Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball I’ll always be a fan but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Baseball I’ll always be a fan but

Apr 18, 2021, 10:05 AM

I’ll always be a fan of Clemson baseball. But I am disappointed in how the year has went. It’s so hard to watch them lose the way they are losing. I know this team has the talent to win at least 30 games. But that’s not gonna happen this year and I don’t see Clemson making a regional. Just hope we can forget about this year of baseball. And Next season is back to Clemson baseball we all know

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball I’ll always be a fan but

Apr 18, 2021, 10:56 AM

I'm as dishearten as anyone with our Baseball results, but I don't think that we should expect any changes going forward until Lee makes some changes in the way he coaches, or changes with his assistant coaches!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2021, 11:04 AM

He’s trash ! Southern conf coach at best !

If I hear launch angle this and that anymore I think I will puke ! Average of 10 k s a game !0

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2021, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Baseball I’ll always be a fan but ]

Also we eat pressure like Candy !

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2021, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Baseball I’ll always be a fan but ]

The sad part is baseball was a strong part of our athletics. Monte has slowly moved us to a simple mid range program that gets good talent but very few of these players are developed. Too much "hero hitting for the HR". Who cares if Brewer hits Hr every now and then but bats at 200. I am critical of basketball but this has not been a top program because we have not taken the time to work on it, and that is shown by how long we have held on to Brownal. These two programs now have coaches that do not develop players and do not have the skill set to grow the program. Hope we move on baseball before it is too late. Basketball coaching has been ignored for way too long.

Apr 18, 2021, 12:28 PM

Baseball for an expensive state school with a limited foundation for academic scholarships is a structural issue that just can’t be overcome at the 11.7 scholly limit. It was hard enough competing against the MLB draft.

The key to turning this program around is to hire a staff that has a proven record developing players so that Clemson can try to get the best available in-state talent and turn them into solid contributors. Clemson can still get the occasional pro prospect from out of state but the cost of attendance is too steep to build a roster that way with partial scholarships. They also need to look more closely at the transfer portal to fill gaps.

I have become convinced Lee and the staff can’t develop the players well enough to be a top ACC program again.

Apr 18, 2021, 12:45 PM

I'm afraid Monte is the Tommy Bowden of the baseball program. I don't believe he will ask a coach for his resignation even though his area is weak. A hitting coach is desperately needed as well as a fundamentals coach. Don't believe we will see it. I would give Monte one more year with this "young" team and if he does not produce, move on to someone else. I think the present team has thrown in the hat and just going through the motions till season ends. He has lost this team in my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic