Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New coach

Mar 9, 2021, 6:50 PM

Who would y’all like to see get the job...afraid it’s coming unless this L will light a fire under them. I like Corbin and o Sullivan but doubt they’d come back. I’d like a young guy but he whats yalls thoughts are...hell I bet Holbrook would do better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forget O’Sullivan and Corbin. They ain’t coming back.

Mar 9, 2021, 7:04 PM

Holbrook is a no, too. We already have a former coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Forget O’Sullivan and Corbin. They ain’t coming back.

Mar 9, 2021, 7:06 PM

Gimme names

Re: Forget O’Sullivan and Corbin. They ain’t coming back.

Mar 9, 2021, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Forget O’Sullivan and Corbin. They ain’t coming back. ]

I’m not sold sully wouldn’t come back, yes he has a good program at Florida and new stadium I believe now but for some reason they don’t get a ton of support fan wise ... and that may not be important to him who knows I just imo wouldn’t rule him out ... Corbin absolutely wouldn’t . Honestly I like monte and think he can get it done but he needs to stick with an identity ... we hit bombs when he first got here and had some pitching injuries that hurt us... now it seems like he’s goin away from that recruiting philosophy but if your gonna do that man have some players that are good fundamentally ... his teams can’t bunt at all and are absolutely terrible on the bases

Re: New coach

Mar 9, 2021, 7:15 PM

I don’t follow the landscape close enough and just watch Clemson. Can’t give a name but the next coach I want better not talk exit velo and have his guys trying to hit 3 pop ups a game. Find someone who coaches fundamentals and understands situational hitting. Monte does not and needs to go.

Mar 9, 2021, 7:18 PM

I had a coach in middle and he went to basics. Kids try and learn advanced stuff way too early now a days. I coach and played in college. I get it. But something seems off. Only lost 3 arms from last year. Where is bo? Give me a set lineup!

Mar 9, 2021, 7:27 PM

idiots galore

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2021, 7:37 PM

DEROBERTS, THIS ISNT A PERSONAL ATTACK AND YOU SEEM LIKE A SWELL FELLOW. BUT YOUR ABOUT A FRY AND A CHEESEBURGER SHORT OF A HAPPY MEAL

Mar 9, 2021, 7:45 PM

Yes. ???? Hexalways flocks to the defense of Lee. Hasnt accomplished anything at Clemson. Mr.Roberts your line of thinking is what makes program become insignificant. Lee is in over his head. And no offense to anyone but the answer is not currently on-staff before we start circulating "that guy". That guy was on Leggett's staff and that didnt end well either. Time for total refresh!!

Mar 9, 2021, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: New coach ]

why thanks that is a compliment from some of you morons. same old sh!t after every loss. this crowd even wants to tell dabo how to coach.

Mar 9, 2021, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: New coach ]

How has this program progressed since Lee has become coach? Honest question. He’s a good recruiter, the players love him and come to Clemson because of him. But how is this program better? The hitting has been suspect for years now. Seth Beer seemed to regress under Monte. Why won’t he hire a hitting coach? The pitching is decent, best thing we have right now, but that’s not saying much. Base running has gotten worse. Some of these guys are struggling with baseball fundamentals. Since he got here, we’ve been losing these mid-week games, which should be like scrimmages. Wasn’t even a close game. Clemson got their ##### kicked by USC Upstate. But it’s only been 6 years right? Monte needs more time? It’s not like it’s football, where Dabo almost got fired after his 6th year, but was still going to bowl games and winning.

Mar 9, 2021, 8:29 PM

Maybe a former player give him a shot

Mar 9, 2021, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: New coach ]

Hes 100% right, are u happy with at best getting spanked out of a 1st round host playoff series?? Because that is where we are. AT BEST

Mar 9, 2021, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: New coach ]

There's a lot of posters on here that follow baseball close, know the game and go to all the games. Wish they would speak up and speak out. It doesn't mean you're a coot or a negative Nancy... And it doesn't mean you're trying to know more than Monte. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

First 3 years Monte did ok but those were Jack's players. This is NOT like basketball. Clemson and the ACC have a rich history in baseball.

Granted, scholly rules did change in 2009/10 etc and that even crept in and was hurting Jack. Then in 2015? I think is when the out of state tuition $'s dried up and hurt us there. Corbin's a good coach but with private vandy $, he's got a gold mine, as does other private schools. Been digested on here many times.

We are a young team. We are down a few players but something is definitely wrong.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2021, 9:00 PM

I’m definitely not asking for a new coach but something is missing. I love CU baseball more than football. I’m 37 and absolutely hate the analytics of what baseball has become. Baseball is a simple game; see ball , hit ball. Choke and poke. Hit behind him. Get it down. Make sure he goes to the plate....

I’m not necessarily a small ball guy but it shouldn’t be boxed in. You win in the situations. Sadly, Monte very rarely wins these situations vs inferior competition. Yes we are young but that has been the saying for years now and I don’t get it. We can’t keep “being young.” Hopefully we figure it out have a great year. We are definitely talented but I don’t like that we have not really cemented a starting 8 . I will be hear though !! Go Tigers!

Mar 9, 2021, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: New coach ]

I’m definitely not asking for a new coach but something is missing. I love CU baseball more than football. I’m 37 and absolutely hate the analytics of what baseball has become. Baseball is a simple game; see ball , hit ball. Choke and poke. Hit behind him. Get it down. Make sure he goes to the plate....

I’m not necessarily a small ball guy but it shouldn’t be boxed in. You win in the situations. Sadly, Monte very rarely wins these situations vs inferior competition. Yes we are young but that has been the saying for years now and I don’t get it. We can’t keep “being young.” Hopefully we figure it out have a great year. We are definitely talented but I don’t like that we have not really cemented a starting 8 . I will be hear though !! Go Tigers!

Mar 9, 2021, 10:22 PM

Thanks Shuey. I'll be there too. And I agree. Obviously Monte is trying to find a spark but not sure we've had the same 8 more than 2 games. If he's trying to appease players giving them PT, then bad coaching.

We had a good hitting night against ND but in all honesty, the wind was blowing out and we got a few nice freebies then had a couple good pokes with the wind. I digress.

I wish I had been around Grice to see him pitch but the first outing showed me enough. He has one pitch, fastball strikes. He got away with it against a bad hitting cincy team but any team that squares have to pick their chops. I'm sure usc-up was laughing. No movement.

Another thing that drives me nuts is our guys cannot hit an offspeed or breaking ball for nothing. Why? As you say, see ball, hit ball.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2021, 5:19 AM [ in reply to Re: New coach ]

While I agree with your assessment overall, I disagree on the midweek games. Losing the midweek games had become a trend at the end of Jack’s career. Coach Lee turned that around immediately. At some point thereafter, as you mention, the Tigers began regressing. Clemson baseball should not lose by 10 runs to USC Upstate anytime, midweek or not.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2021, 5:22 AM [ in reply to Re: New coach ]

Hes 100% right, are u happy with at best getting spanked out of a 1st round host playoff series?? Because that is where we are. AT BEST

Jack Leggett is available.

Mar 9, 2021, 8:40 PM

Too soon?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Jack Leggett is available.

Mar 9, 2021, 8:45 PM

We could bring Oliver Purnell and Bill Willhelm back. Along with Dabo , that would be a formidable 3 -some in the Big 3 Sports!

Oliver Purnell...you've got to be kidding!***

Mar 9, 2021, 9:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2021, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Jack Leggett is available. ]

Can’t believe Judge is jumping on Monte after defending coach Brownell like he is his brother. I guess you want Danny back too.

Mar 9, 2021, 9:35 PM

Me thinks he’s being sarcastic....

Mar 10, 2021, 7:35 AM

I’d like a new guy in here or heck bring Kevin o back. I know they got a new park but seems like in past watching gator games on tv they don’t get as many fans down there. I still believe and hope we can get this turned around. I get a lot bc I coach and played the game. It’s always been pitching recently but now it’s the basics and offense. Something is off. We only lost 3 arms. Yes we started slow last year offense wise but found it. Yes we have a few injuries that should be back soon. Still idk why no bo majkowski . We are young but man need some leadership. We need a set lineup. A lot of teams had guys coming back due to draft and short season. I’m at all the games and watching on tv. It’s hard to know what we can be and more and having the success in other sports. I love baseball more then football just bc tha td always been my sport. I like monte but we need some shake up.

Mar 10, 2021, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Jack Leggett is available. ]

maybe you morons calling for a new coach should check out coach leggetts record last 4 years. i was a gigantic leggett fan but the time was right. i am not pleased with this team so far but we are very young, mostly because we have several guys out. how soon you forget that last years team was 14-3 and lost weatherly spiers and several other players. can we wait till about game 25 before we burn down kingsmore. of course we can not. unfortunately clemson has a lot of walmart fans. way to many sadly.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic