Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I really hope Monte and the Tigers...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 51

I really hope Monte and the Tigers...

Apr 19, 2021, 11:17 PM

understand the importance of having a winning record this year and the winning tradition that coach Wilhelm and coach Leggett's teams built by having all those winning season since 1958

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I really hope Monte and the Tigers...

Apr 19, 2021, 11:18 PM

He don’t care! He eats pressure like Candy! He needs to be canned !

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you think they need to be reminded how important it is to win?***

Apr 19, 2021, 11:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I really hope Monte and the Tigers...

Apr 19, 2021, 11:38 PM

They can give us a nice start tomorrow. It'd be a sad sad day to break that record. Like you, I've never known anything but winning... At one point, I didn't think we could ever lose to UVA. That day too was a sad broken record.

Sunday's game was huge (hope not should say) because I think we could've played 500 ball. Now we have to play 600 ball. Think we can take the wake and Duke series but it may take a sweep... Or two.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This team is entirely too inconsistent...

Apr 20, 2021, 8:21 AM

from both a hitting and pitching standpoint to bank on being able to sweep any series.

I think everyone universally acknowledged that pitching would be a weakness this season but I don't think anyone envisioned hitting being nearly as problematic as it has become.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: This team is entirely too inconsistent...

Apr 20, 2021, 9:58 AM

Unfortunately, this team needs needs fundamental baseball training again. They have done nothing well this season except making the same mistakes over and over again. Hitting, pitching, base running, and fielding seems to be absent. I remember as a Little Leaguer, our coach taught these things to us over and over again. We were a well coached team and seldom did the opposing team beat us because of our mistakes. Went undefeated 2 years in a row because the fundamentals were preached to us. This Clemson team needs some in depth training.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2021, 10:08 AM

It’s hard to compare little league to a major D1 college program. At this level, talent and coaching are king. Yes fundamentals are the foundation but these kids wouldn’t be playing D1 baseball if they weren’t fundamentally sound.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2021, 10:27 AM

I believe 2000 is just saying that fundamentals are what a player builds upon. That is baseball. No matter what kind of talent you have, if you can’t be productive, meaning advance runners, steal bases, make a catch at first base, you’re giving the opposing team the opportunity to beat you.
My son’s middle school team advanced runners the other night by bunting, and they won. The opposing team was expecting big hits into the outfield, not bunts. A lot of times baseball is not about talent, but about playing smart and just making a play, doesn’t have to be over the fence. Prime example: New York Yankees. All the talent that money can buy and they are currently last in their division.

Apr 20, 2021, 10:13 AM [ in reply to This team is entirely too inconsistent... ]

Yet Monte and the media said pitching was our strong suit this year. Alluded to the fact our pen was as deep and good as any team he's had. ??

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2021, 10:33 AM

I’m to the point of thinking that Monte has been saying and throwing whatever out there to see what sticks. Whatever he says needs to be taken with a grain of salt. It’s hard to take him seriously right now. I don’t even know if his players take him seriously right now.

Replies: 9
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic