Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tigers shut out by No. 23 Georgia to snap streak
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TNET: Tigers shut out by No. 23 Georgia to snap streak

Mar 30, 2021, 9:20 PM

Tigers shut out by No. 23 Georgia to snap streak

CLEMSON, S.C. – Eight pitchers combined to toss a five-hit shutout in No. 23 Georgia’s 2-0 victory over Clemson at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Tuesday night. The Bulldogs improved to 17-7, while the Tigers, who saw their five-game winning streak come to an end, fell to 12-10. Starter Charlie Goldstein Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Back in the good ole days we didn’t call it a streak until double digits***

Mar 30, 2021, 9:39 PM

Re: Back in the good ole days we didn’t call it a streak until double digits***

Mar 30, 2021, 9:50 PM

My initial thoughts as well.

Go Tigers!

Yep. The hosts on WCCP today we’re jacked up because our RPI

Mar 30, 2021, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Back in the good ole days we didn’t call it a streak until double digits*** ]

Has risen to #27. The standards have definitely slipped

Re: Yep. The hosts on WCCP today we’re jacked up because our RPI

Mar 30, 2021, 11:07 PM

Where's Gallo. He should be on the field with urban.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Tigers shut out by No. 23 Georgia to snap streak

Mar 30, 2021, 9:46 PM

NCST and UVA are both well coached and will be better than BC. These next 2 series will pretty much sum it up. Got to win at least 3 of these games because both teams are very beatable . You would expect 4 or 5 wins but you just got to be realistic.

Mar 30, 2021, 11:02 PM

Being realistic, we probably have to win both series and most likely sweep one. We have 28 games left in the season. After the next 7 games, out of our remaining 21 games 14 will be against (currently highly ranked) teams + 1 more against USC-upstate...

We're 3-6 against currently ranked teams and 9-4 against unranked teams. 6 of those 9 teams are absolutely pitiful. The 3 remaining unranked teams that are good competion is the BC sweep.

With a 50 game schedule, I figure with a high sos, we need to be at least 30-20 to make a regional. So we have to go 20-8 from this point.

So if we play 500 ball against the ranked competition, that's 7-7. That means 13-1 against our remaining unranked schedule, one being USC-upstate.... Bottom line, realistic, we're going to have to win every one of our ranked series to make a regional.

Not being negative Nancy because bet your bottom dollar I'll be at the game, watching or,,, listening. Go Tigers. Not giving up yet. Given the math, I'd like to see us play every one of them freshman. Urban, Reid, whoever.

Mar 30, 2021, 9:46 PM

I know, Monday morning QB, and I know the kid chunking for uga doesn't walk batters, and we all know Urban has had clutch hits in the last two pinch hits... All that said, he needs to be starting, but here's my point. I'd have pinch hit Reid for French as soon as they brought that pitcher on. Reagan usually gets wood on the bat. He's pretty fast, and perhaps our best bunter. But here's why I'd have brought him in, he's a 5' 7" little fella so for a pitcher and an ump, the zone shrinks. Woulda shoulda coulda, he might have struck out, he might have hit into a dp, but if you're a coach that coaches by analytics, you'd have at least put some pressure on the pitcher...

It's frustrating and I can't stand losing anything to the puppies. Especially this week. I'd rather lose to the coots.

Mar 31, 2021, 1:03 PM

Why is Henderson playing? We heard since last year how he was just a ball player and could base hit but I've yet to be impressed with him. I'm not about bashing college players but I just don't see it with him. Must be a practice guy bc he definitely hasn't been a game day guy. When I think of a guy that is just a ball player I think of Parker. He isn't spectacular at anything but does everything pretty dadgum well. We all know Grice is a player and I see huge things with him. I also like Brewer but he definitely needs to come around on his bat. We need Meredith to get back to last years start. Davis is another guy who I haven't been hot on with his bat. I know Monte claims he is the best 2 way player in the nation but I don't see it and have call bull on that. There are some upperclassmen that we haven't even seen. Sam Hall is a guy I don't know where he is. Sam Hall is a guy that I look at and see as someone who is just a baseball player. I know he struggled a bit last year but he is someone I'd like to see start. I know he has been injured not sure if he is still. I'm just not getting some personnel moves made by this staff right now. We have upperclassmen that have played tons over the past couple years I haven't even seen. If these freshemen come in better than those guys then OI have to ask why the heck were those guys even recruited to play at Clemson? Maybe I just have a higher standard for Clemson baseball than Monte.

Mar 31, 2021, 4:18 PM

Agree 100%. I've learned you can't really have a discussion or you'll be called out. Don't call me out, present the argument. You mention Henderson, I've repeatedly asked about certain players. Gallo was doing good... He didn't bat well against the coots but then we haven't seen him since. Just like the pitchers that are unavailable. I can't listen to Clemson radio shows in the morning so if that's where it's being discussed, why not write an article. I listen to all of monte's presser, much that they are and learn nothing.

Where is Sam, where is Chad Fairey. You mention Sharpe (I know he's hurt and can't pitch) but even when he could, he seems to regressed. I get it, that's going to happen, but it sure appears to happen often. Great as freshman but never seem to take the next step.

If the guys behind the upper classman are better with more potential, then I say the heck with it, put them in and let them take their lumps and we'd be better off in the long run.

Kier, but as another poster mentioned, is leadoff to get on base but he seems more enamoured in trying to hit a homerun that just a nice hit. Last night, wind blowing in, we throw up a 0. When the winds blowing out, we'll get runs via bombs... But that's not winning baseball.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic