Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger baseball/stadium current state
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Tiger baseball/stadium current state

Apr 14, 2021, 1:37 PM

I like monte and brownell but times ticking. That’s my only thing. B-ball it’s hard because of how deep acc is. Not sure can get much better there. Baseball on other hand monte won it with jacks guys and has done well until this year for mid week games. However jack put us there in regionals and supers but couldn’t get over the hump. Bowden wasn’t bad like people say. Always going to bowls but couldn’t win those marque games to get us to the next level. It’s hard comparing different sports especially when one is so dominant. Another note is that we have had good players but they leave early for draft or we get commits but they go early in draft. Can we not get some more juco guys like in all sports. I love to develop and home grown talent but If you build it/ offer they will come. We went to car during rain last night. We normally park near softball because this year most of our seats are there this year. We parked out in jervey last night and I noticed weeds inside and out of stadium and faded seats and cob Web up near press box seats and where Danny sits. I noticed the baseballs starting to look eh. Sitting outfield the paw close up on indoors cages is faded. I notice crowd isn’t in it like it use to be. We have money and facilities we are asking for me. Details matter to me and I’m sure of others. Sec baseball is so different. I’ve heard bc they have more room for scholarships not sure how true but just watching those games on tv and been to some it puts us to shame. Now acc isn’t a slouch in baseball but I compare our stadium to unc fsu, lville, even wake and others and the small things matter! The Doug use to be loud and top place to see and play at. Do fans care anymore or does d rad? Or is it just a event to see and something to do until the fall? #makeclemsonbaseballgreatagain #makethedougloudagain

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger baseball/stadium current state

Apr 14, 2021, 2:44 PM

Yeah, I figured this would get a TD. Mine do too. All I want is a serious question about baseball. Sure the little things matter and you're not talking a ton of dollars. It portrays as attitude that it doesn't matter.

Look at how Dabo is, he's as detailed oriented as they come. Has recruiting trips to fine tuned well managed trips... As for SEC and more schollys, that only applies to vandy. Last year our class was adjusted 28th. That's the rankings of kids that made it to campus. Miami was 1. Coots were 10th and it's showing.

I disagree with judge on bball because imo, Brownell not the man to get us to where we can be. But judge brings up some of these details too. And they do matter. It's top down. No one was satisfied with Bowden. Monte is the same way. He'll recruit in the 20's and 30's with an occasional top 15. Dabo did too but Dabo coached his way to win the big series and games... Then recruited better and better.

Imo, that's where Brad and Monte miss. Can't take said talent and get more from them. CofC perfect example. They don't have more talent. Former Clemson players who like Monte say our hitting approach is terrible. I'm no coach and not advocating for a change but if they're not able to win like we should, something or some one needs to be held accountable.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2021, 2:54 PM

Heck that freshmen starter for them last night was decent.

Apr 14, 2021, 3:16 PM

Yeah, he was. Mid week teams needing a marquee win, will chunk one of their better starters. I get it, but teams like Clemson should beat their ace...

Just watch CU softball

Apr 14, 2021, 3:11 PM

seriously, baseball games are waaaaaaay too long. I can't stand to see the batter re-adjust their batting gloves and cup holder after every pitch. Change the rules, every one gets one pitch, if its a strike your out, if not go to first. Let everyone take steroids

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Yep! I'd rather watch paint dry than watch baseball nowadays

Apr 14, 2021, 3:25 PM

I'm 61 and used to not be this way. Grew up listening to the Big Red Machine on my little AM radio as a kid. I can understand kids nowadays not going to a game. Their minds are running 120 mph and baseball games are going 25 mph. Softball is running at 55 mph!

And then MLB brings politics into it. Not sure why they can't do what The Masters do and stay out of it.

I'm not an expert, but I'm not sure it's Clemson's fault that the Doug is not loud anymore. It might be just a sign of the times.

But, as always,

Go Tigers AND Stay Well Clemson Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Just watch CU softball

Apr 14, 2021, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Just watch CU softball ]

Played in some 1pitch softball tournaments back in the day. Either a ball or a strike. You’d better swing if you could reach it. They were fun and the games moved quickly.

Attendance is limited to 1280 max this year due to COVID. No

Apr 14, 2021, 3:19 PM

chance of increase until McMaster lifts restrictions. In regards to schollies, maximum per team is 11.7. The private institutions, such as Vandy, Stanford, et al., can offer academic scholarships to cover the cost of attendance, therefore attracting more and better baseball players who don't want to play minor-league ball straight out of high school.

As far as maintenance, cutbacks everywhere due to COVID. Coaches took a 10% pay cut. I am hopeful that the AD will do something now that the problem is being noticed. Squeaky wheel, you know.

Re: Attendance is limited to 1280 max this year due to COVID. No

Apr 14, 2021, 4:04 PM

User Logo
tigerteez
CU Guru [1522]
TigerPulse: 100%
Atten­dance is limited to 1280 max this year due to COVID. No [1]
Posted: Apr 14, 2021, 3:19 PM

chance of increase until McMaster lifts restrictions. In regards to schollies, maximum per team is 11.7. The private institutions, such as Vandy, Stanford, et al., can offer academic scholarships to cover the cost of attendance, therefore attracting more and better baseball players who don't want to play minor-league ball straight out of high school.

As far as maintenance, cutbacks everywhere due to COVID. Coaches took a 10% pay cut. I am hopeful that the AD will do something now that the problem is being noticed. Squeaky wheel, you know.

FOGHORN LIFTED THE RESTRICTIONS ON MARCH 5TH. CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW MANY PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW THAT. HE LIFTED THE MASK MANDATE, LET BARS AND RESTAURANTS GO TO 100%, AND LIFTED THE LARGE SCALE GATHERING RESTRICTION. GOOGLE IS A GREAT THING. I HAVE BEEN TO SEVERAL BARS WHERE THE WORKERS AND CUSTOMERS NO LONGER WEAR MASKS. THOSE PEOPLES WORK ENVIRONMENT IS SO GREAT. AMAZING HOW MANY RESTAURANTS STILL REQUIRE THEIR WORKERS TO WEAR THOSE FILTHY THINGS. IF BARS CAN OPEN AT 100% WHY CAN CLEMSON NOT LET IN MORE FANS. I HAVE EMAILED DRAD 4 TIMES AND GOTTEN THE SAME BULLSH!T REPLY. OLE MISS HAD 33000 FANS AT THEIR SERIES LAST WEEKEND. MAYBE IF OTHERS WOULD COMPLAIN SOMETHING WOULD GET DONE.

HEY BIG DUMMY DO YOU KNOW THAT FOGHORN

Apr 14, 2021, 4:11 PM

CANNOT ENFORCE A MASK REQUIREMENT NOR CAN HE KEEP RESPONSIBLE PEOPLE FROM WEARING MASKS OR KEEP BUSINESS OWNERS FROM CREATING THEIR OWN MASK POLICIES RIGHT NOT EVERYONE BLINDLY FOLLOWS THE HEAD SHEEP LIKE YOU BUDDY PEOPLE ARE STILL DYING OUT THERE AND GETTING COVID AND STUFF SO YOU JUST KEEP GOING TO YOUR DIRTY LITTLE BAR THERE AND POSTING IN ALL CAPS I JUST HOPE YOU DONT GET THE CHYNA VIRUS BECAUSE YOU POST LIKE SOMEONE WITH A WHOLE LOT OF UNDERLYING ISSUES AND I CAN ASSURE YOU DRAD IS SMARTER THAN YOU ARE BUDDY AND I CAN ALSO ASSURE YOU GOOD HIGH DOLLAR IPTAY DONORS LIKE MYSELF DON'T WANT TO BE SITTING NEXT TO NO DIRTY OLD MAN WITH NO MASK AND STANKY BREATH HOLLERIN ABOUT FOGHORNS NEWS ARTICLE ON GOOGLE LOL AN IF YOU THINK A LITTLE FILTHY DUMPY BAR THAT YOU HANG OUT IN IS THE GOLD STANDARD FOR VIRUS METHODOLOGIES THAN I APOLOGIZE FOR CALLING YOU BIG DUMMY BECAUSE I REALLY MEANT TO CALL YOU A SUPERSIZED DUMMY YOU SUPERSIZED DUMMY DUMMY!

Re: HEY BIG DUMMY DO YOU KNOW THAT FOGHORN

Apr 14, 2021, 4:28 PM

I HAD THE DEADLY VIRUS. AND IF YOU SHEEP ARE STILL IN THE BASEMENT SCARED WITH 2 MASKS ON THEN JUST STAY THERE AND LET THE REST OF US LIVE OUR LIVES.

YOU DIRTY MOUTH BREATHING SUPERSIZED DUMMY DUMMY

Apr 14, 2021, 4:38 PM

I BET YOU SPREAD IT EVERYWHERE AND KILLED PEOPLE BUT HEY THE BAR IS PROBABLY LESS CROWDED NOW RIGHT?

OH AND I FORGOT TO ADD I'M NOT IN ANY BASEMENT PAL

Apr 14, 2021, 4:41 PM

I'VE HAD ALL 3 SHOTS AND AM LIVING FREELY BUT ONE THING I DID LEARN OVER THE PAST YEAR WAS I NO LONGER WANT TO BE AROUND FILTHY PEOPLE SO IVE SEnT DRAD 5 EMAILS ASKING HIM TO KEEP YOU POOR DIRTY PEOPLE OUT OF DEATH VALLEY BECAUSE YOU DON'T BELONG THERE.

Re: OH AND I FORGOT TO ADD I'M NOT IN ANY BASEMENT PAL

Apr 14, 2021, 6:11 PM

I been going since the early 60’s. How bout you pal. Bet you don’t even belong to iptay

Can you guise stop yelling. I trying to take a nap.***

Apr 15, 2021, 7:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

There's also no ban currently on

Apr 14, 2021, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Attendance is limited to 1280 max this year due to COVID. No ]

licking public toilet seats. Can you please go around and try doing that and seeing what sticks?

i would lick a toilet seat if you just sat on it <3***

Apr 14, 2021, 4:20 PM

Apr 14, 2021, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Attendance is limited to 1280 max this year due to COVID. No ]

de, I know you go to all the games. Sam said in his interview last night about the same as hack alluded to about players being too tight and all the players essentially wanting to be the guy. True, we don't have top 10 talent but we got some kids with a lot of talent. A friend of mine has a son (going to play with citadel) that's Ty best friend. While she won't, and I'd never ask, what her son says.. But I'll say this, she is dumbfounded at Clemson's record this year.

Any clues? Tia

On a side note, hack shouldn't be playing. I don't think he's 100 yet. French at least threw out a few... And his hitting albeit spotty was a little better.

Apr 14, 2021, 4:49 PM

Oh someone crying on covid. I wore masks and distances and such and got it in spring last year. My gf and others I know got the shot and got sick. Yeah what’s long term effects and such. We can’t cure cancer but cure this new thing this fast? Nah. If afraid to go out don’t go. We shouldn’t be forced to get something. Most deaths are from people with other illness. Yeah it’s lib univ controlled my gov why we haven’t opened stadiums back up. Smh. Maybe it will happen when students leave but I doubt.

It is not “the doug”***

Apr 14, 2021, 7:58 PM

Re: It is not “the doug”***

Apr 15, 2021, 7:15 AM

It’s Doug kingsmore ...the Doug is short abbreviation. ??

No. Doug Kingsmore is a person.***

Apr 15, 2021, 7:21 AM

Re: No. Doug Kingsmore is a person.***

Apr 15, 2021, 8:37 AM

Yeah no duh I didn’t know they named the stadium after him smh.

Apr 15, 2021, 9:43 AM

I can’t believe anyone actually watches baseball. I went to 1 baseball game my entire time at Clemson and that was just me trying to get lucky with a coed.

You literally couldn’t pay me to go to a baseball game.

Apr 15, 2021, 11:39 AM

I love tiger baseball and always have. There before football for me since I played and coach .

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic