Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball...need an expert assessment of this year's team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,552

Baseball...need an expert assessment of this year's team

Mar 10, 2021, 10:26 AM

from the bored. I've read that we're young and also that we have injuries plaguing us. Is it a combination of both? Seems some of the youngsters are doing pretty well...who is still hurt?

Up until last night's game we'd lost 3 games by 1 run and the other game by 2. I thought we pitched well enough in all 4 losses to have won them...if the bats were working. I think Monte can get them headed in the right direction.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball...need an expert assessment of this year's team

Mar 10, 2021, 10:40 AM

My expert opinion is we’re 5-4. Have played 9 games. And have about 40 more to go. Let’s withhold further judgement until we’re at least halfway through the season.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not judging...trying to find out status of the lineup

Mar 10, 2021, 11:47 AM

with regard to youth/injuries. Agree that there is a long season ahead and plenty of time to trend up. Perhaps I could've worded the post differently.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In My Expert Opinion.

Mar 10, 2021, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Baseball...need an expert assessment of this year's team ]

Clemson is 5-5.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2021, 11:14 AM

Hackenberg is the starting catcher but is still out with injury.

We have not yet seen Sam Hall because of injury. He has been a multi-year starter in the program and was competing to start this season when he got injured.

Keyshawn Askew was expected to be a major factor in the pitching rotation and has not yet been on the field because of an injury.

All 3 of these players have a chance to return in the coming weeks. Hopefully they can make a positive impact when they return.

At this point in the season, there is not an area where the team can say they are good enough to be winning games. While we may have a solid starting pitcher or two, we can't say that pitching overall has performed well enough to be where it is needed.

All other aspects fall under a similar feeling. While some guys may be doing their job, the team as a whole needs to get better at everything.

My personal recommendation to the players would be to start making sure we are doing the easy things consistently and simplify the game a little bit. It seems many players are trying to be too perfect to succeed consistently.

Mar 10, 2021, 11:35 AM

Very good assessment O.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2021, 11:43 AM

Here are some stats to consider. I have included Notre Dame and Coots stats as a comparison.

Team batting average: CU 258; Opponents 250

ND batting average: ND 245; Opponents 247

Coot batting average: Uofsc 272; Opponents 180

Team earned run average: CU 4.11; Opponents 5.32

ND ERA: ND 5.18; Opponent 5.33

Coot ERA: Uofsc 2.81; Opponents 5.93

Team Fielding: CU 974 Opponent 984

ND Fielding: ND 995; Opponents 977

Coot Fielding Uofsc 970; Opponents 954

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2021, 11:46 AM

Disappointing start but not ready to throw in the towel on this team yet. If They can get the bats going and win a few series they are right back in it. I was a big fan of the Monte Lee hire, but he hast to get it done this year, losing in a regional every year it’s not gonna cut it

Mar 10, 2021, 11:54 AM

Tnet? expert assessment ?***

Mar 10, 2021, 12:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

We're just not a very good baseball program. Haven't been in

Mar 10, 2021, 1:21 PM

over a decade now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2021, 1:51 PM

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,552
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic