and Monte talking about this being his best pitchers he's had at Clemson etc.

However, and I've posted this before and others as well. Fundamentals have not been a trademark of monte's teams. Bottom line though, he's failing in recruiting. I know, ppl Google baseball recruiting and get dazzled that Monte has a 10th ranked class. but the facts are you have to look at September for the real rankings. The ones where juco and transfers and commits actually enroll. Well, that top class turned into 28th for 2020. That's about where he's averaged too.

Recruiting isn't everything because Dabo proved you can develop. The pitchers monte's had have not developed. His plate philosophy stinks to put it mildly.

Look at his overall body of work and not just cherry pick certain stats that fit an agenda. We've feasted off the middle to below average ACC talent as well as mid week, mid major talent to build up W's. Looks great on paper to have a record on 38-18 but once we've gotten into the regionals, we've gotten creamed by superior talent. I applaud or rival to the south. Tanner hasn't done crap for most sports but he didn't mess around with Holbrook. Because Monte and Holbrook were recruiting equal and the coots fell to bottom SEC.

Kingston we'll see if he sustains the top ten talent. It appears he has. The Miami coach, his first real recruiting class was #1. He got the top 100 talent to enroll. So you know in 3 to 4 years what you got. Yes, this year is an anomaly. We will win more games next year but as for being competitive to make it to Omaha, no chance.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2021, 2:20 PM

What you see out of this team after 30 games this season will be about the same next year also.
There is just not enough talent on this roster to be a contender in high level College baseball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2021, 2:55 PM

Thanks. You said what it took me a book to say.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,798
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic