Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
pretty funny
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

pretty funny

Apr 11, 2021, 5:27 PM

I have seen maybe three baseball post in the past week or so, but as soon as we lose a series (the first one in four weekends I might add) there are already at least 5 posts calling for monte to be fired, or complaining about something. bunch of fair weather fans.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: pretty funny

Apr 11, 2021, 5:56 PM

Can't talk for those but Clemson can't afford to drop a game much less a series and to consistently see these guys just beat themselves is so very frustrating. I get it from those guys. There's no reason to have the same problems plague this team every year. Its on routine plays which is the biggest problem. I'm not blaming Monte bc as a player you've got to get your head out of your you know what and make the d@#n play.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2021, 6:19 PM

I’ve posted on TNet many times about baseball. Good and bad. We’ve struggled against mediocre baseball teams. BC sucks and so does NC State and Virginia. We got our butts kicked by USC Upstate. Not just this season but over the past few seasons, we’ve struggled. In the past few years, if Clemson is lucky, they get to a regional, then lose the first round. The excuses every season are injuries and young team. What was the excuse when we had Seth Beer, Chris Okey and the rest of those players? We’ve lost against supposed easy mid-week teams.
Something needs to be fixed because this team looks off. I’ve been saying for a while that Monte needs to hire a hitting coach. A lot of his game time decisions for the line-up and pitching don’t make sense.
What’s wrong with wanting high expectations for your team, be competitive? But, hey, if you want to be like a coot fan in football and be happy when you beat Vanderbilt, you do you.

of course I want us to win.

Apr 11, 2021, 9:21 PM

but I personally feel that some of it is on us as fans. people just dont show up or seem to care about baseball. but yet when we lose they all come out of the woodwork yelling and complaining.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: of course I want us to win.

Apr 11, 2021, 9:46 PM

I do understand what you’re saying and get frustrated with the apathy that fans have for baseball and basketball. That’s why I think they should be held to the same standard as football. I’ve been going to baseball games for over 20 years. A lot of ups and downs with this program. We can do better.

Re: of course I want us to win.

Apr 12, 2021, 10:02 AM

We can and should demand better. I posted under another thread, our baseball recruiting has been in decline for nearly 2 decades now. Plenty of other teams with public schools are getting consistent top 10 classes. We used too.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2021, 9:58 AM

All of these are excellent posts and points. Very few talk about the good games... Or player development. I've been posting for weeks trying to find out about certain players. The write-up on the baseball game is taken straight from Clemsontigers.com

Questions aren't asked of Monte and our away coverage is horrible.

Actually think hackenberg gave us some insight into what some of the problem is. His comments about playing as a team and not being selfish. Which I can understand to a point. Baseball is different in that unlike bball and football, not a lot of rotation of players. Tough to keep everyone engaged.

I also picked up some insight from the former Clemson player in the radio booth yesterday. He was talking about how our batters are still trying to pull that offspeed breaker on the outside instead of going with the pitch. Why does this keep happening. It's stated its being coached so why do the hitters continue to make the same mistakes.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2021, 11:44 AM

Once again, it’s about fundamentals, and it’s either not being coached, or the players aren’t getting it. I tend to go with the former.
The amount of reporting and questions that go into baseball versus football is a joke.
And The Roar, talk about another joke for “Clemson Sports”. If it ain’t football, they’re talking about golf, the Braves, and just random crap.
Baseball can easily be a “me” sport. It’s up to the coaches to build and foster team chemistry. If they don’t get a handle on this season, the finger pointing and resentment can escalate.

Apr 12, 2021, 11:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Apr 12, 2021, 11:56 AM

It’s a sad thing when Clemson baseball is mediocre at best . I don’t think CML should be fired just yet but I don’t have a lot of confidence in him, do you ?

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic